Login

russian armor

UKF alpha test

• This thread is locked
PAGES (10)down
29 Apr 2015, 02:25 AM

Didn't get an invite. I guess the system was based on a first come first served basis. Pretty disappointed though that Relic chose this over inviting the players who have been with the community the longest and actually know how to balance properly.

There's always the next round of testing and the inevitable beta test.
29 Apr 2015, 02:27 AM

Didn't get an invite. I guess the system was based on a first come first served basis. Pretty disappointed though that Relic chose this over inviting the players who have been with the community the longest and actually know how to balance properly.
My problem is I feel too many randoms got in and not enough actual community memebers.
29 Apr 2015, 02:27 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Apr 2015, 02:23 AMOhme

I registered quite late and got in, I don't think it was first come first serve. Quite frankly, I don't think being around the longest qualifies anyone for anything of its own right.

Oh, they must of let me in the hopes of making the thing a bit easier on scrubs when it comes out.
29 Apr 2015, 02:28 AM

I do feel that expert players should be on an "always invite" basis.
29 Apr 2015, 02:28 AM

There's always the next round of testing and the inevitable beta test.

Checked with Cytnhia and she said its doubtful for another wave.
29 Apr 2015, 02:35 AM
Patrion 14

I registered quite late and got in, I don't think it was first come first serve. Quite frankly, I don't think being around the longest qualifies anyone for anything of its own right.

this is blasphemy. ohme took like 6 months break until i finally convinced him to come back to the gaem. and now he is in and im out? world dont make sense no moar.
29 Apr 2015, 02:39 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

I applied super late,like the midnight before the application deadline...

I think they were selected by RNG

29 Apr 2015, 02:42 AM
Donator 11

I think they were selected by RNG

Selected by RNG, and causing a lot of drama.

We certainly got a good explanation here. :D
29 Apr 2015, 02:44 AM
Strategist Badge
Donator 11

But being actually knowledgeable about the game and therefore one the best suited to balancing a new faction should count. I guess in Relic's eyes it doesn't?
29 Apr 2015, 02:44 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Apr 2015, 02:42 AMkamk

Selected by RNG, and causing a lot of drama.

We certainly got a good explanation here. :D

...So that's how they'll be getting their RNG fix if they're going to tone down the plane crashes..
29 Apr 2015, 02:47 AM

Here is my take on it. (Disclaimer: I did not get in) My problem was that the survey for the application had too few options, which meant that many applications ended up the same. Most likely ended up being a random drawing.

1st: To be honest, community members should have had priority. It's pretty easy to identify who is the most active just based on the forums here and on CoH.com. They should have done something like post something on the website here so community members would get first go.

2nd: Less randoms off the block, I would rather have someone actually play the hell out of the alpha (like HelpingHans) instead of the random person maybe playing it for a couple hours and finding out its not for them, its a waste of a slot. Someone that actually goes and provides feedback is preferable (At least I can count on you guys :thumbsup: ).

3rd: This test must be in waves. If they are considering letting casuals into the initial alpha, they need to allow those you actually do care about final product in to provide their feedback at a later date.

4th: If you KNOW the demand to be in it is going to be high, allocate enough resources so for those who want to test get in, or make it open alpha.

5th: For those who didn't get in, do some sort of announcement to make those who didn't make the cut feel included, this Cold War secrecy crap when a new content alpha is going on is BS. This is the kind of NDA garbage that the community has issues with, even more of a problem when a sizable portion of the active community is in the alpha and and equally sizable portion is not. All this did was create drama.
29 Apr 2015, 02:47 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Skilled players locked out, REforever gets in. This alpha is gonna be great.
29 Apr 2015, 02:54 AM

But being actually knowledgeable about the game and therefore one the best suited to balancing a new faction should count. I guess in Relic's eyes it doesn't?

So much self flattery. Maybe you didn't get in because your head wouldn't fit.
29 Apr 2015, 03:08 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

So way too late for this then?
29 Apr 2015, 03:11 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Apr 2015, 03:08 AMVuther
So way too late for this then?

If your talking about the brewing resentment and potential drama, naaa take a seat, enjoy the show. :mellow:
29 Apr 2015, 03:30 AM
Donator 22

I've given up trying to figure out how Relic does much of anything any more. One thing I can state is based on their track record, they don't really give much of a damn about how the community here sees things.

Oh sure they'll say they do, but the evidence is pretty overwhelming to the contrary.

Meanwhile, there are folks who have gotten into EVERY SINGLE BETA/ALPHA while at the same time there are folks like myself who never have gotten into a single one(and I have been with this game since the very beginning in 2006).

I'm beginning to understand why some of the prominent community members here have left. The game is magnificent. The people running the company who made it? Yeah I'm not so sure about them.
29 Apr 2015, 04:04 AM

It was probably based on slots for each of the categories and you picked a category that got filled fast.
29 Apr 2015, 04:15 AM
Patrion 14

I'm in MVGame

NDA!
29 Apr 2015, 04:15 AM
Senior Caster Badge
Donator 22

It was probably based on slots for each of the categories and you picked a category that got filled fast.

WutFace
29 Apr 2015, 04:19 AM

My guess is that it depends on an algorithm that checks your options, that you picked in combination with the game modes you play and your total playtime.

I chose the exact same options and I'm in again.
PAGES (10)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS