Login

russian armor

Should OKW get a heavy artillery piece?

PAGES (7)down
1 May 2015, 03:29 AM
1 May 2015, 07:15 AM

A doctrinal howie for OKW would be very nice. But I would suggest a static version rather than the Hummel, otherwise the fuel cost would make players just ignore it because they need panthers.
1 May 2015, 07:20 AM

A doctrinal howie for OKW would be very nice. But I would suggest a static version rather than the Hummel, otherwise the fuel cost would make players just ignore it because they need panthers.

A static 88 artillery piece would be very nice.
1 May 2015, 07:39 AM

I don't know, depends on the implementation. If it is a stationary artillery piece like the 10.5cm artillery from Wehrmacht or the Soviet ones, they should probably save their time. Those (even the B4 after nerf) see hardly any use right now because they are expensive, vulnerable and often limited firepower.

If it is a mobile artillery piece it will overlap with the Stuka unless it has a different kind of fire pattern (not the straight line pattern, but some bigger area pattern) and / or is good against vehicles. Here it would be difficult to walk the line between having an overpowered or pointless unit in the end.
1 May 2015, 09:18 AM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post30 Apr 2015, 21:10 PMWygrif
Definitely not. They're already packing some pretty serious turtle power with the medic and flack truck. Giving them heavy arty would mean that you could be successful while barely leaving your base. Besides, history counts for something here, and German Arty was far inferior to its American counterpart in the Ardennes.

In regards to heavy arty for OKW, NO..

In regards to your 'historic' claim:

Never heard of the hummel, nebelwerfers,or the schwere gustav, the multiple railway guns and their other heavy mortars?

in regards to the nebelwerfers, where do you think the term firestorm came from?

And if history counts here? Hmm let us have 5 t34s to every panther for the same amount of fuel, let us have soviet artillery spam (just the way the soviets liked it), let us have the IS2 mod 1944 one shot tigers, panthers and kingtigers with ease, let us have only one 76mm long barreled sherman with every 3 to 4 other short barrel shermans and the list goes on...

:)
1 May 2015, 09:42 AM

After all 3 trucks are up: buildable 105mm arty piece.
1 May 2015, 09:54 AM

After all 3 trucks are up: buildable 105mm arty piece.
Why should they get a non doctrinal heavy arty when no other faction has one?
1 May 2015, 09:57 AM

Why should they get a non doctrinal heavy arty when no other faction has one?

On top of fastest and cheapest teching.
1 May 2015, 09:58 AM
Donator 11

i votes yes, but only because the need a blob counter. if they would get the goliath, i would vote no.
1 May 2015, 10:44 AM

And what about S Tiger? The Nuke machine, built on the chasis of a Tiger and only needs to get within striking range for a second, then pull back to safety of flak HQ, rakkettens in buildings and shrek blob.

Cos other factions have anything remotley similar to this...
1 May 2015, 10:55 AM

And what about S Tiger? The Nuke machine, built on the chasis of a Tiger and only needs to get within striking range for a second, then pull back to safety of flak HQ, rakkettens in buildings and shrek blob.

Too much micro is demanded to hit. It's not Delete-button which people want :foreveralone:
1 May 2015, 11:22 AM

Too much micro is demanded to hit. It's not Delete-button which people want :foreveralone:

The damn thing doesn't even shoot where you target at half the time for me, for no apparent reason. This makes it unuseable for me.
1 May 2015, 11:30 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 May 2015, 11:22 AMgokkel

The damn thing doesn't even shoot where you target at half the time for me, for no apparent reason. This makes it unuseable for me.

Well, I find it just hard to use, cause it's easy to avoid, which leads to intensive planning and microing to shoot at something bigger than one maxim. Still it can be used as a scarecrow :foreveralone: But what makes it unusuable is dissapearing rocket bug just before hit :lol:
1 May 2015, 11:37 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 May 2015, 11:22 AMgokkel

And this is different to coh2 howitzers because? :P
1 May 2015, 11:53 AM

And this is different to coh2 howitzers because? :P

It isn't, but the thing is the Sturmtiger is supposed to shoot where you aim at. Sometimes I aim at max range and the shell drops just in front of my Sturmtiger. It didn't do that in the past.

Well, I find it just hard to use, cause it's easy to avoid, which leads to intensive planning and microing to shoot at something bigger than one maxim. Still it can be used as a scarecrow :foreveralone: But what makes it unusuable is dissapearing rocket bug just before hit :lol:

Yes you have some funny situations where you cannot hit the enemy because he keeps moving away, but just your presence has an impact because he is scared all the time. Still, I build it to eventually try to hit something. If my shell then doesn't go as aimed and I lose the perfect shot to a bug I just never want to build this unit anymore. Or it is hitting some kind of obstacles although when they nerfed the Sturmtiger range they said that it will be able to shoot through everything now.
1 May 2015, 12:25 PM
Donator 22

I vote yes. Why not :) A doctrinal hummel or something like that
1 May 2015, 13:46 PM

I dont think OKW actually needs arty. I would rather spend my man power on armor or elite infantry, both will get the job done. OKW has call in arty for muni and I think this is good enough, besides arty meta is dead right now.
1 May 2015, 14:48 PM

Ive said it before and I'll say it again, Axis factions in general are designed to have weaker indirect fire than the allies, but stronger armoured units to get things done brute force.

OKW in particular excell in a tight, focused area.. but struggle to have impact the further from their trucks they get. Super long range arty kinda goes against that and would give them a crutch in one of their weaknesses.
1 May 2015, 14:55 PM

Ive said it before and I'll say it again, Axis factions in general are designed to have weaker indirect fire than the allies, but stronger armoured units to get things done brute force.

OKW in particular excell in a tight, focused area.. but struggle to have impact the further from their trucks they get. Super long range arty kinda goes against that and would give them a crutch in one of their weaknesses.

[Citation Needed]
1 May 2015, 16:23 PM

Not really, the only Axis howitzer sucks because it was nerfed into the ground. It originally was quite good.

All factions should have the same tools open to them, USF not getting heavy tanks is dumb, OKW not having artillery or mediums is dumb, Soviets having crap stock units is dumb.

Factions shouldn't have abitrary weakness's players can do nothing about, because it means the game becomes a match of rock paper scissors with one faction always beating another but being beat by a separate faction; which isn't fun.

I dont think OKW actually needs arty. I would rather spend my man power on armor or elite infantry, both will get the job done. OKW has call in arty for muni and I think this is good enough, besides arty meta is dead right now.

Not with the fuel penalty.

Are you seriously implying the Sturmtiger is an artillery piece? I'm pretty much the only one who uses it because it's probably one of if not the hardest unit to micro in the game.
PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS