Login

russian armor

Should OKW get a heavy artillery piece?

PAGES (7)down
3 Jun 2015, 06:57 AM

Well, bunker spam certainly isn't a reason for it.
3 Jun 2015, 07:30 AM

Being shoe horned into a single play style is uh, bad and I don't think it should be the end goal.

All factions should be equally capable in all roles, but simply in different ways.
3 Jun 2015, 07:58 AM

C&C Generals + addons had an interesting concept with the Commander adding/disabling units in your core army. It gives a different flavor to each game.
But it doesn't change the fact terrorists guys (didn't even remember the name of the faction) didn't had heavy tanks or air capabilities.

So as far as I can think, a interesting design move would be a trade-off arty for another piece of OKW arsenal, disabling Panthers or the KT for instance. But that could lead into a nightmare to balance. OKW is a faction lacking of arty like USF is a faction lacking of heavies. And you should bear with it. If you want to play arty, play another faction.
3 Jun 2015, 08:03 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Jun 2015, 07:58 AMEsxile

So as far as I can think, a interesting design move would be a trade-off arty for another piece of OKW arsenal, disabling Panthers or the KT for instance. But that could lead into a nightmare to balance. OKW is a faction lacking of arty like USF is a faction lacking of heavies. And you should bear with it. If you want to play arty, play another faction.

Except there is nothing in the rules books that says "No Heavy for USF".

This is a common thought trap people get them selves into, just because a faction doesn't have something doesn't mean that faction can't be allowed to have it. But considering you have all of exactly 3 games as OKW I'm not very surprised you think it would be a nightmare to balance.

3 Jun 2015, 08:12 AM

This is a common thought trap people get them selves into, just because a faction doesn't have something doesn't mean that faction can't be allowed to have it. But considering you have all of exactly 3 games as OKW I'm not very surprised you think it would be a nightmare to balance.

3 Jun 2015, 08:13 AM

You mean except of what devs are saying since WFA alpha, which means nothing except intended design is on the way?

This is a common thought trap people get them selves into, just because a faction doesn't have something doesn't mean that faction can't be allowed to have it.

Nothing against soviet stock upgrades/panther like tank, USF heavy tanks, OKW arty or normal resource rates, Ost light tanks and stock upgrades being made into doctrinal or side upgrades.

That still doesn't mean it will happen.

Just because something isn't strictly forbidden doesn't translate to "OMG X CONFIRMED".

OKW have no on map arty, because they are designed not to have it.
Same with USF heavies.
Same with Sov upgrades.
Same with Ost light tanks.

Not all armies are supposed to have everything.
Not hard concept.

But as you've said, armies should be able to do similar stuff differently.
OKW heavy arty is non doctrinal Stuka. You can deny it, doesn't change the fact that its equally strong as LE.f.h or ML-20 or Priest, except much more precise and non doctrinal, so you're striped from that argument as well.
3 Jun 2015, 08:26 AM

Except you know that's not true. We just can't talk about it.

The LefH and ML-20 are mediocre garbage, and both fulfill fundamentally different rolls than a Stuka Zu Fuss does. The Stuka Zu Fuss is an assault weapon, it's meant ONLY to soften up any fortified positions and stop support weapon spam, it's not an area denial weapon because it lacks a constant barrage over an area.

Every time someone has said "nuh uh but Relic will never..." they have always been wrong.

Esxile's meme pic

The real face palm is paying for WFA and then never playing one of the faction's don't you think?

EDIT: I don't think people understand how long "never" is, and that peoples minds can change over time. People for a long time said lots of things would never get nerfed, buffed or changed, but the NDA friends know what I'm talking about.
3 Jun 2015, 08:37 AM

No thanks. They aren't Panzerelite. Hummel etc. is not what the OKW's theme is there for. It would bug me.

OKW are the crazy high-tech late-war dudes with infrared stuff, Panzerschrecks on wheels(aka Raketenwerfer), experimental Sturmtigers etc. They have a clear and defined theme and the 'traditional' Hummel doesn't belong there IMO.
Panzerlelite was more of a ''let's put in everything we didn't do yet'' approach, they didn't even have MGs or anything (not even doctrinal).

That being said, I wouldn't have anything against a medium tank. Maybe a Panzer IV with skirts by default? Don't ask me how I got that idea... hehe ;)
3 Jun 2015, 08:45 AM

Except you know that's not true. We just can't talk about it.

The LefH and ML-20 are mediocre garbage, and both fulfill fundamentally different rolls than a Stuka Zu Fuss does. The Stuka Zu Fuss is an assault weapon, it's meant ONLY to soften up any fortified positions and stop support weapon spam, it's not an area denial weapon because it lacks a constant barrage over an area.

Every time someone has said "nuh uh by Relic will never..." they have always been wrong.

The real face palm is paying for WFA and then never playing one of the faction's don't you think?

No, I play what I like and OKW gameplay isn't something I enjoy to control, but it doesn't mean I want heavies/stock elite troops for USF to rulezzz the game like you do.

That the fundamental difference between you - and specifically you - and the rest of the community here. The community wants a more balanced in the game between factions when you only want more power for your faction. You can claim this only for the sake of diversity you want that stuff, but honestly after 2740 messages you are not fooling anybody anymore around here.

Dont get this wrong, of course there are other people here asking for incredibly unbalanced stuff because they are angry with their recent lose. But you are the only one that always comes here to support them if they are asking something in favor of Axis, with false stats, false numbers and false statements in a way to prove that 1+1=3 and so it is right to claim this change.
3 Jun 2015, 08:54 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Jun 2015, 08:45 AMEsxile

Iv been wrong before, and yeah I did fanboy for a while when I first started posting but generally lately Iv tried to really tone things down a lot due to switching to more competitive game modes like 2v2.

With that said; calm down.

EDIT: Like seriously TAB may be making it fashionable to stalk me (Impersonating me on teamspeaks and harassing my friends) and harass me but that shit ain't cool.
3 Jun 2015, 13:15 PM

Iv been wrong before, and yeah I did fanboy for a while when I first started posting but generally lately Iv tried to really tone things down a lot due to switching to more competitive game modes like 2v2.

EDIT: Like seriously TAB may be making it fashionable to stalk me (Impersonating me on teamspeaks and harassing my friends) and harass me but that shit ain't cool.

I can't speak for all of TAB, but none of the people that I play with stalk you, or really spend any time thinking about you. The biggest reason that you ever get mentioned is that you post an opinion on nearly every thread and it's normally laughable, like your ML-20 comment above.
3 Jun 2015, 13:18 PM
Donator 33

You were never made unwelcome on the TAB team speak, you stopped loging on.
3 Jun 2015, 13:22 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Jun 2015, 08:37 AMFluffi
No thanks. They aren't Panzerelite. Hummel etc. is not what the OKW's theme is there for. It would bug me.

OKW are the crazy high-tech late-war dudes with infrared stuff, Panzerschrecks on wheels(aka Raketenwerfer), experimental Sturmtigers etc. They have a clear and defined theme and the 'traditional' Hummel doesn't belong there IMO.
Panzerlelite was more of a ''let's put in everything we didn't do yet'' approach, they didn't even have MGs or anything (not even doctrinal).

That being said, I wouldn't have anything against a medium tank. Maybe a Panzer IV with skirts by default? Don't ask me how I got that idea... hehe ;)

The "infrared" halftrack is the biggest annoyance. Anyone who knows anything about IR knows that it doesn't see through stuff. Most IR can't even see through glass. The IR in this game is straight out of the back of a comic book, and so are the PAK 43's where the shell phases out of existence to go through the forest and then phases back in to destroy a tank.
3 Jun 2015, 13:30 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Jun 2015, 13:22 PMGrumpy

The "infrared" halftrack is the biggest annoyance. Anyone who knows anything about IR knows that it doesn't see through stuff. Most IR can't even see through glass. The IR in this game is straight out of the back of a comic book, and so are the PAK 43's where the shell phases out of existence to go through the forest and then phases back in to destroy a tank.

Because its ARCADE rts, not simulator.

Its closer to command & conquer series then MoW.

This functionality allows us to have unique, interesting units without completely breaking immersion.
3 Jun 2015, 13:50 PM

Permanently Banned

its not working. OKW getting an arty piece is simply retarded and everyone knows it. You are the only person asking for this. I have yet to see a thread about USF getting a calliope. why? because they don't need one since they got a preist, and that is doctrinal. OKW has IR halftrack and stuka non-doc, which imo is bullshit OP AS FUCK.

Yet you still have yet to give a valid reason besides "I WANT IT", to justify an arty piece.
3 Jun 2015, 15:34 PM

You were never made unwelcome on the TAB team speak, you stopped loging on.

Your leader declared a hunt on me over a sarcastic post lol.

its not working. OKW getting an arty piece is simply retarded and everyone knows it. You are the only person asking for this. I have yet to see a thread about USF getting a calliope. why? because they don't need one since they got a preist, and that is doctrinal. OKW has IR halftrack and stuka non-doc, which imo is bullshit OP AS FUCK.

Yet you still have yet to give a valid reason besides "I WANT IT", to justify an arty piece.

Just because nobody asked (which isn't true) doesn't mean it isn't going to happen~

Although this "your the only one that asked" meme is really funny because I didn't start the thread and 63 people voted yes on the poll
3 Jun 2015, 18:40 PM

Guess they could, but then you would have to add everything all the other factions are missing (which is fine by me) Seems like Relic is content with their design choices for better or worse either way, which is a real shame if you ask me.
6 Jun 2015, 23:27 PM
Donator 11

I dont think stationary arty fits the OPKW faction design
PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 88
Poland 8

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W