Login

russian armor

Ostheer, the never ending struggle

PAGES (13)down
15 Apr 2015, 11:52 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Apr 2015, 11:45 AMJohnnyB

Would this be so much different from what it does allready? Besides, killing one model at 5 seconds would be nasty for grenadiers, so-so for volkgrenadiers and rifles, and not such a big deal for soviets. Model numbers in a squad it's not counted among soviet weaknesses ya know.

Considering it needs 20 seconds of shooting while stationary at max range at no cover pio?
Answer it yourself.
Also answer yourself how would the bigger squad count matter if you got 2 of them.
I'd love to see 222 and M20 getting long range DPS buffs, so they are actually a threat, but 222 in coh1 was deemed fragile, but with overpowered DPS. And as an avid user of them back then, yea, it would be absolutely horrible to have something like that in coh2. Middle ground between that and current coh2 222 would be sufficient.
meh
15 Apr 2015, 12:01 PM

Relic has NEVER gotten the Model Counts correct, do you remember when the game first came out and ostheer mortar and MG teams were 3 men squad each? And than they increased it to four? The simple fact that the game released in this manner tells me one of two things 1) They never fully tested the balance even within beta 2) They just hot fixed the situation without real analysis. I mean they only had two armies at the time why was it so difficult or complicated?

It's a good thing Relic just makes computer games for kids, because their non-existent QA department doesn't seem to be able to do anything. You the players are the QA department, which is kinda pathetic, especially after a release. They probably don't even know what SDLC even is (Software Development Life cycle). Alot of companies, including the one I work for, wouldn't be able to stay afloat with those current parameters in place.
15 Apr 2015, 13:52 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Apr 2015, 08:54 AMJohnnyB

Not only this. But the scout car will kill the PTRS blob too. :rolleyes:
What are we talking about? Let's get serious. The "buffs" for Ostheer were just smoke in the eyes. Thrown by a soviet mortar that is.

Don't build a scout car then? How long did we have this game for? We all know Ost vs Sov match up will entail, there are no surprises there. Counter everything accordingly as we have been doing this sine 2013. Con spam can be stopped with MG-42 and Gren LMGs.

Nathanm, don't be a moron and compare Scout car vs IS2.
15 Apr 2015, 14:23 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post15 Apr 2015, 07:24 AMJohnnyB
Austerlitz, is tiring to explain people why Ostheer is currently bullshit. Let them enjoy a while the OPness of their beloved faction. There are 3 things that are currently working against IS2, end of story. And they are: Elefant, Tiger Ace and PAK 43.

L2p

Ost has no issues killing an is2. Like a said a million times, Double paks with either a faust, mine, or stun round from pak. will Be a DEAD IS2. Its too slow with a damaged engine to escape the paks and when stunned with 2 paks firing. Its already dead.

OKW struggles a bit more, but not by much. Reketens do penetrate often just like Shreks. The only thing u have to worry about is the rekettens being whiped. And there is always the option of a well-placed pak43

If u see that ur opponent when Is2's. This can be easily punished in many ways

CAS to basically bring IS2 down to 30% in one pass ( also strafe pesky infrantry so they can de-crew uyr paks

Spotting scopes to allow u to use the full potential of ur AT weapons

and Lighting war, u get tiger, g43's, and Skill strafe

But if usf had m1919's, pershing, and p47 in one commander, i bet the axis fanboys would cry of OP'ness

LAstely, u need to learn how to punish any player that waits for call-ins. Bleed the sov player by rushing a fast AA HT, Luchs, P4, or Ostwind. Then prepare for his cal-ins.

There is no reason why u fail to prepare for the inevitable, then come on these forums to complain that sov are impossible to beat when every issue u "claim" is a l2p issue.

15 Apr 2015, 14:25 PM

L2p

Ost has no issues killing an is2. Like a said a million times, Double paks with either a faust, mine, or stun round from pak. will Be a DEAD IS2. Its too slow with a damaged engine to escape the paks and when stunned with 2 paks firing. Its already dead.

OKW struggles a bit more, but not by much. Reketens do penetrate often just like Shreks. The only thing u have to worry about is the rekettens being whiped. And there is always the option of a well-placed pak43

CAS to basically bring IS2 down to 30% in one pass ( also strafe pesky infrantry so they can de-crew uyr paks

Spotting scout to allow u to use the full potential of ur AT weapons

But if usf had m1919's, pershing, and p47 in one commander, i bet the axis fanboys would cry of OP'ness

15 Apr 2015, 14:28 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post15 Apr 2015, 08:33 AMKatitof

Are you really that dumb to make yourself believe that fixing ost vs USF early game and buffing them against sov all at the same time is "minor change"?

There is nothing wrong with their mid game and they always had strong late game so no changes were needed there. Their only big problem was early game against USF and guess what? Thats exactly what patch fixed.

The MIMIMI mentality of certain players is simply astonishing.

The people still hanging on to relic and the believe that they will deliver is astonishing in it's own right as well ;)

If they can purge money, ooh they are so potent, if not, they won't do sh*t
15 Apr 2015, 14:33 PM

Permanently Banned

Don't build a scout car then? How long did we have this game for? We all know Ost vs Sov match up will entail, there are no surprises there. Counter everything accordingly as we have been doing this sine 2013. Con spam can be stopped with MG-42 and Gren LMGs.

Nathanm, don't be a moron and compare Scout car vs IS2.

Then don't be a moron in saying that Ostheer has received buffs that make it more potent, they aren't. They still get stomped very easily. If I face a Ostheer player as USF, I just spam riflemen, get a fast m20, then go shermans and a Jackson just to be safe. Some bars on my riflemen, let them rape anything from all ranges and were good: GG
15 Apr 2015, 14:36 PM

Permanently Banned

L2p

Spotting scopes to allow u to use the full potential of ur AT weapons

LAstely, u need to learn how to punish any player that waits for call-ins. Bleed the sov player by rushing a fast AA HT, Luchs, P4, or Ostwind. Then prepare for his cal-ins.

There is no reason why u fail to prepare for the inevitable, then come on these forums to complain that sov are impossible to beat when every issue u "claim" is a l2p issue.

It's funny, whenever I see you post something, it is usually something in the line of L2P. Yet when we are talking basic faction design, which is flawed, you proclaim L2P?

Mhhkay
15 Apr 2015, 14:56 PM

Permanently Banned

It's funny, whenever I see you post something, it is usually something in the line of L2P. Yet when we are talking basic faction design, which is flawed, you proclaim L2P?

Mhhkay

No he wasn't

He was trying to convince us that IS2's are impossible

Im telling him that he needs to l2p, very simple

He played a game as Ost, failed to prepare for IS2's and now wants us to belive that the unit is "OP". When in reality, it is indeed a L2P issue.
15 Apr 2015, 15:08 PM

Permanently Banned

No he wasn't

He was trying to convince us that IS2's are impossible

Im telling him that he needs to l2p, very simple

He played a game as Ost, failed to prepare for IS2's and now wants us to belive that the unit is "OP". When in reality, it is indeed a L2P issue.

I see, my bad. My apologies dear sir
15 Apr 2015, 15:17 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Apr 2015, 11:10 AMKatitof

I don't know.
Imagine M20 killing a model every 5 seconds from max range.
You see the picture yet?

Then it would be a T-70
15 Apr 2015, 15:18 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Apr 2015, 12:01 PMmeh
Relic has NEVER gotten the Model Counts correct, do you remember when the game first came out and ostheer mortar and MG teams were 3 men squad each? And than they increased it to four? The simple fact that the game released in this manner tells me one of two things 1) They never fully tested the balance even within beta 2) They just hot fixed the situation without real analysis. I mean they only had two armies at the time why was it so difficult or complicated?

That is 100% truth! Original design was poorly conceived then begrudgingly changed--only after RELIC could no longer lie to themselves. The situation is still terribly imbalanced.
15 Apr 2015, 15:25 PM

Then it would be a T-70

Exactly.
Not really early game suitable lethality on something costing 1/3 of fuel and being available at 4-5 min mark.
15 Apr 2015, 17:10 PM

If soviets are so op you guys should be able to beat me if I play ostheer...right?

Edit: or as usf
15 Apr 2015, 18:05 PM

If soviets are so op you guys should be able to beat me if I play ostheer...right?

Edit: or as usf

No need to invite these n00bs to a game, I bet half them actually click on the retreat button instead of hitting "T".
15 Apr 2015, 18:06 PM

if a better player beats you, blame their skill or your lack of rather than the games balance.
16 Apr 2015, 01:20 AM
Patrion 28

that's not always the case, old obers being a good example. you don't have to be entirely on par with someone to see when something is broken.
16 Apr 2015, 01:29 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

The thought process should be:
"Did I do everything that could reasonably be expected to deal with what happened in the game?"

Then "Did my opponent?"

Then you can start wondering "Or could one of the things we used be a bit out of the balance loop? (Maybe not even your opponent's stuff is broke, just one of yours was crap!)"
16 Apr 2015, 05:11 AM

if a better player beats you, blame their skill or your lack of rather than the games balance.

Only 5% of the community during the whole life cycle of the game.
16 Apr 2015, 05:44 AM

the thing is that players have proven time and time again that it is possible to win as all 4 factions. its not like one faction is blatantly overpowered in this patch, they all have their tools that the player can choose or choose not to use.
PAGES (13)down
2 users are browsing this thread: 2 guests

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS