Login

russian armor

Relic, you gonna fix 120mm, or not?

PAGES (18)down
24 Apr 2015, 19:21 PM
Patrion 28

2-3 wipes during entire game dont make unit wipe machine. \

if those come from a single unit type and the opposing player isn't making huge mistakes i would consider the unit to be a very good squad wiper.
24 Apr 2015, 19:21 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Apr 2015, 19:19 PMKatitof

They never said it.
Provide a quote.

The 120 is a great unit, however its combination of accuracy and AOE damage profile meant it regularly wiped full squads with its first shot. With this change in damage AOE, players will see damage dispersed throughout the squad without killing the squad outright.

http://community.companyofheroes.com/forum/company-of-heroes-2/company-of-heroes-2-general-discussion/67-coh-2-changelog/page5
24 Apr 2015, 19:23 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Apr 2015, 19:04 PMAladdin

I pondered twice on this sentence, but couldn't get that!

Really? o_O Let me assist:

CoH2 is much like a poker game: everybody thinks they are better at playing it [Poker], than they actually are.
24 Apr 2015, 19:43 PM

http://community.companyofheroes.com/forum/company-of-heroes-2/company-of-heroes-2-general-discussion/67-coh-2-changelog/page5

Exactly. So if the damage is dispersed throughout the whole squad, what happens when that squad is not full health? You figure it out.

Really? o_O Let me assist:

CoH2 is much like a poker game: everybody thinks they are better at playing it [Poker], than they actually are.

Thanks for the explanation assist MB, much obliged. To expand upon that however, when you ask players if they play poker and they respond positively, and you then ask them how good they are, you will very rarely hear anyone give an honest appraisal about their particular skill level.

It's all to do with psychology, and there have actually been studies conducted on it. In this respect, CoH players fall into very much the same pool as poker players. I should imagine the same degree of psychology could be applied to coh players, given that the strategy and luck involved in both games is not as different as it first might appear.

Read any psycho analytical study on poker players, and you could probably apply those same criteria on coh players. Right down to tells and such, I should imagine. I expect the best players of coh, already sub consciously recognise 'tells' in players of lower skill than themselves, and can give an educated guess at what those particular players have in their 'hand' (what they have done, currently doing, thus what they are going to do in the future). Ever been in a game, when someone has countered you before you have even shown your unit, and has constantly had the jump on you with unit positioning? It's most likely not luck, but they've read you like a book).
24 Apr 2015, 19:44 PM

Permanently Banned
Counter battery is quite useless. 120mm mortar precision strike is the ultimate counter battery option. Plus its quick and easy.
24 Apr 2015, 19:51 PM
Developer Relic Badge

Should only have four men to compensate that it lives at one model compared to all other mortars/mobile field artillery/light howitzer units to make it more punishing should it be flanked or caught out of position. The 82mm has the excuse of not being that powerful, requires to be closer to the front for the allowance of a six man crew and it needs two models to operate.
24 Apr 2015, 20:01 PM

Maybe Relic should just stop trying to balance this game since they cant. Now we have to wait another 6 months or so just to get fixed mortar like we dont get enough of this shit already. (Katyusha...)
24 Apr 2015, 20:03 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Apr 2015, 20:01 PMMettiu
Maybe Relic should just stop trying to balance this game since they cant. Now we have to wait another 6 months or so just to get fixed mortar like we dont get enough of this shit already. (Katyusha...)

Pretty sure that was fixed inside a week. But whatever dude.
24 Apr 2015, 20:12 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Apr 2015, 19:19 PMKatitof

They never said it.
Provide a quote.

Alexzandvar has caught you out completely here. "The 120 is a great unit, however its combination of accuracy and AOE damage profile meant it regularly wiped full squads with its first shot. With this change in damage AOE, players will see damage dispersed throughout the squad without killing the squad outright.

http://community.companyofheroes.com/forum/company-of-heroes-2/company-of-heroes-2-general-discussion/67-coh-2-changelog/page5";

Will you respond or just ignore the absolute proof you were dead wrong? If you actually admit your selective blindness, post your playercard while you're at it. Wear your bias proudly, don't hide it.
24 Apr 2015, 20:14 PM

Well, he got a quote, not really sure what you want me to respond here.
I'm not jaigen, alex or sierra, I'm not going to prove my point like a moron even thou I was presented with uncontested fact.
Also, take a chill pill as you've went "games iz srs bsns" mode.

Full health squads have better chance of survival then before, not really sure what you expect of wounded ones.
24 Apr 2015, 20:32 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Apr 2015, 20:14 PMKatitof
I'm not jaigen, alex or sierra, I'm not going to prove my point like a moron even thou I was presented with uncontested fact.

Full health squads have better chance of survival then before, not really sure what you expect of wounded ones.

N-E-V-E-R, nuff said.
24 Apr 2015, 20:37 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Apr 2015, 20:14 PMKatitof

Ignoring your continued slap fight baiting at the start of your post it's lethal AoE was reduced only slightly, simply put it will 1 shot squads 10% less but do better damage over an area.

10% less isn't all that comforting when it still means squad wipes will be common, coupled with the fact it's now better at killing enemy units in general.
24 Apr 2015, 20:53 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

Here we go again....Please cool it? :) (Otherwise I will temp lock the thread and treat you to some dreadful music, whilst I cleanse the thread - your call)

Back to topic
24 Apr 2015, 20:57 PM

If the enemy unit is already damaged, is it still a one-shot? Something had to wound ir previously.
24 Apr 2015, 21:04 PM

Permanently Banned
Lol guys are seriously, i can understand if he wipe shoot by shoot, but nope he didnt, its random weapon like is-2 vs infatry imo.
If 120 is a big balance problem like it was before with some unit ? nope imo.
Nerf b4, now germans fanboys whant nerf 120, what next, su-76 :p.
The main problem that he survive with 1 man left.
And he dont arrive "in like 3 minutes".
24 Apr 2015, 21:05 PM

Permanently Banned
I lol at the fact that relic thought it was necessary to buff scott and 120 damage across AOE profile while barely nerfing 1 shot radius. Despite squad bunching indirectly buffing all AOE weapons in game in the first place. Fucking lelic.
24 Apr 2015, 21:43 PM

I lol at the fact that relic thought it was necessary to buff scott and 120 damage across AOE profile while barely nerfing 1 shot radius. Despite squad bunching indirectly buffing all AOE weapons in game in the first place. Fucking lelic.

Squad clumping is big problem since they change it and nobody and Relic probably cant see it. So much oneshots just for that nice squad qay party...
24 Apr 2015, 21:55 PM

It was always the squad bunching since the change.
No amount of nerfing and fixing will ever fix squad wipes as long as entities will stick their willies into each other and move like gay train across the field.
24 Apr 2015, 22:42 PM
Patrion 14

The problem I have with the 120mm mortar is that there is no counter to it in the early game. On some maps (like langreskaya), it can sit on a very defensive position, and still reach targets half way across the map, while dealing very good damage to them. Even sneaking up and grenading it doesn't always work, because it can still retreat with one man manning the gun.

I feel like the 120mm would be more balanced if it required 2-3 men to man it in order to keep it from being decrewed. This would make it easier to wipe if you catch it unawares and force the soviet player to be more intelligent in his deployment of the weapon.

All paks and mortars and howitzers work off of the 2-man principle, since they are not meant to directly engage the enemy. There is no reason for the 120mm to have the same survivability of a maxim when it is not meant to see the enemy directly at all.
Neo
24 Apr 2015, 23:44 PM

MHT counters it just fine.
PAGES (18)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 35
unknown 56
Russian Federation 38
United States 20

Ladders Top 10

• #