Login

russian armor

OKW and US lack options

14 Apr 2015, 23:23 PM
Patrion 14

Hey guys,

IMO Sov and Werh are in every way better designed and have more options for early, mid and even late game.

Allow me to explain, Soviet and Werh both got the most early game options. Flames, mortars, demoes, AT only mines, AI only mines etc. Even unit wise they outnumber WFA factions with fast acces to HMG and mortars. In exchange there stock units are not strong but get better with vet.

With the WFA factions it's way different. US and OKW have no non doc early game flames, mortars, demoes, AT only mines etc. In exchange there stock units are for US the strongest in early game but forcing you with 1 option (rifles) and OKW has got strong late game stock units that scale with vet.

I don't understand that both OKW and US get strong stock units in exchange for less units. It forces them to blob and throw games when they lose certain units.

Buildings are a hard to take down for OKW and US, the only early game options are nades. Flames are doc and the Howitzers arrive late. The only way for US and OKW to win early game house engagements is running there first cause they start off with T1 already unlocked and get a couple seconds head start with units.

I would suggest nerfing stock units from US and OKW in exchange for early mortars and flames. Both the WFA factions are to much glass cannons. It's like they removed alot of units from the WFA factions and put them in docs.
14 Apr 2015, 23:28 PM

your pretty much just preaching to the choir at this point lol.... I dont think anyone will disagree that both WFA factions are poorly done.
14 Apr 2015, 23:38 PM
Patrion 14

your pretty much just preaching to the choir at this point lol.... I dont think anyone will disagree that both WFA factions are poorly done.

I guess you're right sigh, I hope the new factions will be done like Sov/Werh. Not another unbalanced blob fest.
15 Apr 2015, 00:12 AM

Permanently Banned
I Like OKW's unit variety.

i dont like usf's

only rifles and RE's

id like to see non-doc elite inf in t4 OR allow USF to build unlimited amounts of captain and lieutenant squads. but they have to be better than rifles in some way..

like lieutenant should be a slighty stronger rifle squad with decent dps. while, the captain should be a tough unit with less dps

15 Apr 2015, 09:16 AM

I Like OKW's unit variety.

i dont like usf's

only rifles and RE's

id like to see non-doc elite inf in t4 OR allow USF to build unlimited amounts of captain and lieutenant squads. but they have to be better than rifles in some way..

like lieutenant should be a slighty stronger rifle squad with decent dps. while, the captain should be a tough unit with less dps

I usually don't particularly care about the suspension of realism and all that but a ton of cap/lt squads running around would be...odd

I agree with op, missing snipers/mortars/flamers/normal mines. People moan about players having tons of rifles/volks but you can't field a decent combined armed force without gimping yourself.
15 Apr 2015, 10:04 AM

>gonna play coh 2
>i go usf 1v1 faymonville north versus okw
>damned 4 rifles build, garden this pudding, not again
>i go for ambulance as first unit
>gonna take the center cutoff with medics
>i drive there and pack out
>suddenly sturmpionieers sturming me
>i get in the building to defend myself
>these colts gonna rape the sturms
>sturmpionieers hit the dirt
>no supression, no arty, im confused
>they seem to be dead but one of them is still moving
>i get out of the building with my medics, they are the red gardening cross dammit
>i catiously walk towards them, trying to help
>when medics are 1 meter away from the sturms i see it
>they got pinned and got on the ground because of massive laughter wave that arrived when they saw the medics
>i gardening retreat
>my second ambulance just arrived
>gonna take the island on the north west
>when i am close i see it is being taken
>medics bail out, going to engage
>suddenly raketenwerfer rocket wipes the squad
>gardening unit diversity
>meanwhile my rear echelons try to take right vp
>i see obers trying to engage
>they stop and a timer appears on them
>they laugh so hard they actually try to kill themselves with a grenade
>i am done, I go recon company and use recon pass
>i see every okw truck built
>every german truck driver is gardening laughing
>my cheeks turn red
>drivers put lugers to their heads
>all trucks are abandoned
>ObersAreOurSalvation is killed
>my rank jumped from 12k to 9 that round
>2 ambulances opening is still my standard build to this very day
15 Apr 2015, 10:23 AM

Well, versatility of USF comes with upgrades for infantry in theory.
In practice, there is not enough upgrades ensuring interesting, diverse play.

Even the dreaded brits had more options then USF for early game and weapon upgrades.

As for OKW, they have limited first 2-3 min BOs, still more then what USF got, but once trucks are set or they reach 1-2 CP their options get much more diverse so they don't really have as much problems with it.
15 Apr 2015, 12:50 PM
Patrion 14

LOL Sleeper 10/10, I'm dying.

Anyway, i just feel at one point for US, teching is a bad choice, it doesn't make sense to back tech to captain when going Major. There's no way you're going to cough up 480 MP for a howie late game and besides, Major has the scott that's 2 roles spread out over 2 tears. Rifles die like flies late game and bleed you. It's like you get punished for opening with 4 rifles and preserving them. Sometimes I'm just glad a rifle Squad gets wiped to save popcap and get less bleed for a faster Sherman.

Look at how sprice plays, only rifles and going straight sherman or easy8. How is that combined arms and imo it's the only way to go. Let's say sprice made a how or even at gun or m20. Useless pop cap that would bleed him out.

I Wish USA was more like Soviet :( i even like cons better then rifles lol.
15 Apr 2015, 13:08 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Apr 2015, 12:50 PMLooney
LOL Sleeper 10/10, I'm dying.

Anyway, i just feel at one point for US, teching is a bad choice, it doesn't make sense to back tech to captain when going Major. There's no way you're going to cough up 480 MP for a howie late game and besides, Major has the scott that's 2 roles spread out over 2 tears. Rifles die like flies late game and bleed you. It's like you get punished for opening with 4 rifles and preserving them. Sometimes I'm just glad a rifle Squad gets wiped to save popcap and get less bleed for a faster Sherman.

Look at how sprice plays, only rifles and going straight sherman or easy8. How is that combined arms and imo it's the only way to go. Let's say sprice made a how or even at gun or m20. Useless pop cap that would bleed him out.

I Wish USA was more like Soviet :( i even like cons better then rifles lol.

Its relic is always insistent on trying tp make radically different in a game based around real world armies lol. In the end we up with WFA factions and OF factions that are encourage blobbing and are based on stupid gimmicks
15 Apr 2015, 13:09 PM

Yep agree with OP 100%
15 Apr 2015, 13:31 PM

I dunno, i find USF to have plenty of versatility.

In the early game, non doctrinally you can get rifles early on, or mix in some more rear echelons.

It was the same in coh 1. But later on it deviates. Go captain, stuart or something. Go lieut, M20 or AA HT or a 0.50 cal etc etc etc

Some options arent very good (like going stuart or pak howi) because the units in question suck, not because bad design.
Pretty much all the 6 USF doctrines are viable.

Same cannot be said for Sov/Wehr which have a bunch of completely useless doctrines.
15 Apr 2015, 13:46 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Apr 2015, 13:31 PMBurts

In the early game, non doctrinally you can get rifles early on, or mix in some more rear echelons.

It was the same in coh 1. But later on it deviates. Go captain, stuart or something. Go lieut, M20 or AA HT or a 0.50 cal etc etc etc

Some options arent very good (like going stuart or pak howi) because the units in question suck, not because bad design.

Same cannot be said for Sov/Wehr which have a bunch of completely useless doctrines.

I wouldnt say Sov/Wehr doctrines sucks, I would rather say some doctrines overperform other ones, for example Motorized and Luftwaffe
15 Apr 2015, 14:18 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Apr 2015, 13:31 PMBurts

It was the same in coh 1.
But later on it deviates. Go captain, stuart or something. Go lieut, M20 or AA HT or a 0.50 cal etc etc etc

In VCHOH you could build weapon support center that have MGs, mortar and sniper
15 Apr 2015, 14:20 PM

Or you could go for rax which gave you rifles and jeep.
Still more then coh2 offers for USF.
15 Apr 2015, 14:23 PM

Yeah ok, and in coh 2 you can easily tech to lieutenant and get a 0.50 cal like 4 minutes into the game.

There are plenty of early game options as USF (doctrinal) assault engies, WC-51 (0cp), pathfinders and vet riflemen (this one doesn't really count though)

Coh 1 doesnt have this.

Basically, coh 1 had more non doctrinal options, coh 2 has more doctrinal options. I believe this is how relic designed coh 2, and this is intended.
15 Apr 2015, 16:16 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Apr 2015, 14:23 PMBurts

Yeah ok, and in coh 2 you can easily tech to lieutenant and get a 0.50 cal like 4 minutes into the game.

There are plenty of early game options as USF (doctrinal) assault engies, WC-51 (0cp), pathfinders and vet riflemen (this one doesn't really count though)

Coh 1 doesnt have this.

Basically, coh 1 had more non doctrinal options, coh 2 has more doctrinal options. I believe this is how relic designed coh 2, and this is intended.

WC51? I suppose it is an "Option" an option to waste MP and fuel :foreveralone:
15 Apr 2015, 16:56 PM

WC51? I suppose it is an "Option" an option to waste MP and fuel :foreveralone:

Not really. The WC 51 is a decent enough unit. If you put inside some riflemen in it then it has pretty good DPS. Put a lieut or a captain inside it and it performs pretty good.

The M3 halftrack is total crap, though. If it was like the M5 or the 251 then mechanized would finally become a good doc.
15 Apr 2015, 16:57 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Apr 2015, 14:23 PMBurts

Didn't you have to wait for the same amount for Lieutenant as Weapon Support Center though?...and frankly having a mortar and sniper in the barracks and WSC makes it easily beat out CoH2 US for early options.
jump backJump back to quoted post15 Apr 2015, 16:56 PMBurts
The M3 halftrack is total crap, though. If it was like the M5 or the 251 then mechanized would finally become a good doc.

It's barely any tougher than the WC51 I think.
15 Apr 2015, 17:25 PM

Permanently Banned
>gonna play coh 2
>i go usf 1v1 faymonville north versus okw
>damned 4 rifles build, garden this pudding, not again
>i go for ambulance as first unit
>gonna take the center cutoff with medics
>i drive there and pack out
>suddenly sturmpionieers sturming me
>i get in the building to defend myself
>these colts gonna rape the sturms
>sturmpionieers hit the dirt
>no supression, no arty, im confused
>they seem to be dead but one of them is still moving
>i get out of the building with my medics, they are the red gardening cross dammit
>i catiously walk towards them, trying to help
>when medics are 1 meter away from the sturms i see it
>they got pinned and got on the ground because of massive laughter wave that arrived when they saw the medics
>i gardening retreat
>my second ambulance just arrived
>gonna take the island on the north west
>when i am close i see it is being taken
>medics bail out, going to engage
>suddenly raketenwerfer rocket wipes the squad
>gardening unit diversity
>meanwhile my rear echelons try to take right vp
>i see obers trying to engage
>they stop and a timer appears on them
>they laugh so hard they actually try to kill themselves with a grenade
>i am done, I go recon company and use recon pass
>i see every okw truck built
>every german truck driver is gardening laughing
>my cheeks turn red
>drivers put lugers to their heads
>all trucks are abandoned
>ObersAreOurSalvation is killed
>my rank jumped from 12k to 9 that round
>2 ambulances opening is still my standard build to this very day

9/10 not enough ambulances.
15 Apr 2015, 17:33 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

9/10 not enough ambulances.

How did I not notice this post you quoted before?

Because it's some amazing shit
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 1
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak