Login

russian armor

Cooldown bulletins- how good are they?

16 May 2015, 11:24 AM

Did the math.

Notes:
-I expect the Reload bulletins affecting Reload duration and not Reload frequency.
-I made the calculations based on the Gren Kar at mid range. Cooldown modifiers are better at longer range than at close range

+3 Accuracy: increases damage by 3%
5% cooldown: increases damage by 1.21%
3% Reload: ... by 0.27%
2% Reload + 2% Cooldown: ... by 0.66%

Basically using all 3 bulletins gives you a 5% increase damage.

There is another factor :
The enemysquad loses 1 member a bit earlier, result of this is a dpsec. decrease of 15%-25% for this squad.

nee
17 May 2015, 07:08 AM

None of the bulletins bring anything above like 5% to cooldowns, the highest is 10% and that's only for building units.
You'd have to both stack bulletins that offer the same benefit, AND really focus on the units they affect to really make "super" units out of them. This naturally limits the most useful units to simple T0 ones like grenadiers or conscripts, you know the ones you will always be needing throughout a game.
You can of course try to stack bulletins for units like Tigers, but then their benefit only really comes out when you have a tiger called in.
17 May 2015, 10:35 AM

i once trolled around with 2x reduced barrage cooldown for the mortart + better accuracy for mortar.

the curse of all maxim spammers
17 May 2015, 10:53 AM
Patrion 28

unless it's been fixed in the last couple of months the mortar accuracy bulletins increase the accuracy.
17 May 2015, 12:19 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 May 2015, 07:08 AMnee
None of the bulletins bring anything above like 5% to cooldowns, the highest is 10% and that's only for building units.
You'd have to both stack bulletins that offer the same benefit, AND really focus on the units they affect to really make "super" units out of them. This naturally limits the most useful units to simple T0 ones like grenadiers or conscripts, you know the ones you will always be needing throughout a game.
You can of course try to stack bulletins for units like Tigers, but then their benefit only really comes out when you have a tiger called in.

There are bulletins for experience for riflemen, it's 10% for bulletin so a total of 30% increased xp, same bulletins exsist for the tiger and IS-2,those are very good, esp the usf ones, I wish I had them.
17 May 2015, 12:50 PM

+ 30% vet gain on your mainline infantry is huge. Considering that an US players army early on consists of one RE and only rifles, this can be a game breaking advantage. On average you have vet2 on your infantry way before the other player does.
30 Sep 2015, 01:16 AM

Incidentally, I believe reload bulletins have more of an effect than cooldown bulletins due to reload times are usually greater than cooldown for most weapons.

It's the difference of a few percentage points off a 3 second reload versus off a 1 second cooldown.

A small difference, but if you're min/maxing the spreadsheet it can be meaningful.

True but for Kar98 for instance the shooter has to cool down 4x for every 1 reload since it's a 5 round magazine. So even a 3% reduction of say 1 second per cool down x4 cool downs is better than a 5% reduction per reload x1 reload. Or am I seeing this incorrectly?
30 Sep 2015, 01:53 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

True but for Kar98 for instance the shooter has to cool down 4x for every 1 reload since it's a 5 round magazine. So even a 3% reduction of say 1 second per cool down x4 cool downs is better than a 5% reduction per reload x1 reload. Or am I seeing this incorrectly?

Well, there's also the consideration of the "aim" times and windup (don't think small arms have this stat though)/winddown times of the weapons competing with what the shooter does when not firing in addition to their cooldown, while reload will simply reduce reload time straight up.
30 Sep 2015, 16:14 PM

3 stacked Jaws of Death (crocodile moves 5% faster) bulletins + Hammer tactics War Speed is pure lol.
30 Sep 2015, 16:47 PM

the best OKW bulletins are triple "-10% jagdtiger dispatch" ability recharge time
1 Oct 2015, 01:06 AM

Did the math.

Notes:
-I expect the Reload bulletins affecting Reload duration and not Reload frequency.
-I made the calculations based on the Gren Kar at mid range. Cooldown modifiers are better at longer range than at close range

+3 Accuracy: increases damage by 3%
5% cooldown: increases damage by 1.21%
3% Reload: ... by 0.27%
2% Reload + 2% Cooldown: ... by 0.66%

Basically using all 3 bulletins gives you a 5% increase damage.

I tested with con's and it seemed like reload with cons was slightly better than cooldown. Did you also crunch the numbers for cons? I tested by attack-moving blobs into each other, and every time that a test was flawed (like models from one squad finding nearby cover), the flaw in the test overwhelmed the difference in the bulletins.

My favorite bulletins are the 3% JT penetration bulletin, and the 1% accuracy and 2% cooldown RE bulletin, for equal and opposite reasons.
1 Oct 2015, 01:41 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Oct 2015, 01:06 AMGrumpy

I tested with con's and it seemed like reload with cons was slightly better than cooldown. Did you also crunch the numbers for cons? I tested by attack-moving blobs into each other, and every time that a test was flawed (like models from one squad finding nearby cover), the flaw in the test overwhelmed the difference in the bulletins.

My favorite bulletins are the 3% JT penetration bulletin, and the 1% accuracy and 2% cooldown RE bulletin, for equal and opposite reasons.

I made that test by manually calculating the DPS with each bulletin. Reload has the least priority on the formula to calculate DPS, so that's why it's effect are less notorious.
1 Oct 2015, 13:03 PM

Do you know if the tiger bulletin for 5% increased sight stacks? It also makes turret turning better. I put the 3 of them on a loadout, but played only once, didn't notice much.
1 Oct 2015, 13:37 PM

Cooldown is better than reload especially on rifle. Rifle weapon often has to fire all of its shots before reload occur.

So even reload has better reduction amount, fire rapidly is still better to finish retreating unit, or to reduce enemy entity number before reload occurs.

However, on MG, it's vice-versa. MG using burst, which cooldown affect less effectively. Reload time reduction is better because you-know-why.

So, in conclusion:
Use cooldown on weapon that fire single shot (Rifle, AT Rifle).
Use reload on weapon that fire burst (SMG, HMG).
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS