Login

russian armor

Relic, you gonna fix 120mm, or not?

PAGES (18)down
20 May 2015, 05:36 AM

It was nerfed shortly after release, which is a fact. It has worse damage, worse AoE, and shittier veterancy than the 120. There is quite literally nothing about the ISG to make it more desirable over the 120. With the ISG you are paying more MP for nothing except the RNG chance to maybe do suppression 3 or 4 times in game.

Extrapolating out from this, your either A. trolling or B. really ignorant.

No, ISG is quite good currently.
The suppression make it a good unit, with OKW manpower float you can always spend two, it can be quite devastating, in open map ofc.
20 May 2015, 06:13 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 May 2015, 05:36 AMPorygon

No, ISG is quite good currently.
The suppression make it a good unit, with OKW manpower float you can always spend two, it can be quite devastating, in open map ofc.

It's not bad, it's good but the 120 is still objectively better.
20 May 2015, 08:43 AM

I kinda like the ISG right now though it doesn't do such a great job to justify its price. One ISG on map is ok, two are really good.....
There is somwhere around here a guide that teaches you how to properly use the little devil. And it's quite useful.
Its only problem is that sometimes shines in a battle, sometimes you are wondering if the crew is out for a nap, because it hits nothing and doesn't gain veterancy.
20 May 2015, 13:52 PM

It's not the unit itself, as a whole the motor coordination Doc is broken. Like most SU docs. Shock frontline being the second broken strat.
20 May 2015, 13:55 PM

ISG is way more useful than 120mm, this gun can suppress and damage infantry.
20 May 2015, 13:59 PM

ISG is way more useful than 120mm, this gun can suppress and damage infantry.

120 doesn't need suppression as it leaves nothing that could be suppressed and deals more damage than the ISG for a lower price.
20 May 2015, 14:14 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 May 2015, 08:43 AMJohnnyB
I kinda like the ISG right now though it doesn't do such a great job to justify its price. One ISG on map is ok, two are really good.....

With the rampant use of super cost-effective guardspam followed with no-tech call-ins, I have trouble finding the manpower for even 1 ISG. Let alone 2!

As for the ISG's performance... It's alright. It deals less damage than the Packhowitzer but it has a lot more range and is safer to use. It's also a lot better at hitting moving targets than the 120mm. I do however thing the ISG needs a damage buff to buildings/units in buildings to justify its price.
20 May 2015, 14:36 PM

120 doesn't need suppression as it leaves nothing that could be suppressed and deals more damage than the ISG for a lower price.

ISG is more efficient against blobs (or even two squads near by). The 120mm is entirely RNG dependent for squad wipes (not to mention all other mortars have this ability).
20 May 2015, 15:48 PM

With the rampant use of super cost-effective guardspam followed with no-tech call-ins, I have trouble finding the manpower for even 1 ISG. Let alone 2!

As for the ISG's performance... It's alright. It deals less damage than the Packhowitzer but it has a lot more range and is safer to use. It's also a lot better at hitting moving targets than the 120mm. I do however thing the ISG needs a damage buff to buildings/units in buildings to justify its price.

Big +1

OKW doesn't have much anti-garrison firepower, I think an anti-building buff might be beneficial to gameplay. Even without a buff it seems a pretty effective weapon.

proygon, you can really afford two? :) I'm gonna try that but I suffer from what Aerohank described vs Guards Motor.
20 May 2015, 16:41 PM

Noob question - does the 120mm have more range than the ISG? I can see those things having serious problems if they ran into 120mm counterbattery fire...
20 May 2015, 16:59 PM

Big +1

OKW doesn't have much anti-garrison firepower, I think an anti-building buff might be beneficial to gameplay. Even without a buff it seems a pretty effective weapon.

porygon, you can really afford two? :) I'm gonna try that but I suffer from what Aerohank described vs Guards Motor.

It's possible.
20 May 2015, 18:02 PM

ISG is more efficient against blobs (or even two squads near by). The 120mm is entirely RNG dependent for squad wipes (not to mention all other mortars have this ability).

It has very tiny AoE, so yeah good luck suppressing a blob unless your shooting at it at point blank range which is risky as fuck with the 4 man crew.

Noob question - does the 120mm have more range than the ISG? I can see those things having serious problems if they ran into 120mm counterbattery fire...

Nope, but the ISG is ineffective at long range so pretty much everyone uses it in close range were it can be killed by the 120. The crew bunches up around the gun so normally 1 shell is enough to kill an ISG.

20 May 2015, 18:09 PM

Nope, but the ISG is ineffective at long range so pretty much everyone uses it in close range were it can be killed by the 120. The crew bunches up around the gun so normally 1 shell is enough to kill an ISG.

The crew bunching for the ISG is often not that bad from my experience. The 120mm though.. Those 6 men bunch up like crazy.
20 May 2015, 20:05 PM

The crew bunching for the ISG is often not that bad from my experience. The 120mm though.. Those 6 men bunch up like crazy.

It's because the ISG's crew are more likely to take a shot or two at the enemy, which cause's them to spread. The 120's crew it never shooting at anything so the crew love to group hug.

ofc the issue with the ISG is that you have 2 men that must always stand next to the weapon, while with the 120 you only need one. bunch is still a problem in general.
20 May 2015, 20:44 PM

relic won't fix it because they don't know how to maintain a competitive game, Their strategy for patch deployment is deeply flawed.
21 May 2015, 02:02 AM

ISG isn't consistent in hiting things, while 120mm pretty consistent in my experience. also 120mm can wipe german weapon teams in 1shot while ISG can't
21 May 2015, 12:08 PM

I see what you mean but I generaly observed that if (as OKW) you are using a doctrine which provides you with elite infantry - that you will buy for sure (for instance fallshirmjagers) - or you are using more than one obersoldaten squad, you will hardly be able to afford even one ISG.
Situation is quite different for doctrines like breaktrough or when I am relying just on volks sturms and mgs. In time, I find myself floating alot of manpower and guess what do I build?
26 May 2015, 09:56 AM

Guys, i like to see some good stuff at nerfing hammer flying around. But this is bit too much. 120 WAS a good tool to fight vs blobs, now it's ORDINARY mortar with 100 damager for 400 mp. And you want to nerf it more couse it's still wiping squads?

Why i can't see same topics for KT's wipouting whole inf squads? Or same topics about shtuka?

Jezz...
26 May 2015, 11:06 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 May 2015, 09:56 AMcarloff
Guys, i like to see some good stuff at nerfing hammer flying around. But this is bit too much. 120 WAS a good tool to fight vs blobs, now it's ORDINARY mortar with 100 damager for 400 mp. And you want to nerf it more couse it's still wiping squads?

Why i can't see same topics for KT's wipouting whole inf squads? Or same topics about shtuka?

Jezz...

Compairing KT and walking stuka with 120 mortar... gg.

P.S. - do you realy have the feeling stuka is squadwiping lately?
26 May 2015, 11:22 AM

@JohnnyB if he talks about squad wiping, then there isn't really a reason not to compare it. One can have the feeling that nothing on axis side squad wipes often, which is untrue.
PAGES (18)down
2 users are browsing this thread: 2 guests

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS