Login

russian armor

Company of Heroes 2 Voices

PAGES (8)down
30 Sep 2015, 04:50 AM

I really don't care about realism or accuracy with CoH. The unit dialogue has always been tongue-in-cheek caricature nonsense, and you guys just now realize you want realistic sounding voices?

Jesus people try to sap the fun out of anything.
30 Sep 2015, 08:08 AM

First of all, thank you.

Generally, I like CoH2 voice acting more than vCoH, mainly because the insane number of voice lines for every single unit. PaK40 it self has like 10 minutes of voice lines. Some units are left out though.

I like vCoH grens more than CoH2 grens. vCoH grens were badasses. vCoH announcer was also better than OKW announcer. OKW dude sounds like a bad guy from children TV. Ost announcer is fan-fucking-tastic (He's the actor of the German commander in The Band of Brothers). I wish he had more lines.

In both games, I adore Pioneers. They are very enthusiastic, and in both games they use a lot of German lines and phrases which is great. Also the Sturmpioneer actor (who is also the Medium armor voice actor) is great.

I don't like PzGrens. Their actor has a great voice but the accent is terrible. PzFussis are also not very good.

Tank drivers are also way better in CoH2, specially heavy ones. In vCoH they sounded like lazy and literally heavy (Remember the Tiger from vCoh?).

Russians sound great to me because I have no idea about Russian language expect the stereotypes we see on TV or other media, which is basically the emphasis on "R". I like Russian announcer, accurate or not.

USF is wayyyy better than vCoH. Rifles are fantastic but the nag too much. The actor does his best when they are in combat. Their announcer is not like the others, others speak like a commander but USF announcer sounds like a radio operator.

Brits are also great, absolutely great, specially Scottish fellows. They are brilliant. I just hate the Brit announcer. His voice and accent is great but he is such a smart ass. "Weapon crew are... quit dead". What the fuck is this shit? "supplies look a bit squishy [or something like that]" also terrible.

All and all, Relic's voice and sound team are GOOD. Really good, and not only in CoH. My favourite line of all time is... Fear denies faith
30 Sep 2015, 08:27 AM

Anybody here remember poor old Hotchkiss? Old PE line is great, they even comment about the weather like if the map is raining or stuff like that. Shame that COH2 has so few random unit chat like that.
30 Sep 2015, 08:53 AM

Anybody here remember poor old Hotchkiss? Old PE line is great, they even comment about the weather like if the map is raining or stuff like that. Shame that COH2 has so few random unit chat like that.

"When are we going to retire this tank?"

Not today my friend, we're putting rockets on the side :sibHyena:
30 Sep 2015, 11:19 AM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Sep 2015, 08:08 AMRMMLz

...........I just hate the Brit announcer. His voice and accent is great but he is such a smart ass. "Weapon crew are... quit dead". What the fuck is this shit? "supplies look a bit squishy [or something like that]" also terrible.

:D It's a long story, which is probably boring, so briefly, up until about 1871, British officers tended to buy their commissions. This meant they had to have money and came from the wealthier sector of society. In turn, that sector tended to privately educate their children who were taught to speak "the Kings English/Queens English" which might be described as an affected drawl. If you spoke "properly", it differentiated you from the masses.

So translated into the military life, everything has to be unrushed and unhurried, organised and smart, because gentlemen (sic) don't rush about and must not panic in front of the men.

The Cardwell Reforms

The military also tend to use different terminology.

"Squiffy" means slightly drunk/disordered. It goes back to the 19th century in origin, apparently.

The quickest approximation is set out in the right hand table in the Wiki link below.

U and non-U

"U and non-U English usage, with "U" standing for "upper class", and "non-U" representing the aspiring middle classes, was part of the terminology of popular discourse of social dialects (sociolects) in Britain in the 1950s" - but it had started before that. WWII brought a strange amalgamation of affected U terminology and military slang

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/U_and_non-U_English

Keep a stiff upper lip! ;)

30 Sep 2015, 11:45 AM

I do like that the elite infantry speaks more professionally and use more military terminology than their regular infantry counterparts, especially noticeable when comparing Guards to Conscripts and Paratroopers to Riflemen. Little bit less so for the German elite infantry :luvDerp:

Also those Paratrooper lines totally suggested that American infantry was at some point in the design able to mount tanks and ride them!
30 Sep 2015, 12:23 PM

Didn't the Hotch have a line like "My other panzer's a Tiger!" lol classic.

Generally, I like CoH2 voice acting more than vCoH, mainly because the insane number of voice lines for every single unit. PaK40 it self has like 10 minutes of voice lines. Some units are left out though.

vCoH had a shit load of dialogue, in some areas a lot MORE than CoH2. Lots of variations and unused lines.

The accent on those vCoH Fallschirmjägers though...."FG-42, now this is what I'm talking about!" (last 5 seconds of video). Falls had over 40 freaking minutes of recorded dialogue alone.

30 Sep 2015, 14:37 PM

:D It's a long story, which is probably boring, so briefly, up until about 1871, British officers tended to buy their commissions. This meant they had to have money and came from the wealthier sector of society. In turn, that sector tended to privately educate their children who were taught to speak "the Kings English/Queens English" which might be described as an affected drawl. If you spoke "properly", it differentiated you from the masses.

So translated into the military life, everything has to be unrushed and unhurried, organised and smart, because gentlemen (sic) don't rush about and must not panic in front of the men.

The Cardwell Reforms

The military also tend to use different terminology.

"Squiffy" means slightly drunk/disordered. It goes back to the 19th century in origin, apparently.

The quickest approximation is set out in the right hand table in the Wiki link below.

U and non-U

"U and non-U English usage, with "U" standing for "upper class", and "non-U" representing the aspiring middle classes, was part of the terminology of popular discourse of social dialects (sociolects) in Britain in the 1950s" - but it had started before that. WWII brought a strange amalgamation of affected U terminology and military slang

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/U_and_non-U_English

Keep a stiff upper lip! ;)

That was very interesting Major. I've always adored British accent (never had any luck learning it, specially London accent. RP is easier) and it was good to know that they actually spoke like this, they were supposed to be Smart asses! I'm reading the links you've provided right now. Thanks.
30 Sep 2015, 16:21 PM
30 Sep 2015, 16:21 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

To keep up to date, you now need to learn Hinglish, but not for the military. :D
30 Sep 2015, 20:56 PM

vCOH had amazing audio, especially Falls! Out of all the armies, British have the best COH2 audio dialogue.
30 Sep 2015, 21:07 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Sep 2015, 11:45 AMHawking
I do like that the elite infantry speaks more professionally and use more military terminology than their regular infantry counterparts, especially noticeable when comparing Guards to Conscripts and Paratroopers to Riflemen. Little bit less so for the German elite infantry :luvDerp:

"I know it's technically impossible to fire a Panzerschreck from an enclosed position. Don't read the fucking manual next time, and you won't care so much."

- Panzerschreck Panzergrenadiers when ordered into a building
30 Sep 2015, 21:33 PM

I actually really like how the Ober's VA is all cocky and full of himself until one of his lines he just breaks down and says,

"Kamerades, I have just tried to be in good spirits for all of you...I am tired of trying"

Same with the sturmpio line that's like,

"Before the war my father told me 'when you give your word, you keep it. It is your actions that define you' How can I possibly face him now after what I've done and what I've seen done to others"
30 Sep 2015, 21:59 PM

how you can forget about soviets tank girls?
30 Sep 2015, 22:22 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Sep 2015, 21:33 PMDAKgasm
I actually really like how the Ober's VA is all cocky and full of himself until one of his lines he just breaks down and says,

"Kamerades, I have just tried to be in good spirits for all of you...I am tired of trying"

Same with the sturmpio line that's like,

"Before the war my father told me 'when you give your word, you keep it. It is your actions that define you' How can I possibly face him now after what I've done and what I've seen done to others"

Yeah some of the German VA is depressing if you listen long enough, mostly OKW because by that point they're tired and they've realised they're not in a good position. But even Ostheer talks about their casualty rates. Panzergrenadiers make the joke "Lebensraum? Who's gonna be left to live here?" and Pioneers say something like "We've lost two armies already, we can't possible keep up these losses".
1 Oct 2015, 00:24 AM
Developer Relic Badge

"Alright you dopes, listen up."

USF Riflemen
1 Oct 2015, 00:39 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

You mean "Dopes dopes dopes dopes dopes dopes dopes."
1 Oct 2015, 03:16 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Oct 2015, 00:39 AMVuther
You mean "Dopes dopes dopes dopes dopes dopes dopes GOD DAMNIT"

Fixed that for ya :thumbsup:
1 Oct 2015, 20:31 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Fixed that for ya :thumbsup:

I apologize for my inaccuracy and any inconvenience it may have caused. I understand I have a duty to be as accurate as possible, yet I failed in that, and can only ask for forgiveness for my failure.
1 Oct 2015, 21:26 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Oct 2015, 20:31 PMVuther

I apologize for my inaccuracy and any inconvenience it may have caused. I understand I have a duty to be as accurate as possible, yet I failed in that, and can only ask for forgiveness for my failure.

So we can say... "Got damn it, someone get him outta here". :romeoMug:
PAGES (8)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 42
unknown 14
unknown 9
Germany 20

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W