Login

russian armor

Jackson spam

PAGES (10)down
31 May 2015, 21:54 PM

Step 1. Go Fortified Armor or any of hull down doctrine

Step 2. Hull down Panther on important point

Step 3. laugh, because now you out range his Jacksons

I prefer fortified armor tho because you get smoke so you can disable the bags in a sticky situation with cover along with a CPIV which reduces damage making it essentially impossible for you tanks to die.

(Also they still haven't fixed hull down tanks taking almost zero damage from P47's, so lol).
31 May 2015, 22:08 PM
Donator 33

You don't really outrange Jacksons though. Panthers get 60 range which is pretty cool.

I really like hulldown and the commanders in which you find this ability.
31 May 2015, 22:10 PM

You don't really outrange Jacksons though. Panthers get 60 range which is pretty cool.

I really like hulldown and the commanders in which you find this ability.

They get slightly more than 60 range, but Jacksons can't see as far as they can shoot either.

For best results make sure to hulldown a CPIV because it get's an insanely good ROF.
31 May 2015, 22:26 PM
Donator 33

They get slightly more than 60 range, but Jacksons can't see as far as they can shoot either.

For best results make sure to hulldown a CPIV because it get's an insanely good ROF.

Hmm. I thought the hulldown bonus increased range by 20% which would increase Panther range to exactly 60.

Either way, it's a very good ability.
31 May 2015, 22:40 PM

Hmm. I thought the hulldown bonus increased range by 20% which would increase Panther range to exactly 60.

The damage reduction and stacks with that of the CPIV's, making a Panther able to survive a direct hit with every bomb of a IL-2 bombing run.
31 May 2015, 22:48 PM

25% range, 0.8 rec dmg, 20% or 25% RoF I believe.
31 May 2015, 23:00 PM

Permanently Banned
I have played against that, it worked very well. Was hard to even attack them with this.
31 May 2015, 23:09 PM
Donator 33

jump backJump back to quoted post31 May 2015, 22:48 PMKatitof

25% range, 0.8 rec dmg, 20% or 25% RoF I believe.

That's quite amazing.

31 May 2015, 23:24 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 May 2015, 21:13 PMJohnnyB

...I mean going in with a Tiger and turning upside down an entire enemy line may be sexy, may be real....

Oh please...

If you wanted real, a working Tiger would probably outclass and outrange most of the armor in COH2, but it would cost as much as 10 Shermans and they would have a 50% chance of breaking down just upon entering the battlefield. (With probably a further 25% chance every few minutes of a damaged/destroyed engine.)

Further, it will only be able to cross the heaviest of bridges, causing damage to the rest each time it crossed, possibly collapsing them.
31 May 2015, 23:26 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post31 May 2015, 23:24 PMAvNY

they would have a 50% chance of breaking down just upon entering the battlefield. .

allied air-raids would prevent them from even entering the battlefield
31 May 2015, 23:31 PM

Yawn.
If you wanna know what is wrong with this forum and its mighty warriors, this is in a nutshell.
One "camp" - I am afraid one might have to call it that - sees a potential exaggeration from its dastardly antagonists, and pounces upon it with industrial strength hyperbole.
Tribal, unqualified, schoolyard bullshit.
31 May 2015, 23:33 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 May 2015, 03:40 AMGrumpy

So two Jacksons that cost the same as a Tiger shouldn't counter it, even when they have no AI ability? Are two Jacksons considered spam? I'd be surprised if anyone built three because they have no AI.

More than anything else, the problem right now is that a lot of the better players were in the alpha, and a lot of the remaining random automatch players (particularly in 4v4) are really bad.

Hey, if you read my previous posts, you will see that I did not make any of these arguments in the first place, the discussion kind of evolved to the place of the Tiger in the current meta (and thats a much better discussion) before it got sidetracked again...and again. ;)
1 Jun 2015, 02:25 AM

Everyone here in the thread missing the real point of the thread - the original poster doesn't know how to play, so all your suggestions are invalid. Somehow he still hasn't commented on why he doesn't just make 1-2 paks - literally the best AT option in the game to support his tigers. You guys can keep replying to him with many different options (as we have done) but you can't teach someone who has already made up their mind. He didn't make this thread to find out how to deal with it - in his mind this thread was made to teach all of you something that he already knows to be fact. Maybe a mod will think this is trolling, but I think it is important even for the poster to realize that this is what he is doing so he can think about whether he is really better than and knows more than the experienced players who have come to reply on his thread.

Any USF player knows that you can't just "replace the jackson whenever you want". If you are playing 4v4 and the game has gone long, maybe you are floating enough fuel to just replace them as you lose them in a game that you are already handily winning anyway. But in 1v1 and even 2v2, if you lose your jacksons you are going to have a very hard time recovering. There is also the issue of build time - they build pretty slow considering you have basically no decent AT while you are waiting.

I brought up the cost-effectiveness of the jackson in comparison to the majority of Ostheers tanks in this thread, specifically the tiger (which is the most expensive.) At 125 fuel it hard-counters a 230 fuel tank. In comparison a 125 fuel Pz4 doesn't hard-counter an IS2, nor a Stug or a panther. And so they shouldn't as they're all cheaper. Ofcourse this isn't the case with the jackson. At 125 fuel they easily destroy tigers and Pz4's, and are easily replaceable. It's fine to have this role but its price must be raised to reflect its effectiveness.

Someone here mentioned the jackson costs slightly more than a tiger (because of the tech)? That would be true if the USF didn't have such a huge early game advantage against Ostheer. Map control = more resources.

I will await your reply.
1 Jun 2015, 02:33 AM
Patrion 28

the VI is only hardcountered by the jackson in a vacuum field battle; any kind of pathing shit or tight corners (any forest map) and the VI hardcounters the jackson.

the jackson is cost effective but so is the stug vs medium tanks (not destroyers), the jpiv vs everything, and the jackson vs things with less range than it. the su-85 is very cost effective against mediums (even the V, depending on the situation) and decent against heavies under the right conditions.

the biggest difference between the VI and the jackson is that the jackson has 60 range and good pen. as the VI player, you need to take the jackson out of its ideal situation so that you can kill it off, which happens quickly once a mistake is made.

easily replaceable is a matter of opinion and depends on the situation. i've had games where i could barely afford one jackson and i've had games where i had 3 VIs at once.

more or less resources and a faster or slower tech time does not change costs.
1 Jun 2015, 02:57 AM

If fortified armor had spotting scopes instead of recon....
Hulled down panthers with spotting scopes would be like cheaper invincible elephant tanks that can still chase their targets and use smoke.
1 Jun 2015, 03:38 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Jun 2015, 02:25 AMJason

I brought up the cost-effectiveness of the jackson in comparison to the majority of Ostheers tanks in this thread, specifically the tiger (which is the most expensive.) At 125 fuel it hard-counters a 230 fuel tank. In comparison a 125 fuel Pz4 doesn't hard-counter an IS2, nor a Stug or a panther. And so they shouldn't as they're all cheaper. Ofcourse this isn't the case with the jackson. At 125 fuel they easily destroy tigers and Pz4's, and are easily replaceable. It's fine to have this role but its price must be raised to reflect its effectiveness.

Someone here mentioned the jackson costs slightly more than a tiger (because of the tech)? That would be true if the USF didn't have such a huge early game advantage against Ostheer. Map control = more resources.

I will await your reply.

The 125 fuel Pz4 doesn't hard-counter an IS2 because it also is a good infantry counter. The jackson is completely 1-dimensional. It is going to get completely owned by any kind of AT gun or infantry or off-map strafe because the only thing it can do, at all, is counter tanks. If you are going to increase the cost of the jackson, you need to make it at least halfway decent vs infantry.
1 Jun 2015, 04:04 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Jun 2015, 02:25 AMJason

I will await your reply.
This is one of the worst arguments I have ever seen. It is completely based off the completely wrong assumption that no tank should beat another tank that is more expensive then it.

This is a complete disregard of how unit value works. Unit cost is based on the combination of all a units stats, not just their ability to destroy another tank.

The reason a tiger is so expensive is that it has a large amount of endurance, anti-infantry, and anti-tank power. It is good vs all targets as well as being hard to kill, and it pays for that effectiveness in it's price.

The jackson on the other hand puts almost the entirety of it's stats into only speed and AT power. Even it's health and armor are lower then most vehicles of it's tier. It's only role is in destroying tanks and it's cost reflects this limited role.

So while you are paying more for the Tiger, you are still functionally paying for less AT power then a you would if you were purchasing a tank destroyer like the Jackson.

1 Jun 2015, 06:52 AM
Patrion 28

T
So while you are paying more for the Tiger, you are still functionally paying for less AT power then a you would if you were purchasing a tank destroyer like the Jackson.

rough example being elefant/jagd VI
1 Jun 2015, 07:21 AM

The jackson on the other hand puts almost the entirety of it's stats into only speed and AT power. Even it's health and armor are lower then most vehicles of it's tier. It's only role is in destroying tanks and it's cost reflects this limited role.

I still think its a bit cheap (125 fuel) for it to be able to destroy Ostheers' best tanks. Furthermore I understand the tiger has more survivability, but its role can be fulfilled by the Pz4 or even Stug. Maybe you're right and the problem lies in the Tiger not Jackson..

Thanks for the reply.
1 Jun 2015, 07:47 AM

@Jason its not. Its top tier USF tank destroyer, its supposed to effectively fight heaviest axis armor, because if it won't, then nothing will, there is nothing above it. It performs fine for a glass cannon it is.
PAGES (10)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS