russian armor

Coh2 Ranking

4 Jun 2013, 13:04 PM

The fanboy'ism is fading.

*is pleased with himself*
4 Jun 2013, 15:20 PM

5 Jun 2013, 08:58 AM

Yeah, what the hell is Relic thinking?
Leaving out such features at launch will definitely impact reviews, which, let's face it, are hugely important in determining sales.

It would be prudent of Sega to delay the game just for this features to be implemented at launch.

While I agree that it sucks all those features aren't implemented, I don't think they are the type of issues to be covered by mainstream review sites unfortunately.
5 Jun 2013, 14:22 PM
Senior Caster Badge

Yeah, what the hell is Relic thinking?
Leaving out such features at launch will definitely impact reviews, which, let's face it, are hugely important in determining sales.

It would be prudent of Sega to delay the game just for this features to be implemented at launch.

While I agree that it sucks all those features aren't implemented, I don't think they are the type of issues to be covered by mainstream review sites unfortunately.

Agree 100%. Most people who review these kinds of games barely understand RTS games in the first place, let alone care about any of those features.
5 Jun 2013, 19:53 PM

I can't believe that the ladder system is even being questioned!

In my opinion this is basic stuff for an RTS game and should be implemented from day 1. Its an absoluste shame!

I just think they got the fundamentals (like design) wrong with this game yet they keep promising "cool features" post lunch. They are building a flawed game... :S

5 Jun 2013, 22:30 PM
Senior Editor Badge

CoH2 - made for compstoms , scheldts and streamers players (lol).

its a waste of time run coh2.org for this type of players.

GG relic
6 Jun 2013, 04:55 AM

No leaderboards = CoH2 suxxs!
6 Jun 2013, 06:05 AM

I think ladders still have there place and shouldn't be omitted completely. Yeah it doesn't give as much of a definitive indication of ability such as the tournament style Ipkai discussed, but it still provides a decent approximation of ones skill.

Plus, out of everyone in the community how many people even participate in tournaments? It is generally a place for the higher skilled place, hence the number is restricted generally for somewhere between 8-64 player number pools. This is great for sorting out the 'best' but everyone else still deserves a similar form of being in that spotlight.

The ladder system gives general gauge of skill for all. Yes it isn't highly accurate, however for the masses it is good approximation none the less. It provides a sense of achievement as you move up the ladder, whether that be for personal fullfilment, bragging rights or acceptance comes down to that individual. It does obviously have the opposite effect when people lose rank and hence this often brings out the nasty side, hackers and abusive players into the game. Either way though I still think it is necessary as you would be surprised how many people play to achieve that level 16 or whatever height they set their goals.

I bet almost everyone here I felt a sense of achievement when they reached that next higher level, espeically when you get it for the first time. This sense of happiness is quickly diminished once you set your eyes on that next goal, but you feel it once you get that next goal. I think this is something everyone who challenges themselves in life will feel. No doubt it is a great asset for gaming companies to tap into and get you playing.

Also very good players will generally find there way to the top regions of the leader board, not always true but the majority of cases it will occur. Seeing these CoH icons on in-game ladders and then in tournaments and casts will definitely attract that bit more attention. I remember when I was still pretty new with the game, not that active in community forums, not streaming myself and saw Aljaz5 with his no.1 every faction stats. I was absolutely amazed and then the moment I saw his name in a youtube cast I watched the whole thing. Ladders play a part in an individuals mentality.

I love you :)
6 Jun 2013, 06:33 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Jun 2013, 08:49 AMWlatis
The game SHOULD have a strong and well implemented ranking system. No doubt about it. Imagine Olimpics with no leader and all receving a prize for participation. This is stupid. Competition is in human nature since allways, and ranking people to their skills is a strong incentive to play and to make more enjoyable/desirable a game to play. It all depends on Relic how this features will be implemented so things like hacks for stats ( maphack, drophack, bug abuse, trivial language all due to high desire to obtain no matter what a false upper rank position) will be a thing of the past. Ipse dixit!

I love u 2
6 Jun 2013, 06:53 AM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

Sure tournaments are the best measure of skill, but right now we have absolutely no clue who is good at this game because we can't see their names at the top of the ladders. As a fan of streams, I have no idea when a hot match-up is on the card. As a fan of replays, I have no idea which ones to download and watch to learn the best builds/tactics. As a tournament organizer, I have no idea who to invite or who to contact to make sure my tournament has the best established players as well as the best up-and-comers.

Stathackers, maphackers, and drophackers pretty much ruined the COH1 ladders for many people. If Relic can manage to control these aspects, I very much look forward to future ladders. They will help immensely with the competitive spirit of the game. Seeing someone's "progression level" means absolutely nothing to me.
6 Jun 2013, 07:01 AM

Sure tournaments are the best measure of skill, but right now we have absolutely no clue who is good at this game because we can't see their names at the top of the ladders. As a fan of streams, I have no idea when a hot match-up is on the card. As a fan of replays, I have no idea which ones to download and watch to learn the best builds/tactics. As a tournament organizer, I have no idea who to invite or who to contact to make sure my tournament has the best established players as well as the best up-and-comers.

Stathackers, maphackers, and drophackers pretty much ruined the COH1 ladders for many people. If Relic can manage to control these aspects, I very much look forward to future ladders. They will help immensely with the competitive spirit of the game. Seeing someone's "progression level" means absolutely nothing to me.

oh my god!!

I love u 2 :)

You said everything I have to say.
6 Jun 2013, 07:06 AM

The problem is the hackers. Not the leader board.

Leader board is must needed in RTS game.

We just need to improve it.

It is stupid to remove it.
6 Jun 2013, 11:09 AM

+1
6 Jun 2013, 11:27 AM
Patrion 15

I liked the vCoh ladder very much and I could not imagine to have played this game over several years without it beeing part of the game.

I get that the very top players did not think of the ladderposition of an accurate skill indicator.

But at my level of play somewhere between level 12 and 15 it was indeed very accurate

There might have been the chance for a level 16 player to simply spam many games to get a position at the very top of the leaderboard. But a "level 14" player could play as many games as he liked be it 10 or a 1000 and still be at the same position that reflected his skill (that is if he did not cheat of course).

I was never very keen on my own stats while I played vcoh for over 5 years. I almoust never changed my profile to get clean records, I almoust never played a game that gave me a shitty map or a rude opponent just to improve my ranking. But still having an indicator of my skill in the game compared to others is a huge part of the motivation that I got for the game.

And not only that, also important is for me to know which skill my opponent has. I want to know in a beginning of the game if I am facing someone above or below my own level of play. Smurfing ruined that so some degree within vcoh, but most of the time the rank that was displayed at the beginning of the game gave me a good idea of what you where to expect from the enemy. After the game you could check his stats and conclude what your victory or defeat had ment.

I still remember the couple of times where I was able to get a victory over some players at the very top of the ladder. I even recall the basic strategies involved even as those games happend 2-3 years ago. If there was no ladder it would not have been anything special at all.

Conclousion - it is very sad to see that coh2 failes to deliver a basic and very necessary tool for players like me - semi competitive players without any interest in single player content.

6 Jun 2013, 13:46 PM

Exactly. It looks like Relic doesnt / cant be bothered with developing an efficient anticheat system. So without leaderboards cheaters will less likely drop hack / stat hack, just because there is no point in doing it anymore.

And the worst part is, that the development team seems to be following this trend all along - "lets not improve the things that worked well in vCoh, we should remove them from COH2."

And yes, grinding to the next stripe in vCoh was a fun process for a semi - competitive player like me. For me, COH2 loses a lot without this feature.
26 Jun 2013, 14:02 PM

i am already bored.
thought about buy some new dlc, but for what?

no ladders - no long time fun.
26 Jun 2013, 14:52 PM

This game NEEDS a ladder/anti-cheat/chatroom ASAP. No RTS can survive without them. I predict an early demise for this game if it doesn't get resolved within the first couple of patches.
26 Jun 2013, 17:03 PM

i am already bored.

me too wheres the fucking ladder
26 Jun 2013, 17:29 PM
Admin Black Badge

there are no ELO values in the steam API.. this is kinda weird :D
26 Jun 2013, 17:55 PM
Developer Relic Badge
Donator 11

I think that when they implement ladder it will already be the one on their dedicated server.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★