Login

russian armor

The reason relic changed unit spacing and formation.

10 Jun 2015, 16:10 PM

Because medium donks with massive HE couldn't do shit against inf. Sherman, t34, PIV were quite garbage against inf and a waste of resources. Now they are actually useful, thanks to this smart change. And I think it's here to stay.

Tip: Don't rely on your anti-everything doom blobs too much, they might be wiped out in the blink of an eye.
10 Jun 2015, 16:12 PM

Because medium donks with massive HE couldn't do shit against inf. Sherman, t34, PIV were quite garbage against inf and a waste of resources. Now they are actually useful, thanks to this smart change. And I think it's here to stay.

Tip: Don't rely on your anti-everything doom blobs too much, they might be wiped out in the blink of an eye.

No they changed unit spacing because squads struggled to get fully into cover due to spacing. Nice try though
10 Jun 2015, 16:13 PM

Permanently Banned

Once again tea maker you are wrong. Squad spacing wasn't to buff mediums, but to help large squads fit behind cover correctly.

You can't seriously expect this to be because they wanted to buff mediums. If they wanted to do that why didn't they just increase their AOE???

120mm, isu152, king tiger, all AOE weapons etc were all buffed because of it.

Squad spread behavior can also be changed when a unit is out of cover not just all the time, thanks to modders who have told us its possible. Just relic, err - lelic doesn't want to and says they have no plans to change it.
10 Jun 2015, 16:16 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Jun 2015, 16:12 PMpugzii

No they changed unit spacing because squads struggled to get fully into cover due to spacing. Nice try though

^ he is right.

Anyways would love to see better spacing on small squads e.g. Obersoldaten and Fallschirmjäger are so close together... Scott -> insta wipe.
10 Jun 2015, 16:17 PM

Changing AOEs would require much more time and efforts. It is one simple universal solution.
10 Jun 2015, 16:19 PM

Permanently Banned
Changing AOEs would require much more time and efforts. It is one simple universal solution.

Yeah being lazy really did us all good. Thanks lelic you made mediums a bit better but you made a lot of units OP nice work. Hurr, just stop tea maker.
10 Jun 2015, 16:20 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Yeah, what they said. Flat-out buffing mediums would probably be what they actually did if that were the intentionally.

I was a lot happier when I had to micro my tanks backward from infantry more regularly than expecting a 50% chance to wipe with every hit.
10 Jun 2015, 16:22 PM

thanks tea maker machine.

youre amazing.
10 Jun 2015, 16:24 PM

Vehicles and arty should have a bigger say on ze field, not blobs. Dudes standing in front of multiple massive HE shells and LOLing at them is just silly.
10 Jun 2015, 16:29 PM

Permanently Banned
"One shot wipes and less micro from vehicles that don't bleed manpower like infantry do should be encouraged"- xX420TeaMaK3rXx

"Infantry micro too hard" "Use tanks" "Blaze it" - Tea Maker
10 Jun 2015, 16:39 PM

"All I can do is to blob volks/ZookRM/PTRSTurds/LMGrens and win the game. Controlling fuel points and cutting off your opponent's resources should not be rewarded with useful vehicles. My inf should be capable of handling any situation.:guyokay:" DASPoLoS, 6/09/2002 - 6/10/2015
10 Jun 2015, 16:49 PM

Think of it like this... The models within a squad are programmed to look for cover when they are in an area but also to be a certain distance from each other. The old spread out method was better for advancing over open ground but when a squad tried to hid behind cover, those retards Sasha and Ivan always stood out in the open because they didn't want to get closer to the other guys behind the wall. Now they would get pinned as if they were in the open and not in green cover, causing the rest of the squad to get pinned (and to hate Relic and ask for better cover-seeking). BTW, other factions also suffered from this.

Better cover seeking was granted (along with 4 man weapon crews to Ost) and all was great and happy in the world of COH2 for about a day when everyone figured out they were now getting squad wipes.

But it seems you can't code for both in different situations, only for one or the other.
10 Jun 2015, 16:51 PM

10 Jun 2015, 17:15 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

I hope at some point this thread evolves into realizing that unit spacing doesn't help against blobs rather than screwing single squads.
10 Jun 2015, 17:29 PM

I hope at some point this thread evolves into realizing that unit spacing doesn't help against blobs rather than screwing single squads.

My falls got one-shotted by a Stuart today, while my HE M4 missed 2 out 3 shots against a blob yesterday!

You satisfied? :megusta:
10 Jun 2015, 17:38 PM

Stop talking about something you know nothing about.
If you had even a modicum of programming knowledge. you would know that modifying the programming of model AI is a shit ton more time then simply changing a number value in a few units stats. You couldn't be more wrong.
10 Jun 2015, 17:41 PM

No they changed it because of Aspergers
10 Jun 2015, 17:45 PM

I am Commander Shepard and this is my favourite thread on the Citadel.
10 Jun 2015, 18:00 PM

you would know that modifying the programming of model AI is a shit ton more time then simply changing a number value in a few units stats.

You are wrong and have no idea how COH2 works. Don't derail please.

Also modifying unit formation and spacing not only improved medium vehicles in terms of AI, it also made using cover mechanics much more effective.
10 Jun 2015, 18:23 PM

Autism Tales: The Eastern Front stories
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight