Login

russian armor

*sigh* the OKW

7 Jun 2015, 20:58 PM

OKW weak? LMAO. Please, with the T1 assault pios and the kubel, the quick denial of a vital are wins the game in the long run. And the flak truck dying to one AT gun? haahahaha. Like what OKW just leaves the truck to get plinked to death by one AT gun.

Axis over all get more OP as the game length increases. Looking at the game stats, overall wins, and win percentage is proof enough. All the axis lovers who glaze over these OP threads, do tell, why the stronger Axis stats then? A) More people play axis because its OP. B) Few and far between good USF players to give any team games a fighting chance.

Every time I play CoH2, I get reminded why I go back to CoH.
7 Jun 2015, 21:04 PM

OKW weak? LMAO. Please, with the T1 assault pios and the kubel, the quick denial of a vital are wins the game in the long run. And the flak truck dying to one AT gun? haahahaha. Like what OKW just leaves the truck to get plinked to death by one AT gun.

Axis over all get more OP as the game length increases. Looking at the game stats, overall wins, and win percentage is proof enough. All the axis lovers who glaze over these OP threads, do tell, why the stronger Axis stats then? A) More people play axis because its OP. B) Few and far between good USF players to give any team games a fighting chance.

I hardly find good teammates in auto match playing Allies, so i go with Axis instead. Average axis players are better than average Allies players
7 Jun 2015, 21:04 PM

Know your enemy; the best way to figure out how to win is to play the faction you lose to the most and figure out what gives you the most problems.

Playing nothing but USF means you will only know what USF is weak to.
7 Jun 2015, 21:23 PM

This guy mentioned Volksgrenadiers, says something about old men and children being deployed, completely confuses Volksgrenadiers with Volkssturm.

They aren't the same thing, do some basic research!
7 Jun 2015, 21:27 PM

[...] More people play axis because its OP. [...]

Careful there. Not everyone wants to play the easiest faction. There's a wide range of motives. Some play a faction for national reasons. Some for playstyle. And yes, some just want to win. So it factors in, but it's not the sole reason! ...

Also, according to this fancy stats site, OKW wins more in team games. In 1v1 they are the faction that has the lowest number of wins, though. They are also the least played faction in 1v1. So maybe Relic should ask themselve how they can make OKW better in 1v1, but worse in team games?
7 Jun 2015, 22:20 PM

Kubels can't cap, so if it's in one place doing area denial and you can't kill it then you're free to cap around it position, an the OKW player will also have to dedicate a squad to supporting it leaving them with even less capping power.

And since the AT gun has more range than the SHQ and damages it faster than a sturm can repair, all you have to do is protect your gun for a bit an the SHQ is gone, which puts you in a great position to push. Generally speaking I find that a SHQ in a very forwards position ends up hurting the OKW more than their enemy, as it can't actually defend itself since anything with range or decent armor can kill it. If you're playing OKW an they build a SHQ, the easiest counter is a supported AT gun, which forces OKW to attack the gun or lose their SHQ.
7 Jun 2015, 23:05 PM

Jesus. Try actually playing OKW for one, try playing the competitive gamemodes (1s and 2s), and I promise, you'll revisit your assessment very quickly.
8 Jun 2015, 05:03 AM

lel...how about playing the game then posting your bs; or go back to COH1 where BrokenElite and Whermacht were the best. Even your idealised COH1 isn't that good.

Pro tip: play all factions before judging.
8 Jun 2015, 05:08 AM
Editor in Chief Badge
Patrion 310

Wow this thread is so salty
8 Jun 2015, 05:49 AM

OKW isn't near as strong as it was a patch or two ago, but I agree that the overall faction design is quite flawed.

In particular; volksgrens being awful until they become at-infantry seems very silly to me (it gives them no middle ground and encourages mainlining call-ins I guess?)
Also, having kubel in place of a non call-in infantry based MGteam seems backwards if kubel was call-in that would seem better imo.
I'm no game dev though idk.
8 Jun 2015, 06:05 AM

OKW sucks and could use proper medium tanks.
8 Jun 2015, 06:16 AM

OKW sucks and could use proper medium tanks.

happy are those who mourn for they shall be conforted :D
8 Jun 2015, 07:29 AM

lel...how about playing the game then posting your bs; or go back to COH1 where BrokenElite and Whermacht were the best. Even your idealised COH1 isn't that good.

Pro tip: play all factions before judging.

Wut?
8 Jun 2015, 07:44 AM

happy are those who mourn for they shall be conforted :D

Wow, didn't esteem you to be a man of faith. The more you know.
8 Jun 2015, 13:01 PM

In 1v1s OKW are the weakest faction.. easily. I think at this stage most people play them for the fun of the challenge.

The stukka hitting exactly where you aim it is a crap idea though.
8 Jun 2015, 20:58 PM

I hardly find good teammates in auto match playing Allies, so i go with Axis instead. Average axis players are better than average Allies players

Confirmed by the chart from below. 61.8% of the people play Axis, 38.2% play Allies. So ya, less opportunity to get "good" Ally players

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Jun 2015, 21:27 PMFluffi

Careful there. Not everyone wants to play the easiest faction. There's a wide range of motives. Some play a faction for national reasons. Some for playstyle. And yes, some just want to win. So it factors in, but it's not the sole reason! ...

Also, according to this fancy stats site, OKW wins more in team games. In 1v1 they are the faction that has the lowest number of wins, though. They are also the least played faction in 1v1. So maybe Relic should ask themselve how they can make OKW better in 1v1, but worse in team games?

Thanks for the link. Some don't want to play to win? Who plays to lose?

As your link shows, the win:loss just gets more exaggerated as the OP flexes more and more in team games.

Of the 4 sides, USF is played the least (17.7%). As mentioned above, a bulk of players play Axis and I'll still wager because A) it's stronger and B) with more players playing it, you'll get better players who'll easily exploit the strengths against less experienced. Doesn't help that the automatching is just as broken as CoH1, putting veteran/high win players against lower ranked ones.

8 Jun 2015, 21:18 PM

Confirmed by the chart from below. 61.8% of the people play Axis, 38.2% play Allies. So ya, less opportunity to get "good" Ally players

Thanks for the link. Some don't want to play to win? Who plays to lose?

As your link shows, the win:loss just gets more exaggerated as the OP flexes more and more in team games.

Of the 4 sides, USF is played the least (17.7%). As mentioned above, a bulk of players play Axis and I'll still wager because A) it's stronger and B) with more players playing it, you'll get better players who'll easily exploit the strengths against less experienced. Doesn't help that the automatching is just as broken as CoH1, putting veteran/high win players against lower ranked ones.

I don't think he was saying that only some people "play" to win so much as they "pick factions" to win, i.e. they choose the faction they think will give them the highest win chance, while others choose based on playstyle or cultural reasons.

And really, I think the reason that Axis is more popular is that it just feels more rounded out. Whenever I play Allies I always have a doctrine picked very early, as they're almost totally necessary for victory, and the choice of tech is crucial because whichever one you pick leaves you terribly exposed in another area.

When I'm playing Ostheer I sometimes don't even pick a doctrine at all. I'll be playing and then, thirty minutes into the game, suddenly realize I'm at CP13 with no doctrine, and start thinking about picking one when the match ends. It's such a well-rounded, reliable faction that I barely even notice not having one selected. OKW is somewhat more doctrine-reliant, though.
8 Jun 2015, 21:27 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Jun 2015, 13:01 PMsamich
In 1v1s OKW are the weakest faction.

No, the OPiest union is unbelievably out of balance in all areas, so when matched up against them it's an auto-loss for the OKW player.
8 Jun 2015, 22:11 PM

8 Jun 2015, 22:49 PM

Panzer II Luchs: Works perfectly, is balanced that's why few OKW players use it.

You just disproved your own statement. :foreveralone:

My reaction to OP's whole post:
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight