Login

russian armor

Relic, you gonna fix 120mm, or not?

PAGES (18)down
24 Apr 2015, 23:58 PM

Alexzandvar has caught you out completely here. "The 120 is a great unit, however its combination of accuracy and AOE damage profile meant it regularly wiped full squads with its first shot. With this change in damage AOE, players will see damage dispersed throughout the squad without killing the squad outright.

http://community.companyofheroes.com/forum/company-of-heroes-2/company-of-heroes-2-general-discussion/67-coh-2-changelog/page5";

Will you respond or just ignore the absolute proof you were dead wrong? If you actually admit your selective blindness, post your playercard while you're at it. Wear your bias proudly, don't hide it.

Not sure what you expected to find but for future reference all player cards can be easily found with google sir

http://www.coh2.org/ladders/playercard/steamid/76561198009261973
25 Apr 2015, 01:01 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Apr 2015, 23:44 PMNeo
MHT counters it just fine.

Which OKW doesn't have and is all of 2 Ostheer doctrine.
25 Apr 2015, 01:18 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Apr 2015, 16:11 PMJadame!
I hate to play against this thing. Random wipes all day everyday.

I can mix spotting scopes on scout cars with Stuka dive bombing to have a high powered artillery that can be dropping almost anywhere.

There's too much ham in the game, bottom line.
25 Apr 2015, 01:24 AM

sounds like precision strike on the 120mm is the biggest problem. its normal barrage is inaccurate as pudding and its rng/cover mechanics thats screwing shit up.

then its simple, nerf damage to 60, keep its accuracy. remove precision strike to a buffed infantry tracking to find new targets of opportunity then increase rate of fire to compensate for the dps loss and reduce its cost to 330mp.

this way, it will never 1 shot a full health squad, kills only damaged models and only potentially able to 1 shot very wounded squads.

this is what all mortars should have been, not lethal on the 1st shot, but a bloody menace to wounded squads, requires multiple hits to kill. if you are taking fire from squads and under mortar fire yet you still stay in the zone, you deserve to lose the squad.

but, other light indirect fire options all have this 1 shot problem, they kill on full hp models on hit. wehr's mortar, both MHT and 81mm does exactly the same, fires faster and rapes squads just as hard. its not just the 120mm.

the only thing i do agree is, precision strike is far too powerful as a counter barrage ability. i love it but i do feel cheap at times for using it.
25 Apr 2015, 01:56 AM

I haven't found it an issue in a long time. I mostly play 2v2 though so it could be due to the larger maps.

25 Apr 2015, 02:02 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Apr 2015, 01:18 AMacosn
I can mix spotting scopes on scout cars with Stuka dive bombing to have a high powered artillery that can be dropping almost anywhere.

And you will do 0 damage with this combo coz every sane player will start to move his forces same second he hear stuka whistle. On the other hand, all you need to do with 120 is to place it in good location and forget about it. Kills and squad wipes pretty much guaranteed.

I am totally ok with harm when it need skill, but when its rng bs form static weapon... well, i hate losing to RNG.
25 Apr 2015, 02:12 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Apr 2015, 02:02 AMJadame!

And you will do 0 damage with this combo coz every sane player will start to move his forces same second he hear stuka whistle. On the other hand, all you need to do with 120 is to place it in good location and forget about it. Kills and squad wipes pretty much guaranteed.

I am totally ok with harm when it need skill, but when its rng bs form static weapon... well, i hate losing to RNG.

Trying to move literally everything isnt always easy, many times the stuka bomb is a mind game and it will hit something not so obvious

Another thing is that weapons with a tear down can easily get hit if they are near the back of your priority for moving units, considering they might have to stat packing up half way through the whistle
25 Apr 2015, 02:26 AM

You seriously want to start arguing how stuka+sc+scopes is equal to 400mp 120?

All mortars op, not just 120, and need to be tuned down, their cost should be reduced to compensate. I had 2v2 games where my double mortar ht scored 150+ kills over course of long match. Games, where my 120 wiped full hp squads in green cover in one shot. Recently I had game where my fresh 120 was killed by 2 direct hits in a row from german stock mortar, and was dead in process of retreat.

Mortars are light artillery, but for reason unknown 120 equal to katy in effectiveness (also, german mortar ht>pwerfer), not to mention it comes way earlier and without need to tech.

Nerf them all, and let RNG god sort them out.
25 Apr 2015, 03:26 AM

Another uncounterable sovishit cheese.PTRS blobs,iwin is-2,iwipe 120mm...relic has destroyed all the fun in the game with their blatant support for soviet lameness.Its not worth it anymore,coz u know OKW will get fixed in a single patch..ostheer won't in a dozen patches..and sovishit cheese will go on and on..took them 2 yrs to fix just sniper cheese....useless.
25 Apr 2015, 03:56 AM

I will say make it decrew when less than 2 men, change the precision strike to something like concentration fire which barrage splat in a small radius or a incendiary round. precision strike is just too good to decrew weapon teams
25 Apr 2015, 05:56 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Apr 2015, 19:19 PMKatitof

They never said it.
Provide a quote.

"The 120 is a great unit, however its combination of accuracy and AOE damage profile meant it regularly wiped full squads with its first shot. With this change in damage AOE, players will see damage dispersed throughout the squad without killing the squad outright."
25 Apr 2015, 05:57 AM

Exactly. So if the damage is dispersed throughout the whole squad, what happens when that squad is not full health? You figure it out.

It wipes out the full health squads now!
25 Apr 2015, 06:40 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Apr 2015, 01:18 AMacosn

Dude for real? Comparing a 2CP 400MP unit with a buttload of muni at 12 CP which takes 10 seconds to drop and literally has a Siren warning?
Yes there are a lot of crying because of 120mm, but contradict them with logical arguments.
25 Apr 2015, 06:41 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Apr 2015, 20:14 PMKatitof

Full health squads have better chance of survival then before, not really sure what you expect of wounded ones.

No, they don't. But they said the change was meant to do so, when it didn't change its full health squad wiping
25 Apr 2015, 06:44 AM

If the enemy unit is already damaged, is it still a one-shot? Something had to wound ir previously.

Even if the enemy squad is full health it still one shots, that's the broken part of it which they mentioned they are gonna fix but they didn't
25 Apr 2015, 06:47 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Apr 2015, 19:19 PMKatitof

They never said it.
Provide a quote.

That dude's poker analogy applies here! :D ;)
25 Apr 2015, 07:23 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Apr 2015, 02:26 AMJadame!
You seriously want to start arguing how stuka+sc+scopes is equal to 400mp 120?

All mortars op, not just 120, and need to be tuned down, their cost should be reduced to compensate. I had 2v2 games where my double mortar ht scored 150+ kills over course of long match. Games, where my 120 wiped full hp squads in green cover in one shot. Recently I had game where my fresh 120 was killed by 2 direct hits in a row from german stock mortar, and was dead in process of retreat.

Mortars are light artillery, but for reason unknown 120 equal to katy in effectiveness (also, german mortar ht>pwerfer), not to mention it comes way earlier and without need to tech.

Nerf them all, and let RNG god sort them out.

wait a sec, what you are discussing! when will u get access to stuka dive?!! 12 Cp?! and when will you get access to 120? 2 Cp?
PAGES (18)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS