Login

russian armor

Ostheer, the never ending struggle

PAGES (13)down
16 Apr 2015, 06:10 AM

L2p

Ost has no issues killing an is2. Like a said a million times, Double paks with either a faust, mine, or stun round from pak. will Be a DEAD IS2. Its too slow with a damaged engine to escape the paks and when stunned with 2 paks firing. Its already dead.

OKW struggles a bit more, but not by much. Reketens do penetrate often just like Shreks. The only thing u have to worry about is the rekettens being whiped. And there is always the option of a well-placed pak43

If u see that ur opponent when Is2's. This can be easily punished in many ways

CAS to basically bring IS2 down to 30% in one pass ( also strafe pesky infrantry so they can de-crew uyr paks

Spotting scopes to allow u to use the full potential of ur AT weapons

and Lighting war, u get tiger, g43's, and Skill strafe

But if usf had m1919's, pershing, and p47 in one commander, i bet the axis fanboys would cry of OP'ness

LAstely, u need to learn how to punish any player that waits for call-ins. Bleed the sov player by rushing a fast AA HT, Luchs, P4, or Ostwind. Then prepare for his cal-ins.

There is no reason why u fail to prepare for the inevitable, then come on these forums to complain that sov are impossible to beat when every issue u "claim" is a l2p issue.

Ya, well, maybe, maybe not. In theory all sounds nice. All the situations you described are talking about unsupported IS2s. I can beat noobs too, ya know. If you face a real player that he knows what he's doing, the IS2 won't be your grave, it would be just the cross on it. I bet you have a theoretical solution for an IS2 + shocks + ZIS in the back + KV8 attacking group, don't you? Just to make an example. On 2v2s 3v3s etc becomes even more complex, because all teammates can and should focus on the same attack.
On the battlefield is verry situational and the best combo Ostheer can make will not beat the soviet combos except for what I said above about Elefant and all.

OP faction doesn't mean that if you are a better player than me and play with that faction you beat me, I don't claim that being odd. No, it means that if we are equal skilled, you beat me just because your faction is stronger.

So I'm not saying - and never was saying - that Soviets are unbeatable or that I can't destroy an IS2. I'm sure you got my point but you will probably tell me again to L2P so why am I replaying to you anyway?!
16 Apr 2015, 06:28 AM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post16 Apr 2015, 06:10 AMJohnnyB

So I'm not saying - and never was saying - that Soviets are unbeatable or that I can't destroy an IS2. I'm sure you got my point but you will probably tell me again to L2P so why am I replaying to you anyway?!

the thing is that players have proven time and time again that it is possible to win as all 4 factions. its not like one faction is blatantly overpowered in this patch, they all have their tools that the player can choose or choose not to use.

I hope Lemon doesnt mind me using his post
16 Apr 2015, 07:55 AM

Ugh.. This game have come to remind me of warhammer fantasy the board game. In WH you might pick an army that isn't "overpowered" and can be beaten, the issue is that it is so easy to play and won with that most people do regard it as bullshit. Put in another way I have a friend who started out with a faction that required him to know what he was doing, he didn't do well so he switched to the Bo brainer faction - not op faction - and Im yet to beat him.

Sure tournament goers know how to deal with such a faction, the rest of us, however, suffers from it.

This is exactly how I feel COH2 have turned Into. It is very easy for a veteran player to say "herp derp L2P sh1t can be beaten", but it doesn't change how the game might feel for 90% of the players. Yesterday I got sick of playing Axis. It's very hard and stressing to beat a sovjet player because LoLspam into is2 And when you finally destroy the fvcker a new one pops. So my friend and I switched and while I realize our rank rating is now different we still had an easy And stressless time winning. I didn't even put effort into playing the Sovjets I was merely fooling around and trying out stuff. While it's true I'll face more difficulty opponents I'll also learn how to play better.

anyway this is just the way I see it. I don't think the allied are OP just that their current way of being played Comes off as less stressful and less punishing.
16 Apr 2015, 10:01 AM

Permanently Banned
Ugh.. This game have come to remind me of warhammer fantasy the board game. In WH you might pick an army that isn't "overpowered" and can be beaten, the issue is that it is so easy to play and won with that most people do regard it as bullshit. Put in another way I have a friend who started out with a faction that required him to know what he was doing, he didn't do well so he switched to the Bo brainer faction - not op faction - and Im yet to beat him.

Sure tournament goers know how to deal with such a faction, the rest of us, however, suffers from it.

This is exactly how I feel COH2 have turned Into. It is very easy for a veteran player to say "herp derp L2P sh1t can be beaten", but it doesn't change how the game might feel for 90% of the players. Yesterday I got sick of playing Axis. It's very hard and stressing to beat a sovjet player because LoLspam into is2 And when you finally destroy the fvcker a new one pops. So my friend and I switched and while I realize our rank rating is now different we still had an easy And stressless time winning. I didn't even put effort into playing the Sovjets I was merely fooling around and trying out stuff. While it's true I'll face more difficulty opponents I'll also learn how to play better.

anyway this is just the way I see it. I don't think the allied are OP just that their current way of being played Comes off as less stressful and less punishing.

Pretty much sums up my experience as Soviets. When the game was out for barely a week, I got it. Soviets were a challenge, fun etc. Now they are just well, experimental forces haha.

Agree with you on what the 'pros' say. When you play this game for hours upon hours upon hours, yes you can probably beat anyone with anything by doing everything. 90 % of the players just want to have a good and fun time without the stress of having to choose a faction that is not hampered by not knowing every little tiny bit of information about it in order to win with it.
16 Apr 2015, 11:37 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Apr 2015, 06:10 AMJohnnyB
Ya, well, maybe, maybe not. In theory all sounds nice.

Like always. My personal favorite is "learn to use mines". The same proposition is not equally valid in a 4v4 as in 1v1.
16 Apr 2015, 11:42 AM

if a better player beats you, blame their skill or your lack of rather than the games balance.

This is very fundamental man, human nature and all. Humans tend to blame subjects which they have no or minimal control over themt. Automatch, Lag, Skill, RNG, etc.

For me, the reasons of losing a game are:

1. 50% L2p
2. 10% teammate (if 1v1, add this to No.1)
3. 30% game balance (mostly maps)
4. 10% RNG

Although after some losses I bitch and cry, but at the end it's mostly L2P specially for average players.
16 Apr 2015, 11:49 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Apr 2015, 11:42 AMRMMLz

This is very fundamental man, human nature and all. Humans tend to blame subjects which they have no or minimal control over themt. Automatch, Lag, Skill, RNG, etc.

Sadly.
And these kind of players are the "forever noobs" type as blaming losses on everything but themselves basically mind blocks them from seeing its them who suck and actually improve.

For me, the reasons of losing a game are:

1. 50% L2p
2. 10% teammate (if 1v1, add this to No.1)
3. 30% game balance (mostly maps)
4. 10% RNG

Although after some losses I bitch and cry, but at the end it's mostly L2P specially for average players.

Me recently playing randumbs, I'd say its 40% L2P 40% team mate 10% balance and 10% RNG.
Balance would batter more for me if I played in "my rank is my phone number" league or top 10.
In the first one, balance matters, because you can just spam most imbalanced unit and effortlessly win.
In the latter, its the first+actual ability to exploit it to the fullest. On the ranks 200-600 there I play, its pretty much mainly skill issue with some bad RNG involved(120mm landing on my freshly LMG upgraded grens feels soo good derp).
16 Apr 2015, 11:51 AM

HueHueHue Warhammer Fantasy such a great game (its been so much of my life)

I agree with you, but a weakness of the gaming community in all forms is the human weakness. As it turns out most people are contempt, not very innovative, and lazy. Just like you said when they are beaten they view it as bullshit but a lot of that comes from them putting 0 effort into learning how to deal with it.

I have seen it too many times, players who try fantasy out and instead of putting any effort forward they give up and go back to playing bro brainer space marines in 40k.

Which "hard" and "easy" armies did he try? I'm guessing the latter was Chaos warriors :snfPeter:
16 Apr 2015, 12:02 PM

Newbie's point of view:

Imho allies (especiallu SU) are just like.. "idiotproof", not necessarily OP.

Which means that they forgive more mistakes. That makes them more accessible to newbies and also that makes them especially dangerous in hands of a "pro" player.
OST can win against allies, but player has to put much more effort in that.

I keep playing OST, even though it's really frustrating to lose most of the time.
16 Apr 2015, 12:04 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Apr 2015, 12:02 PMroarr
Newbie's point of view:

Imho allies (especiallu SU) are just like.. "idiotproof", not necessarily OP.

Which means that they forgive more mistakes. That makes them more accessible to newbies and also that makes them especially dangerous in hands of a "pro" player.
OST can win against allies, but player has to put much more effort in that.

I keep playing OST, even though it's really frustrating to lose most of the time.

SU is "idiotproof" if you know the meta and use it, other wise its definitely the least forgiving. Try using any of the commanders with no call ins (besides the anti tank docterine)
16 Apr 2015, 12:10 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Apr 2015, 11:49 AMKatitof

balance matters, because you can just spam most imbalanced unit and effortlessly win.

On the ranks 200-600 there I play

You play amongst rank 200-600 and make statements like this? Something is wrong with this picture.
16 Apr 2015, 13:16 PM

You play amongst rank 200-600 and make statements like this? Something is wrong with this picture.

At that ranks, for me the thing that matters and makes the difference is the skill, not the balance, not in this patch.
I rarely lose to 'abuses', because I am able to counter them within the skill level I pay in.
Obviously it also is important to note the severity of (im)balance.

Old obers or KT for example, you could do nothing to that no matter how hard you've tried.
But right now, where balance while not completely perfect, is definitely NOT a deciding or even major factor at all.

Oh, and it would be AWESOME if you weren't acting like a dick and pulled half of the sentence out of context and acted like its a separate, independent statement.
16 Apr 2015, 13:32 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Playing this game since launch, it's REALLY funny to read posts like this,boy have times changed.

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Apr 2015, 12:02 PMroarr
Newbie's point of view:

Imho (Axis) (especially OKW) are just like.. "idiotproof", not necessarily OP.

(USF) can win against (OKW,)but player has to put much more effort in that.

I keep playing (USF) even though it's really frustrating to lose most of the time.

You could put any faction in the parenthesis and SOMEONE somewhere would agree with it.

16 Apr 2015, 13:33 PM

HueHueHue Warhammer Fantasy such a great game (its been so much of my life)

I have seen it too many times, players who try fantasy out and instead of putting any effort forward they give up and go back to playing bro brainer space marines in 40k.

Which "hard" and "easy" armies did he try? I'm guessing the latter was Chaos warriors :snfPeter:

It's not actually a "hard" army, but he started out with Skaven. They're very good, but still require you to not completely derp around because they rely on certain stuff.
Unfortunately his first games was against my lizardmen and saurus warriors makes minched meat out of regular clan rats.

He also didn't like the randomness that comes with Skavens.

So he obviously switched to Warriors of Chaos and might lose 1 every 10 games. As a Lizardmen player I have to rely on skinks redirecting because I cannot possibly win any engagement other than very specific ones chosen solely by me.

Can WoC be beaten? SURE, especially by people in tournaments. WoC is a very melee centric army and most people regard the melee aspect of the game as the core of it. Which means that 99% of the time my regular saurus warriors are up against his warriors they'll get beaten into a green pulp. I have to drastically outplay him and my gaming experience is way above his, both game time spent, but also knowledge of the rules. And yet he beat me from the very first game he played with them.

So the issue with CoH2 is that unlike say Starcraft 2 you don't really have a lot of choices. You're either the allied OR the axis. Not a third or fouth option. I remember back when I played SC2 Zerg was generally considered "hard mode", but very playable also among tournament players. Back then you could just switch to either terran or protoss and be happy, it didn't matter that much unless you really wanted to with Zerg.

Now I can either play as Axis and be stressed or Allied and have an easier time having fun. Since I cannot play 8 hours a day and just "learn to adapt/git gud" I've switched sides. I don't overall enjoy playing Sovjets more compared to Axis - I like how OKW plays much more - but ultimately I'm here to have fun and not make this into my second job.

I am, however, confident that eventually the call-in meta will change. Eventually :p
16 Apr 2015, 13:42 PM

Playing this game since launch, it's REALLY funny to read posts like this,boy have times changed.

You could put any faction in the parenthesis and SOMEONE somewhere would agree with it.

seems i must have faced terrible oppenents then since i won most of my soviets games.

whatever
16 Apr 2015, 13:50 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Apr 2015, 13:42 PMroarr

seems i had to face terrible oppenents then since i won most of my soviets game.

whatever

How many games? You can't just try out a faction for 10 games and say "oh this is easy, LOL"

The matchmaker doesn't even give you a BALANCED match up until you've played 20-30 games... Let alone a high level matchup where people actually play properly..

bibi I'm also curious as to how allies are SoOoOoOo OP in your hands and in your mind, when you don't have a notable win ratio with allies at all in any mode, played 0 USF games, and you're primarily an axis player.

There's this thing called "know your enemy."

I'll bet my left nut you come back in a few days with the same or similar win ratio you have as axis once you've actually tried allies for a similar amount of time.
16 Apr 2015, 14:21 PM

Soviet is easy-street. Gigantic mistakes can be made and still the soviet player will be OK. Comeback after comeback can be made at any point of the game. It's a no-fear faction. There's never any fear or worry when playing as SOVIET.

Axis are the opposite.

This is universally accepted as true, it's the real state of things as far back as the games release. Ignoring or pretending it doesn't exist hasn't helped retain the player base much except for the die-hards who stay no matter what (many in this thread). It's a problem.
16 Apr 2015, 14:24 PM

Coh2 ranking is terrible and should not be assessed with skill level. I have faced multiple high ranked and prestige and boy they play like complete idiots.
16 Apr 2015, 14:30 PM

Coh2 ranking is terrible and should not be assessed with skill level. I have faced multiple high ranked and prestige and boy they play like complete idiots.

I think you confused rank with prestige and level, the latter have nothing to do with skill.
16 Apr 2015, 14:43 PM

Soviet is easy-street. Gigantic mistakes can be made and still the soviet player will be OK. Comeback after comeback can be made at any point of the game. It's a no-fear faction. There's never any fear or worry when playing as SOVIET.

Axis are the opposite.

This is universally accepted as true, it's the real state of things as far back as the games release. Ignoring or pretending it doesn't exist hasn't helped retain the player base much except for the die-hards who stay no matter what (many in this thread). It's a problem.

Allies easy mode since release? Someone hasn't paid very much attention to what happened since
PAGES (13)down
2 users are browsing this thread: 2 guests

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS