Login

russian armor

Assault Grenadier bulletin affecting regular Grens?

12 Jun 2015, 11:29 AM

Hey,

I just played a game with a guy who had the assault Grenadier bulletin (+3% increased accuracy) two times in his loadout + the 3% increased accuracy for regular Grens. But he didn´t have the doctrine that gives you assault Grens. When I asked him, he told me that the increased accuracy for Assault Grens also worked for the regular Grens and vice versa, because they share the same model.

Can somebody confirm this? This would mean that you could get out quite a performance buff from your Grens. Increased accuracy directly affects damage and is definitely better than the regular Gren bulletins.

If that is true you could get about 9-10% more dps out of your standard infantry.
12 Jun 2015, 11:44 AM

I feel like this is not true.
12 Jun 2015, 11:52 AM

12 Jun 2015, 12:28 PM

I use exactly the same bulletins (2 for AGs for stacking and one for normal grenadiers) but only when I'm playing mechanized assault doctrine. If a separate accuracy bulletin for AGs exists, what does this tell you?
12 Jun 2015, 12:36 PM

"Normal Grens" bulletins DO work for Assault grens but Assault gens bulletins DONT work for normal grens.

From coh2 forums:

"Though the Assault Grenadiers have the "grenadiers" type in both EBP and SBP, and that's exactly the type that the Grenadier intel bulletins are looking for, so that does work.

The Assault Grenadier bulletin only affects EBP files with the "assault_grenadier" type, which only Assault Grenadiers have.

Some modifiers affect only an EBP (i.e. weapon accuracy, damage, health, armor, etc.) and some only affect an SBP (i.e. suppression received, capture rate, etc.), so the unit types will usually be loaded more onto the EBP, and less so on the SBP."

Source
12 Jun 2015, 16:35 PM

"Normal Grens" bulletins DO work for Assault grens but Assault gens bulletins DONT work for normal grens.

From coh2 forums:

"Though the Assault Grenadiers have the "grenadiers" type in both EBP and SBP, and that's exactly the type that the Grenadier intel bulletins are looking for, so that does work.

The Assault Grenadier bulletin only affects EBP files with the "assault_grenadier" type, which only Assault Grenadiers have.

Some modifiers affect only an EBP (i.e. weapon accuracy, damage, health, armor, etc.) and some only affect an SBP (i.e. suppression received, capture rate, etc.), so the unit types will usually be loaded more onto the EBP, and less so on the SBP."

Source

Wow! Do you know of any "features" of that kind for other unit types?
12 Jun 2015, 23:03 PM

Assault grenadier squads have 4 entities that are grenadiers, and a single assault grenadier leader that uses a different model and has slightly different stats (I think only slightly more armor.)

So gren bulletins if they do work for assault grens, would only affect 4 of the 5, if I recall the mod tools correctly.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★