Login

russian armor

Pak 43 vs Offmap

7 Jun 2015, 03:49 AM
Patrion 28

pak43 is very complicated, particularly with OKW.

in a few situations it's currently OP. if you stick it behind a really big shotblocker next to an important area you can bunker down around it (or stick your buildings there with OKW) and you'll control a huge area and be nigh unkillable, even with decrewing or really RNG offmaps (particularly with OKW).

if you don't get that great spot though it's shit.
7 Jun 2015, 06:21 AM
Senior Caster Badge
Donator 22

If you set yourself up to be wrecked by a Pak 43, enough to consider calling it OP, then I genuinely believe its a L2P issue. Its like playing double okw last patch and complaining about B4, yeah B4 was OP, but you set yourself up to fail in the first place. Same thing goes for Pak 43, but to a smaller extent.
7 Jun 2015, 06:33 AM

The problem I have with Pak 43 is when i build it near the mid engagment area behind building etc. if there is enemy infantry within the range, the sec i finish building my pak 43 it shoot off its first shot at the stupid infantry and give away it position, then it got airstrike, precision strike, rockets fire at it and MP is wasted. Right now i am forced every time build my pack 43 facing my base direction, so that i can toggle it attack vehicle only which is pretty stupid it should auto ignore infantry

That sounds unlucky. I have never had that problem. In fact when I am frantically trying to micro all over I sometimes don't realize it is a Pak 43 firing at my guys and that I should nope out of there. It sounds fairly similar to the other big guns in this game.

Overall I find it reasonably easy to get your money's worth out of a Pak 43.
7 Jun 2015, 09:26 AM

5-10 range wouldn't hurt.The gun itself is good.But 100 range is absurd because of shooting through shotblocker mechanic.
7 Jun 2015, 09:44 AM

5-10 range wouldn't hurt.The gun itself is good.But 100 range is absurd because of shooting through shotblocker mechanic.

Why would you want a gun with max 10 range only? :snfPeter:
7 Jun 2015, 10:11 AM

What if he/ builds a katyusha?

Then he has countered your PAK43. You can minimize it's effects by making a halftrack to reinforce the PAK43 , repair the PAK43 in between barrages and by not keeping units clumped up around the PAK43.

The PAK43 needs to have counters, otherwise you could just make a PAK43, park a hull-down Ostwind next to it and be safe from nearly everything.
7 Jun 2015, 14:33 PM

Then he has countered your PAK43. You can minimize it's effects by making a halftrack to reinforce the PAK43 , repair the PAK43 in between barrages and by not keeping units clumped up around the PAK43.

The PAK43 needs to have counters, otherwise you could just make a PAK43, park a hull-down Ostwind next to it and be safe from nearly everything.

Ofc that every unit needs to have a counter, Pak43 is just... not that good.

It should work like bunker, so it cant be decrewed. So it can last a hit or two more from some type of artillery.

I would still rather take falk88 from vcoh, easly killed by everything that isnt armor, but small target size, doesn't take alot of space, long range, cant shoot trough buildings.

More practical than this unit.:)
7 Jun 2015, 14:38 PM

I think currently pak43 is a noobtrap. Or a 4v4 stomper tool. I can't imagine this thing being built by wehr in a good, competitive 1v1
7 Jun 2015, 16:50 PM

Pak 43 vs Offmap
You are playing wrong if you are using the PAK43 against offmap arty.

Anyway, the root issue is the fact that the SU is floating munis, the unit itself is fine.
7 Jun 2015, 17:37 PM
Benefactor 115

In my opinion, commanders with heavy tank call ins shouldn't have commander abilities to destroy/wipe out AT emplacements/crews.

this*1000
9 Jun 2015, 14:33 PM

The Pak 43 should not be able to shoot through buildings and walls, so retarded.
9 Jun 2015, 14:40 PM

Why would you want a gun with max 10 range only? :snfPeter:

I have imagined instantly the crew lobbing shells at tanks personally :snfPeter:
9 Jun 2015, 14:44 PM

Permanently Banned
The Pak 43 should not be able to shoot through buildings and walls, so retarded.

it cant move
9 Jun 2015, 14:53 PM

Anyone ever actually seen an OH Pak43 in a competitive game? Because I have not since ages, and I think its for a reason. I mean I reckon the OKW one might work against ie. US Airborne alright on maps like ie. Kholodny or La Gleize where you have plenty of shotblockers to work with in central locations and can turtle nicely with a nearby heal/flaktruck, but against Soviets? Sov T1T3 with certain non meta doctrines is about the only constellation I can think of where Soviets will not have credible indirect fire options.

If the Paks could not shoot through buildings it would turn from highly situational/generally questionable into categorically useless.
9 Jun 2015, 14:59 PM
Donator 33

In my opinion, commanders with heavy tank call ins shouldn't have commander abilities to destroy/wipe out AT emplacements/crews.

What about a Faction that always has acess to a Heavy Tank then? Double standard.
9 Jun 2015, 15:57 PM

Pak 43 is hard to balance. A potent AT gun, but very vulnerable. Buff it and it becomes so good it pays for itself in the first shot and the Allies could lose just because you made 1. Leave it as is and it stays niche.

The unit should always have been the 88mm and not able to shoot through walls. That way its vet 1 would have been a barrage ability.

In any case, Pak 43 is a niche device, you use it only in certain situations. This unit is not for every game.

For instance, if you see your opponent going with Guard motor consider going this doc getting a Stuka and then using Pak 43 to stop T34-85's. Use the Stuka to destroy 120's, and then make him desperate to avoid tech. That will force him into a situation where he has to back tech to T4 to get Kats. At this point you win. If Wehr, why did you not go for a tiger doc?

In team games build one as you lock down a VP. Consider placing it a little way from your base and turn it away from combat. When his tanks roll in spin it back around. They will be so far into the firing arc they will lose one for sure. At that point you win because you paid for the 43. Any more damage you do is icing on the cake.

The Pak 43 is not going to get vet 5. If it did your opponent would need to be terrible and you would too, since you could not exploit destroying multiple tanks without losing a single unit.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★