Login

russian armor

Ostheer Artillery: 105mm, Panzerwerfer

9 Jul 2015, 13:07 PM

And I guess your T4 truck is deployed in base as well, isn't it?

Often right outside of my base just to cover my cut-off. I don't like losing my base buildings. :p
9 Jul 2015, 13:09 PM
Patrion 14

What exactly is the argument about? This thread is about artillery, not OKW trucks.

I think that soviet artillery is fine honestly. It is fairly good, and can do its job well when not countered by recon + Stuka, but that is another problem.

The ostheer artillery on the other hand, needs help. It either needs less scatter than the ml-20, or to fire more shells (maybe 4 more). This way, they both have viable roles and are worth their price.

The Panzerwerfer needs as much hp and armor as a stuka. This will reinforce it's role as an assault rocket arty platform. If not hp + armor, it needs less scatter at further distances, or maybe suppression.
9 Jul 2015, 13:10 PM

Often right outside of my base just to cover my cut-off. I don't like losing my base buildings. :p

Quod erat demonstrandum. Thank you for agreeing with me. I was refferring to all OKW buildings. Just curios: you often start with Puma building (T3), right?

@comm_ash
I agree with your points related to german and soviet howies though I strongly believe a tiny cost decrease will help too.
9 Jul 2015, 13:18 PM

I prefer to open with in-base medtruck most of the time. I very rarely go t3 first. Since the Pupchen buff I have not really needed a fast puma all that much anymore.
9 Jul 2015, 13:24 PM

I prefer to open with in-base medtruck most of the time. I very rarely go t3 first. Since the Pupchen buff I have not really needed a fast puma all that much anymore.

Then I don't really agree with your opening with T2 in base, but this is another thing, though I understand your reasons, I don't like losing buildings eather. In my opinion, there is a reason for which okw base buildings have weals and give you an idea about how this faction should be played. The fact that some players are using a more safe / secured strategy like you (with only T4 outside base) and others like to be more agressive, constructing a sim city outside base does not cotradict the general rule and idea of the faction.
9 Jul 2015, 14:31 PM

In little map there is no real benefit to place medic truck outside your base
9 Jul 2015, 15:45 PM

I very rarely deploy my medic truck outside of my base, yet OKW is my highest ranking faction. Fuck me, right? :foreveralone:

Speaking from a 2v2 perspective on small maps this seems fine but on most maps I find it a bad idea
10 Jul 2015, 17:26 PM

The Katyusha is too much better than panzerwerfer, better range,less scatter, lower reload time, and cheaper tech cost...

The werfer is just S-H-I-T now. As an OST player, I never use it.

You must push the werfer on the enemy's face to fire more accurately. Just good design for an artilley unit lol.
10 Jul 2015, 17:37 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Jul 2015, 17:26 PMatouba
The Katyusha is too much better than panzerwerfer, better range,less scatter, lower reload time, and cheaper tech cost...

The werfer is just S-H-I-T now. As an OST player, I never use it.

You must push the werfer on the enemy's face to fire more accurately. Just good design for an artilley unit lol.
The funny thing about this is, that players already complained about an ineffective Panzerwerfer and general lack of attractiveness of Ostheer T4 a year ago. Relics answer to this was increasing the Panzerwerfers reload time. :rofl:
10 Jul 2015, 17:55 PM
Patrion 14

Both the ISU commanders are in the meta now thanks to the Guards PTRS buff. Mark target + ISU is extremely good.

How are both ISU commanders in the meta thanks to the Guard PTRS buff when only one of them has guards? (the other has shocks and no mark target) ;)
10 Jul 2015, 18:10 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

I heard AT gun camouflage is meta :ph34r:

----------------

Start by giving the 105mm more damage and/or more shells. Give to both static arties suppression.

Panzerwerfer: just reduce cooldown.
In the same way Maxims are not meant to be use to lockdown territories and have more an offensive role, PW is meant to be use with shift queues orders. Go to the front, barrage, retreat back.
Burst damage vs DoT

10 Jul 2015, 18:51 PM

How are both ISU commanders in the meta thanks to the Guard PTRS buff when only one of them has guards? (the other has shocks and no mark target) ;)

Your quoting a several month old post. I meant that previously that there was 1 super meta ISU commander, and now there are two! :)
10 Jul 2015, 19:40 PM

For the record, it's best to put trucks on the outskirts of the base. Not quite in HQ sector but not in the middle of the gardening map.
10 Jul 2015, 23:30 PM

For the record, it's best to put trucks on the outskirts of the base. Not quite in HQ sector but not in the middle of the gardening map.

No kidding putting a truck in the middle of the map is just asking to be artied to death.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★