Login

russian armor

OKW and US lack options

15 Apr 2015, 20:14 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Apr 2015, 16:56 PMBurts

Not really. The WC 51 is a decent enough unit. If you put inside some riflemen in it then it has pretty good DPS. Put a lieut or a captain inside it and it performs pretty good.

The M3 halftrack is total crap, though. If it was like the M5 or the 251 then mechanized would finally become a good doc.

I actually like the M3 halftrack better. For SNGs I spent an entire day just playing with Mechanized in 1v1. The Nerfs to the WC51s health and mobility made it like a more fragile and less useful Kubelwagen. Its also to slow to be a decent transport unless it goes in a straight line. Its much like the SU85 at a different scale. Its very cumbersome now for a light vehicle and its very fragile. Even the Benefit from putting squads inside dont make up for its short comings. I would take an M3 scout car over it ANYDAY OF THE WEEK. Its pretty damn bad for what it costs.

The M3HT is actually quite mobile and can garrison two squads. Funny to put the Captain in it with another Zook squad and counter Pumas.....

The WC51 is just to slow for these Hijinks. And what I mean by slow is its use in practice not its top speed. In practice you need to slow down and turn around etc etc. Its bad at these things. Definatley not worth the Price of a Rifle Squad plus fuel.

Edit:

With its current Performance it should cost the same as a Kubel IMHO. Its a 10 fuel unit AT BEST.
15 Apr 2015, 20:32 PM

>gonna play coh 2
>i go usf 1v1 faymonville north versus okw
>damned 4 rifles build, garden this pudding, not again
>i go for ambulance as first unit
>gonna take the center cutoff with medics
>i drive there and pack out
>suddenly sturmpionieers sturming me
>i get in the building to defend myself
>these colts gonna rape the sturms
>sturmpionieers hit the dirt
>no supression, no arty, im confused
>they seem to be dead but one of them is still moving
>i get out of the building with my medics, they are the red gardening cross dammit
>i catiously walk towards them, trying to help
>when medics are 1 meter away from the sturms i see it
>they got pinned and got on the ground because of massive laughter wave that arrived when they saw the medics
>i gardening retreat
>my second ambulance just arrived
>gonna take the island on the north west
>when i am close i see it is being taken
>medics bail out, going to engage
>suddenly raketenwerfer rocket wipes the squad
>gardening unit diversity
>meanwhile my rear echelons try to take right vp
>i see obers trying to engage
>they stop and a timer appears on them
>they laugh so hard they actually try to kill themselves with a grenade
>i am done, I go recon company and use recon pass
>i see every okw truck built
>every german truck driver is gardening laughing
>my cheeks turn red
>drivers put lugers to their heads
>all trucks are abandoned
>ObersAreOurSalvation is killed
>my rank jumped from 12k to 9 that round
>2 ambulances opening is still my standard build to this very day

Trololol) made me laugh))

But yeah US deinitely lack options and need more. OKW a bit too. Only three units really you can build (raketen doesn't count). But US has only 2.
15 Apr 2015, 20:40 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Apr 2015, 13:31 PMBurts
I dunno, i find USF to have plenty of versatility.

In the early game, non doctrinally you can get rifles early on, or mix in some more rear echelons.

Plenty of people dont regard two as plenty.
15 Apr 2015, 21:02 PM

id like to see non-doc elite inf in t4

Sounds like Rangers to me. Though probably in a less blob-friendly and less mindless manner.
15 Apr 2015, 21:07 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Sounds like Rangers to me. Though probably in a less blob-friendly and less mindless manner.

Even against AA's AI, you can see those bastards as is are freakin' broken.
15 Apr 2015, 21:09 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Apr 2015, 21:07 PMVuther

Even against AA's AI, you can see those bastards as is are freakin' broken.

As they are, sure. But I'm not sure what you mean with "against AA's AI", a player would do better than it after all.
15 Apr 2015, 21:13 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

As they are, sure. But I'm not sure what you mean with "against AA's AI", a player would do better than it after all.

What I mean is that, because of AA's AI being ya know, not great, determining a unit's performance against them would cause you to overinflate your opinion on its performance.

But in spite of that, one can still probably tell Rangers in MP ported directly from AA would be broken...if only from 270 worth of free demo charges.
15 Apr 2015, 21:21 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Apr 2015, 21:13 PMVuther

What I mean is that, because of AA's AI being ya know, not great, determining a unit's performance against them would cause you to overinflate your opinion on its performance.

But in spite of that, one can still probably tell Rangers in MP ported directly from AA would be broken...if only from 270 worth of free demo charges.

Free demos would definetely have to go, I think I would go with Grease Guns or Garand for them, the small AT mines, the ability to plant demo charges at a muni cost, smoke grenades, an upgrade that converts bazookas to Panzerschrecks... Maybe even bundle grenades with vet? That does make them a soup but versatile but non-blob infantry since they wouldn't be so hot in anti-infantry combat, at least for their cost.
15 Apr 2015, 21:41 PM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Apr 2015, 14:23 PMBurts

Yeah ok, and in coh 2 you can easily tech to lieutenant and get a 0.50 cal like 4 minutes into the game.

There are plenty of early game options as USF (doctrinal) assault engies, WC-51 (0cp), pathfinders and vet riflemen (this one doesn't really count though)

Coh 1 doesnt have this.

Basically, coh 1 had more non doctrinal options, coh 2 has more doctrinal options. I believe this is how relic designed coh 2, and this is intended.

Thank you for your responds, is this you Cheese? WutFace

Anyway, sure US has plenty of options if you look at it that way, but the usage of those units are like exactly the same. Only Assault engies got somewhat a different usage in being able to place demoes and have a flamer lol. But RE's have half the abilities that Assault Engies have.

M20 = wc51 + pathfinders combined lol. Pathfinders can scout, wc51 has the 50 call. M20 literally does the same.

And of course this is how Relic intended US, but it promotes blobbing and spamming of 1 type of units that can carry you through the whole game. I think Relic intended wrong imo.

16 Apr 2015, 01:07 AM
Patrion 28

the only reason i can see to get the WC51 is if you have to counter a kubel. otherwise i would avoid it.
16 Apr 2015, 01:08 AM

i think USF unit teching is really a mess. captain tier and lieutenant tier arent all that unique from each other and splits essential units like the MG and AT guns which makes it really inefficient since you will need large amounts of resources to get all of them.

there is no stopgap AT for light vehicles, there's too much to sacrifice to upgrade zooks. time taken and resources as well as anti infantry firepower. it makes zooks very inefficient to field. ontop of that if you have gone for lieutenant and desperately need a AT gun for a well microed pzII, kubel, 222, thats another 90 to dump just for an AT gun.

rifles are a solid squad, yet only as good as they are upgraded, they cost a hand and leg to be upgraded with BARs, while lmg42 comes free without upgrade cost and yet having inferior firepower as the lmg42.

USF just feels unfinished. there are too many things lacking in the army. no elite infantry, not enough thompsons around, no tank capable of holding the front or non doctrinal heavy artillery options.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★