Login

russian armor

Coh2 Ranking

30 May 2013, 09:44 AM

So apparently, according to sega's forum replies, ranking system is not going to be implemented but will be via "steam game stats". Maybe no ranks to gain or loose, and no in-game ladders, what do you think of that ? Personnaly i'm VERY sad of this, i hate this non-competitive idea, i remember the days when you were so proud of that SHINY LVL 13 WITH 2 LEAF BARS for whermacht for example ...

EDIT : some simple functionnalities will be implemented o_O
30 May 2013, 09:49 AM

What? is this for real?
30 May 2013, 09:51 AM

Yea, I'm not sure how this is going to work for automoatch. It's nice to see the skill level you're up against, and their 'level' simply isn't a measurement at all.

It's not even very logical. The steam stats will end up having a leaderboard (it has to), and that means there will be a search function. From there, high level players will simply search the player while loading to see what rank they are.

It's needlessly convoluted; it makes way more sense to simply have the rank icons back. Or they could use a StarCraft 2/League of Legends style thing with bronze/silver/gold/etc., with each tier broken down into categories (bronze 1, 2, 3, etc.).
30 May 2013, 10:50 AM

Yea, I'm not sure how this is going to work for automoatch. It's nice to see the skill level you're up against, and their 'level' simply isn't a measurement at all.

It's not even very logical. The steam stats will end up having a leaderboard (it has to), and that means there will be a search function. From there, high level players will simply search the player while loading to see what rank they are.

It's needlessly convoluted; it makes way more sense to simply have the rank icons back. Or they could use a StarCraft 2/League of Legends style thing with bronze/silver/gold/etc., with each tier broken down into categories (bronze 1, 2, 3, etc.).

+1
30 May 2013, 11:18 AM

+1 if you could post that on the topic I created on sega's forum that'll be great

http://forums.sega.com/showthread.php?485476-Ranking-system

Cause the reply i had was not really reassuring
1 Jun 2013, 05:18 AM
Honorary Member Badge

shafting the coh competitive commuinity 1 feature at a time. :(

1 Jun 2013, 10:47 AM
Patrion 14

It does seem a bit strange, then again not knowing the skill level of your opponent keeps you on your toes. Most of the real pros are famous because of their usernames anyway.
1 Jun 2013, 16:55 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Jun 2013, 05:18 AMWiFiDi
shafting the coh competitive commuinity 1 feature at a time. :(

Most disgusting picture I've ever seen :P
1 Jun 2013, 23:01 PM

This is game suicide.
Only Relic postRelic 2 Jun 2013, 01:25 AM
Developer Relic Badge

It'll be back at some point - we have a new server, so it'll take a little bit of time to get everything back and working the way we want.
2 Jun 2013, 01:38 AM
Senior Mapmaker Badge
Benefactor 119

Hack free, robust ladders are the foundation of competitive play. No RTS game succeeds without robust competitive play. Its a catalyst and a driver of the competitive scene, if a ladder such as this doesnt exist Esports is out of the question and COH2 as even a medium term game will not last.

Why wasent the ladder scene squared away after thq went down, why wasnt more focus put on the competitive multiplayer scene, besides the monetary perspective, because i hope money isnt the only thing driving development here. I am happy to see the amount of good work done, and at the same time feeling like the ball has been dropped in respect to things that are really important to competitive play.

Robust ladder, ladder worthy maps, observer mode, upgraded replay system, powerful built in community tools that allow the community to exploit, advertise and promote the COH experience we all know and love HAS to happen.
2 Jun 2013, 01:41 AM

No leaderboards= no incentive for competitive players to play.
2 Jun 2013, 01:44 AM

No leaderboards= no incentive for competitive players to play.

I would think/hope competitive players care about playing the game more than their leaderboard ranking. There's always tournaments to prove who is the best anyway. I personally will be only mildly disappointed if there aren't any leader boards, and it certainly won't make me not want to play.
2 Jun 2013, 01:45 AM
Admin Red  Badge
Donator 11

All i'll say is take a look at all the leading RTS games out right now. If you dont have at least 90% of the features that players want then your launch will fizzle and sales will suffer. The peak level of excitement for a game is the week you launch, the month that your game is looked at by every gamer out there, the time that matters.

CoH1, 7 years ago launched with a superior system to what CoH2 will launch with next month. It is really a circle of fail when you push a game out the door due to money, and then lose sales due to the game not being finished, and then in turn you still have no money.

To launch with this list looming over the game is a tragedy.

No ladders
No chat lobby
No match history
No obs mode
No anti-cheat
No fixed positions for tournaments
No good maps
2 Jun 2013, 01:50 AM

Bud makes a good point... it is true that 99% of people who buy it will be shocked at the lack of features and never play it.
ntd
2 Jun 2013, 01:53 AM
Admin Black Badge

7 years after COH1 launch and the sequel is removing features, and these are core features of an rts...I mean LEADERBOARD, CHAT LOBBY, etc?! =[
2 Jun 2013, 01:58 AM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Jun 2013, 01:25 AMqduffy
It'll be back at some point - we have a new server, so it'll take a little bit of time to get everything back and working the way we want.

Thanks a lot for commenting on the matter and taking the feedback into account.
2 Jun 2013, 02:01 AM
Benefactor 115

I posted this in the official forums:

Personally I don't think ladders promote competition because of their nature i.e. them being one and done as well as being able to rank up by playing at certain times when the player pool isn't as strong. I really don't like people using ladders as a metric to rate players either, however I understand that people like ladders and I hope Relic do add them to appease players who like the format and don't want to play in tournaments.

and I agree with DanielD's first post.
2 Jun 2013, 02:11 AM

I would think/hope competitive players care about playing the game more than their leaderboard ranking. There's always tournaments to prove who is the best anyway. I personally will be only mildly disappointed if there aren't any leader boards, and it certainly won't make me not want to play.

But over 90% of the games we are playing won't be tournaments. If there is no ladder then there isn't a very good way to seed people for those tournaments and automatching against actually skilled opponents will be even harder, and noob stomping in half your games isn't very enjoyable and you don't learn anything from it. Its not like most people have sparring partners available every time they want to play.

And if game spamming and stathacking were to be fixed, there's no reason that the ladder itself couldn't be competitive.
2 Jun 2013, 03:46 AM

All i'll say is take a look at all the leading RTS games out right now. If you dont have at least 90% of the features that players want then your launch will fizzle and sales will suffer. The peak level of excitement for a game is the week you launch, the month that your game is looked at by every gamer out there, the time that matters.

CoH1, 7 years ago launched with a superior system to what CoH2 will launch with next month. It is really a circle of fail when you push a game out the door due to money, and then lose sales due to the game not being finished, and then in turn you still have no money.

To launch with this list looming over the game is a tragedy.

No ladders
No chat lobby
No match history
No obs mode
No anti-cheat
No fixed positions for tournaments
No good maps

Great improvement from before MVGame
2 reasons:
1. Stat hackers wont have a reason to stat hack and drophack anymore.
2. No more reading retarded statements in chat.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS