Login

russian armor

Stug E and Target Weak Point

4 May 2015, 08:09 AM

It comes at 6.

Okay, I unfurtunately don't own said commander and was too lazy to look in the Commander Database :snfPeter:

Then maybe considering buffing it a little bit while increasing it's costs for about 50% could be an idea.
Also move it to 7-8 CP. Atm you can simply get out a StuG E without making your Tiger come later.
4 May 2015, 08:57 AM

I really dont see the problem here

stug e doesnt need a nerf
4 May 2015, 09:55 AM

Yeah if you counter it correctly, its ok. It just hard counters pure Allied inf spam, so if they dont adapt when it appears, they are doomed.

Rushing a medium out to kill it, might seem ok, but its risky, because they WILL have paks, and TWP can gimp you and if you lose that fast T34, or sherman, game over.

Much much safer to respond with ZiS or 57mm, which can totally force the Stug E back, and more often than not finish it off really quickly.
4 May 2015, 12:01 PM

Yeah if you counter it correctly, its ok. It just hard counters pure Allied inf spam, so if they dont adapt when it appears, they are doomed.

Rushing a medium out to kill it, might seem ok, but its risky, because they WILL have paks, and TWP can gimp you and if you lose that fast T34, or sherman, game over.

Much much safer to respond with ZiS or 57mm, which can totally force the Stug E back, and more often than not finish it off really quickly.

Its a good thing that the Stug E's AI is so powerful it can (with luck) take on AT guns on its own. I have had the bad luck of getting a freshly spawned Zis gun on Angoville which perfectly hit the field when a Stug E was chasing retreating infantry. It killed my AT gun :foreveralone:
4 May 2015, 13:14 PM

Its a good thing that the Stug E's AI is so powerful it can (with luck) take on AT guns on its own. I have had the bad luck of getting a freshly spawned Zis gun on Angoville which perfectly hit the field when a Stug E was chasing retreating infantry. It killed my AT gun :foreveralone:

Well as you said, you were unlucky. A turret-less tank which has small HP pool needs the RNGesus's blessing to wipe an ATG frontally.
4 May 2015, 13:25 PM

Pretty much any decent player that plays 1v1 agrees that the STUG E is brokenly OP.

Now, you could nerf the rate of fire or accuracy of the thing, but my preffered way would be to change its fire mode to arced fire like that of the brumbaar/bulldozer. While giving it the bunker busting barrage of the brumbaar at vet 1.

It might still need a nerf after such changes, but we will see
4 May 2015, 13:47 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post4 May 2015, 13:25 PMBurts
Pretty much any decent player that plays 1v1 agrees that the STUG E is brokenly OP.

Now, you could nerf the rate of fire or accuracy of the thing, but my preffered way would be to change its fire mode to arced fire like that of the brumbaar/bulldozer. While giving it the bunker busting barrage of the brumbaar at vet 1.

It might still need a nerf after such changes, but we will see

+100000000000000000000000000000000. If i at least have time to dodge the shell at distance that would be grand!! Change SU76 auto fire to the same thing.

4 May 2015, 14:18 PM

+100000000000000000000000000000000. If i at least have time to dodge the shell at distance that would be grand!! Change SU76 auto fire to the same thing.

But don't change the AoE profile, right? SU-76 is tier locked and the same price but we do need to promote that call in meta even more :megusta:

Oh Su-76... you're the worst.
4 May 2015, 14:20 PM

Give it secure territory. It's so good all the soviet tanks have it. SO GOOD.

:clap: :clap: :clap:
4 May 2015, 14:32 PM

Giving the StuG Ausf E the shooting profile of the Scott would make squad wipes more common, since the StuG's biggest weakness is the inability to shoot over elevation and obstacles.
4 May 2015, 14:39 PM

It should have self-destruct at vet-1 taking its user with it.
4 May 2015, 15:59 PM

So far I haven't had a single problem with it, and usually, even at pro level, they have difficulty dealing with it because they go full retard with con-spam into call ins or rifle spam into m20 into major, so they get hard countered by the only decent light tank that ost has and they put 0 effort in trying to counter it.

So in other words they give it like a 5-10 min opening to cause damage while beign uncountered of course it will eventually wipe something while being uncontested, I always have a zis or another hard AT ready at hand not just AT nades and it never gave me any trouble.
4 May 2015, 17:59 PM

So far I haven't had a single problem with it, and usually, even at pro level, they have difficulty dealing with it because they go full retard with con-spam into call ins or rifle spam into m20 into major, so they get hard countered by the only decent light tank that ost has and they put 0 effort in trying to counter it.

So in other words they give it like a 5-10 min opening to cause damage while beign uncountered of course it will eventually wipe something while being uncontested, I always have a zis or another hard AT ready at hand not just AT nades and it never gave me any trouble.

Thats cute, go watch SCC or SCK, or recent replays with Ciez. these high level players dont go brain dead. Maybe your opponents did if you so effortlessly counter it with one Zis.

As for the "rifle spam" into M20, its the most reliable way to keep an edge over the Ostheer because captain tier is pretty lack luster in terms of field presence.

You seem to have a very narrow view.....
4 May 2015, 18:24 PM

Thats cute, go watch SCC or SCK, or recent replays with Ciez. these high level players dont go brain dead. Maybe your opponents did if you so effortlessly counter it with one Zis.

As for the "rifle spam" into M20, its the most reliable way to keep an edge over the Ostheer because captain tier is pretty lack luster in terms of field presence.

You seem to have a very narrow view.....

I watched those games and everyone who went with allies played in a braindead way, not that I also don't do that btw, that's how easy they are to play, particulary there was a nice game where the substitute of paula just spammed 2 units (and Im not joking, it was just cons and t34s) the whole game and only lost because he didn't get a single zis.

Also 1 well played AT gun will easily force the stug E to back off after 1 shot, maybe 2, 2 AT guns will cover most of the hot spots and force the stug E to back off and not simply free fire on all your units for a long enough period of time to get multiple squad wipes, of course then it's still very RNG and map dependant, and not, my view is not narrow at all, I've been playing all 4 factions as they are supposed to be played, and I can quite confidently say that you can play allies like a retard the whole game and still come out on top easily, especially soviets while a single mistake can completely screw ost over and 1 bad tier placement can close the game for okw, that's why I don't see the Stug-E to be a real problem, your opponent doesn't need to kill it instatly, he just needs to stop it from having a big window of free fire on your units, 1 or multiple shermans or t34/85s will soon arrive past that.

So please, before calling others narrow minded try to understand the basics of the game you are playing.
4 May 2015, 18:36 PM

I watched those games and everyone who went with allies played in a braindead way, not that I also don't do that btw, that's how easy they are to play, particulary there was a nice game where the substitute of paula just spammed 2 units (and Im not joking, it was just cons and t34s) the whole game and only lost because he didn't get a single zis.

Also 1 well played AT gun will easily force the stug E to back off after 1 shot, maybe 2, 2 AT guns will cover most of the hot spots and force the stug E to back off and not simply free fire on all your units for a long enough period of time to get multiple squad wipes, of course then it's still very RNG and map dependant, and not, my view is not narrow at all, I've been playing all 4 factions as they are supposed to be played, and I can quite confidently say that you can play allies like a retard the whole game and still come out on top easily, especially soviets while a single mistake can completely screw ost over and 1 bad tier placement can close the game for okw, that's why I don't see the Stug-E to be a real problem, your opponent doesn't need to kill it instatly, he just needs to stop it from having a big window of free fire on your units, 1 or multiple shermans or t34/85s will soon arrive past that.

So please, before calling others narrow minded try to understand the basics of the game you are playing.

1 Zis can force back a stug E if its in the right spot at the right time all game otherwise smart players can keep it alive with its quite frankly amazing dps and and wiping with the new cover rework.

you make it sound like the stug E (or any early vehicle for that matter) are completely nullified the second you have an AT gun. While against other narrow minded players who drive strait up the middle at all times (classic blob from forward retreat point mentality) their Stug E gets driven back all the time because the Zis never really has to move.

Lets say the stug E comes out and you have an AT gun, he might run into it, but also he might know where it is and can use it to counter harrass on the other side of the map. Even from the front infantry can screen for it unless you are hiding behind the Zis which of course it'll get wiped.

I would like to see replays of you effortlessly keeping the Stug E from doing great things, it would sure do you more credit and be highly informative to the top 10 players
4 May 2015, 18:50 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

When I played USF during these tournament games I tried to not play like a "retard brain dead nfantry spammer" by Getting a captain,Stuart,AT guns,you name it against STUG E on top of an LT.

it didn't matter at all. Infact looking back I think I threw the games by going captain.

The captain tier and 57mil are liabilities in high level play. You're forced to do this brain dead major Sherman rush or M10s because nothing else stands up to the stooge.

Soviets I'd say should have 0 problems VS STUG E if they simply tech T2 and AT Nades,on top of their conspam
4 May 2015, 18:52 PM

1 Zis can force back a stug E if its in the right spot at the right time all game otherwise smart players can keep it alive with its quite frankly amazing dps and and wiping with the new cover rework.

Can you please read my post again, where are you keeping your at guns? sleeping in base? if you know there's a light vehicle going around you'll keep your AT guns near the majority of your units over where major engagments are about to happen, sure the stug-E could be somewhere else harassing, but since it can't cap you don't lose map control from it, and the ost can't really win engagments at that stage of the game without using it so it that's the case it's a victory for you.

you make it sound like the stug E (or any early vehicle for that matter) are completely nullified the second you have an AT gun. While against other narrow minded players who drive strait up the middle at all times (classic blob from forward retreat point mentality) their Stug E gets driven back all the time because the Zis never really has to move.

Yeah, I guess AT guns aren't an hard counter to vehicle especially light vehicle right? I suppose we should stop making AT guns because they do absolutely nothing to stop vehicles from destroying your infantry right?

Seriouly please, an AT gun can't chase and kill a vehicle, especially a light one, this is absolutely true (although there cases where it can) but it's also the best deterrent in game to ALL vehicles, with the exception of heavy tanks, in which case though, multiple AT guns will still do their job flawlessy, that said, the stug-E isn't a T70 or a vehicle with a turrent, it can't strafe kite an AT gun so yes, the Stug-e effectivness is highly diminished by an effective usage of AT gun(s), like I said, you should always have 1 covering your major engagments;

2 at a 6cp stage of the game should be enough to cover all the map unless you are splitting your troops in more than 3 groups (where a group is rappresented by 3 inf units capping different sectors of a zone and a zone is defined by north/center/south).

Lets say the stug E comes out and you have an AT gun, he might run into it, but also he might know where it is and can use it to counter harrass on the other side of the map. Even from the front infantry can screen for it unless you are hiding behind the Zis which of course it'll get wiped.

I would like to see replays of you effortlessly keeping the Stug E from doing great things, it would sure do you more credit and be highly informative to the top 10 players

See above, I'll try to get some replays if I get any good game, but usually my games as allies end in less than 20 minutes since that if you play propely with allies you can't lose.
4 May 2015, 18:57 PM

When I played USF during these tournament games I tried to not play like a "retard brain dead nfantry spammer" by Getting a captain,Stuart,AT guns,you name it against STUG E on top of an LT.

it didn't matter at all. Infact looking back I think I threw the games by going captain.

The captain tier and 57mil are liabilities in high level play. You're forced to do this brain dead major Sherman rush or M10s because nothing else stands up to the stooge.

Soviets I'd say should have 0 problems VS STUG E if they simply tech T2 and AT Nades,on top of their conspam

Could not disagree more. Lt/Cpt builds to call-ins work like a charm with Armour or Rifle company, as does ie. Cpt into Major with Inf. I rarely go for a Stuart as I think it delays Major tech/call-ins for too long and is generally cost-inefficient, but 57 and Pak Howitzer are very viable units and give you staying/attrition power that you otherwise do not get.
4 May 2015, 19:01 PM

I agree that the USF AT gun isn't good even against P4s, but it's enough to deal with a stug, not that it matters, I usually get shermans out fast enough that unless I was extremely unlucky the stug will have wiped 1 squad maximum.

Beside remember that it's avaible in the airborne doctrine, and that doctrine is an excellent choice against mech assault, with paras being great in every situation and p-47s for a tiger if the ost managed to survive long enough, honestly while rifle company is OP early game it remains a yolo doc in which you need in the first 20-30 min of the game, I've been distancing myself from it in favour of airborne and infantry company which provide better support though all the game still the end.
4 May 2015, 19:10 PM

Can you please read my post again, where are you keeping your at guns? sleeping in base? if you know there's a light vehicle going around you'll keep your AT guns near the majority of your units over where major engagments are about to happen, sure the stug-E could be somewhere else harassing, but since it can't cap you don't lose map control from it, and the ost can't really win engagments at that stage of the game without using it so it that's the case it's a victory for you.

Yeah, I guess AT guns aren't an hard counter to vehicle especially light vehicle right? I suppose we should stop making AT guns because they do absolutely nothing to stop vehicles from destroying your infantry right?

Seriouly please, an AT gun can't chase and kill a vehicle, especially a light one, this is absolutely true (although there cases where it can) but it's also the best deterrent in game to ALL vehicles, with the exception of heavy tanks, in which case though, multiple AT guns will still do their job flawlessy, that said, the stug-E isn't a T70 or a vehicle with a turrent, it can't stafe kite an AT gun so yes, the Stug-e effectivness is highly diminished by an effective usage of AT gun(s), like I said, you should always have 1 covering your major engagments, 2 at a 6cp stage of the game should be enough to cover all the map unless you aren't splitting your troops in more than 3 groups (where a group is rappresented by 3 inf units capping different sectors of a zone and a zone is defined by north/center/south).

See above, I'll try to get some replays if I get any good game, but usually my games as allies end in less than 20 minutes since that if you play propely with allies you can't lose.

Yes it can deter, and if its in the right spot. YOu do realize at 6cp is when the Ostheer players hit critical mass of lmg grens and can now cost effectively trade with rifles and wipe the floor with anything else that isnt a shock or Guards squad. At this mid stage of the game is when the tables turn on the Allies and is why so many people even at the high level die to a double stug E base rape. A pivotal moment in the game pushed way over the edge by double stug E's, and just having a single one really puts the allies player on the back foot.

The stug E is an assault gun, but by having two Zis on the field you have dumped quite a bit into just detering it which means your position can get overrun. This is when the Stug E plays clean up or counter harrass devestating any units no longer covered by the AT gun. My point above was that an AT gun is not the end all which means the Stug E can easily continue reaping the manpower bleed unless they throw it away carelessly. The dual nature of its vet ability keeps it in game even longer even when other thanks are out.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★