Login

russian armor

Ostheer, the never ending struggle

PAGES (13)down
14 Apr 2015, 21:18 PM

I like when people on one hand say its impossible to counter an IS2 with Dual Pak guns because they are fragile but thought the Pre Buff Jackson was just fine to deal with King Tigers....

When the Pak...has...better pen, same range...better DPS....is cheaper....

Wow I didn't know Pak guns had tracks that allowed them to move quickly at a moments notice, as well as a crew protected from small arms fire. And since when did the Pak get a turret? That must have been recent.

Crew weapons =/= tanks. You would have had a case if you mentioned the USF AT gun.

The IS2 isn't impossible to counter, but it's a huge pain in the ass and it sucks that when you buy a Tiger your paying the same price as an IS2 for lower armor and worse mobility.
14 Apr 2015, 22:32 PM

No,scenario works in ur mind where u believe flame arty,katyusha ,elite infantry can't dislodge ur pak wall which will take potshots on unsupported is-2 all day.In ur dreams.Without elfant ,ur basically fucked lategame vs soviet..ost has no chance.Tiger will lose 10 out of 10 times.A is-2 supported by zis always wins vs tiger supported by pak.
Then panther is inaccesible in 1 vs 1.Moreover it can't kill is-2 unless its reckless,only deter it from becoming too adventurous.An is-2 backed by zis ,panther can't do anything.

Nothing else will work.pz 4-u get 6 pz 4s,and they will still lsoe because not a single shot will penetrate.

Lately I've been countering the IS2 with Grens to faust it and then 3 Shrek PGrens attacking the IS2, split them up micro them well and hit it from the sides and rear with a damaged engine, and it's dead. Using CAS doctrine strafe all his inf thatt try to come and support it.
14 Apr 2015, 22:56 PM

Bullshit rhetoric.Zis,cons and mines are enough to lol at ur ostwind,now guards lol.
Spacing..first go back and check how big the area of the flame is.Katyusha too has large AOE.U just talk random bullshit.
See soviet casts,very few even bother teching..they just stay with zis and cons.They know nothing ost has that can counter..no artillery..locked out behind T4.Then outcomes 2 is-2 in quick succession..gg.
Ofcourse u stopped building shocks,they were not Op enough for u..now u switched to PTRS bullshit.Well u have relic's blessing....keep rolling.

If you're having trouble with opponents who stall for an is2, start grinding out matches using that strat. Eventually you'll encounter an opponent who'll wreck you. Save that replay, study it, then do what he did. Is2s are strong but they are absolutely beatable.
14 Apr 2015, 23:12 PM

Wow I didn't know Pak guns had tracks that allowed them to move quickly at a moments notice, as well as a crew protected from small arms fire. And since when did the Pak get a turret? That must have been recent.

Crew weapons =/= tanks. You would have had a case if you mentioned the USF AT gun.

The IS2 isn't impossible to counter, but it's a huge pain in the ass and it sucks that when you buy a Tiger your paying the same price as an IS2 for lower armor and worse mobility.

heres a tip:

have all your AT guns bound to 1 control group. i dont normally use control groups, but for select cases (at guns and snipers) i do. keep your at gun group out of sight, behind your lines. when you see enemy armor, attack move to YOUR front line, instead of the enemies. the paks will automatically rotate to engage enemy armor, automatically engage at longest possible distance, and their reaction time is much faster than if you had manually set up the paks and then manually reposition them since theyre only setting up, theyre not tearing down and then setting back up again. this is how you should use AT guns for every faction.
14 Apr 2015, 23:18 PM

heres a tip:

have all your AT guns bound to 1 control group. i dont normally use control groups, but for select cases (at guns and snipers) i do. keep your at gun group out of sight, behind your lines. when you see enemy armor, attack move to YOUR front line, instead of the enemies. the paks will automatically rotate to engage enemy armor, automatically engage at longest possible distance, and their reaction time is much faster than if you had manually set up the paks and then manually reposition them since theyre only setting up, theyre not tearing down and then setting back up again. this is how you should use AT guns for every faction.

I wasn't complaining about the performance of the Pak lol, I was being sarcastic.
14 Apr 2015, 23:29 PM

I just dont like Tigers. Period. I never have in coh2, every time I come back to Tigers, I end up hating them because they are slow. I tend to prefer P4 spam over Tigers, and even then Im thinking of throwing the odd Stug in for TWP.
14 Apr 2015, 23:56 PM

Permanently Banned
I think it will come down to a lot of players leaving due to the fact that relic pretty much said screw you guys, you bought our product, we have the money and now you will wait half a freaking year before we change any 'major' things, oh wait hahahaha we changed so little people wondered if it was a April fools joke.

They stabbed us in the back, they screwed their game up. I know only one other company that has such potency to screw up their product and that is Gaijin from Warthunder. Just like Gaijin, Relic is digging their grave one patch at a time. Unlike Gaijin, Relic takes it's time.

Disgusting if you think about it
15 Apr 2015, 02:22 AM

heres a tip:

I do this all the time. IS2 only has to face the paks in order to make it useless unfortunately :( Thats when you need to spread them out on the flanks but then they are harder to micro and more easily taken out by supporting infantry like shocks.
15 Apr 2015, 07:08 AM

Nathan, get a grip. They made some good positive changes to Ost, without over buffing anything which they have often been known for in the past. Give them a break.

People will moan at literally anything they do.
15 Apr 2015, 07:24 AM

Austerlitz, is tiring to explain people why Ostheer is currently bullshit. Let them enjoy a while the OPness of their beloved faction. There are 3 things that are currently working against IS2, end of story. And they are: Elefant, Tiger Ace and PAK 43. If you don't own Elite Troops, make it 2. If your opponent isn't a total idiot, remove PAK 43 too. So that left you with one reliable option, the Elefant, which meas you are right. Tiger is simply retarded currently. Yes, it will lose 10 times of 10. Yes, you will not ever face a sinle IS2 with your PAK and Tiger. To put it simply, ZIS+IS2 > PAK+Tiger.
GreenDevil mentioned CAS. CAS is okay but it only works on small maps.
Yes, currently playing with Ostheer is the most difficult thing you won't get to much wins.
15 Apr 2015, 08:29 AM

Permanently Banned
Nathan, get a grip. They made some good positive changes to Ost, without over buffing anything which they have often been known for in the past. Give them a break.

People will moan at literally anything they do.

Are you even listening to yourself? They made minor changes after 6 months, that is half of a freaking year. You praise them for doing almost nothing to the balance in 6 months, praise them for what? They sell a product, updating it once every 6 months with minor changes ain't going to cut it. They stress the little player base that hey have as it is, this will be their downfall if they keep up this lazy development.

To be honest, I can hardly wait for it to fall apart for them, they deserve it.
15 Apr 2015, 08:32 AM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post15 Apr 2015, 07:24 AMJohnnyB
Austerlitz, is tiring to explain people why Ostheer is currently bullshit. Let them enjoy a while the OPness of their beloved faction. There are 3 things that are currently working against IS2, end of story. And they are: Elefant, Tiger Ace and PAK 43. If you don't own Elite Troops, make it 2. If your opponent isn't a total idiot, remove PAK 43 too. So that left you with one reliable option, the Elefant, which meas you are right. Tiger is simply retarded currently. Yes, it will lose 10 times of 10. Yes, you will not ever face a sinle IS2 with your PAK and Tiger. To put it simply, ZIS+IS2 > PAK+Tiger.
GreenDevil mentioned CAS. CAS is okay but it only works on small maps.
Yes, currently playing with Ostheer is the most difficult thing you won't get to much wins.

This

Yet people will say that the buff to the sniper and the scout car will result in you having far better chances as Ost, sure the scout car will destroy that IS2, sure the scout car and snipers will wipe rifle squads just like they can melt away grenns from all ranges.

Fables my friends, fables
15 Apr 2015, 08:33 AM

Are you even listening to yourself? They made minor changes after 6 months, that is half of a freaking year. You praise them for doing almost nothing to the balance in 6 months, praise them for what? They sell a product, updating it once every 6 months with minor changes ain't going to cut it. They stress the little player base that hey have as it is, this will be their downfall if they keep up this lazy development.

To be honest, I can hardly wait for it to fall apart for them, they deserve it.

Are you really that dumb to make yourself believe that fixing ost vs USF early game and buffing them against sov all at the same time is "minor change"?

There is nothing wrong with their mid game and they always had strong late game so no changes were needed there. Their only big problem was early game against USF and guess what? Thats exactly what patch fixed.

The MIMIMI mentality of certain players is simply astonishing.
15 Apr 2015, 08:36 AM

I don't see IS-2 as a big problem for Ostheer.
15 Apr 2015, 08:54 AM

This

Yet people will say that the buff to the sniper and the scout car will result in you having far better chances as Ost, sure the scout car will destroy that IS2, sure the scout car and snipers will wipe rifle squads just like they can melt away grenns from all ranges.

Fables my friends, fables

Not only this. But the scout car will kill the PTRS blob too. :rolleyes:
What are we talking about? Let's get serious. The "buffs" for Ostheer were just smoke in the eyes. Thrown by a soviet mortar that is.
15 Apr 2015, 10:28 AM

Not that it's going to happen, but would Ostheer be any better balanced if the PaK was moved to T1? Meaning that you wouldn't be forced to pay an exorbitant amount of fuel in order to have a viable counter to fast US light vehicles?

Maybe the Sniper or the Mortar could be moved to T2.
15 Apr 2015, 10:50 AM

I never said Ost is perfect now. But they have improved, and are much closer matched to the others now IMO, esspecially as OKW came down a little.

What I did say, is be thankful they didnt overbuff something.. like scout car to the levels of a Panzer Elite Armoured Car for example.

15 Apr 2015, 11:00 AM

What I did say, is be thankful they didnt overbuff something.. like scout car to the levels of a Panzer Elite Armoured Car for example.

And that would be wrong because....:huh:
15 Apr 2015, 11:10 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Apr 2015, 11:00 AMJohnnyB

And that would be wrong because....:huh:

I don't know.
Imagine M20 killing a model every 5 seconds from max range.
You see the picture yet?
15 Apr 2015, 11:45 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Apr 2015, 11:10 AMKatitof

I don't know.
Imagine M20 killing a model every 5 seconds from max range.
You see the picture yet?

Would this be so much different from what it does allready? Besides, killing one model at 5 seconds would be nasty for grenadiers, so-so for volkgrenadiers and rifles, and not such a big deal for soviets. Model numbers in a squad it's not counted among soviet weaknesses ya know.
PAGES (13)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 42
Germany 771
unknown 6

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %