Login

russian armor

Ostheer Artillery: 105mm, Panzerwerfer

9 Jul 2015, 07:17 AM

LefH18 when it was good, was completely fine, and now they nerfed it into a total shit.

May the RNGgod smile at you let that LefH18 vet into vet 1 then it has some use, but god knows how hard it is.

When it was good, you mean when it had broken cooldown that started at the start of the volley instead at end of it and when it shot 12 times?

When did those NOT hurting your brain?
This guy fanatically biased to Allies, posting shit like 24/7.

I seriously protest against the mod permanently banned lolcake but not him, they simply have no difference except their biased target.

9 Jul 2015, 08:50 AM
Donator 33

I guess relic got tired of players just spamming artillery to the enemy HQ....

"105mm Howitzer"

These changes reduce the viability of artillery saturation on the opposing player’s base. Additionally, howitzers should feel more organic with the changes to reload.
Reload time from 2.75 to 2.25-2.75
Shots fired per barrage from 12 to 6
Crew size from 3 to 4
"152mm Howitzer"

These changes reduce the viability of artillery saturation on the opposing player’s base. Additionally, howitzers should feel more organic with the changes to reload.
Shots fired per barrage from 8 to 4
Reload time from 3 to 2.8-3.2
Barrage recharge time from 120s to 90s
Crew size from 3 to 4
9 Jul 2015, 08:55 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Jul 2015, 08:50 AMATCF
I guess relic got tired of players just spamming artillery to the enemy HQ....

"105mm Howitzer"

Reload time from 2.75 to 2.25-2.75
Shots fired per barrage from 12 to 6
Crew size from 3 to 4
"152mm Howitzer"

Shots fired per barrage from 8 to 4
Reload time from 3 to 2.8-3.2
Barrage recharge time from 120s to 90s
Crew size from 3 to 4

Easy fix = unallow barrage in the base, but better render arty useless am i right ?
9 Jul 2015, 08:57 AM

Easy fix = unallow barrage in the base, but better render arty useless am i right ?

If

unallow arty barrage on base

allow arty raining on OKW truck

lol?
9 Jul 2015, 08:59 AM

I have had some nice successes with the 105mm leFH. It's an excellent counter to the Katyusha, especially once it gets vet1 which allows it to return fire on Katyhshas even before they have revealed themselves.
9 Jul 2015, 09:04 AM

Werfer is just terrible. I dont mind tech costs and bla bla, but when I reach it, I want it to be reliable, not that crap which kills 2 guys from a weapon team.

Also lefh pretty bad, in my opinion pretty innaccurate...
9 Jul 2015, 09:17 AM

If

unallow arty barrage on base

allow arty raining on OKW truck

lol?

Deploy OKW truck outside your base ? high risk high reward

9 Jul 2015, 09:54 AM

I agree, Ostheer deserves best or second best in class in every ingame unit category. Wehrmacht was the finest fighting force of the war.
9 Jul 2015, 10:05 AM

Howitzers being able to move around is a good idea independent of the Stuka strike/AT strafe. It would make them a lot more viable.

No.

then what do you use to counter static arty spam anymore? Tank rush?
9 Jul 2015, 10:14 AM

Permanently Banned
I agree, Ostheer deserves best or second best in class in every ingame unit category. Wehrmacht was the finest fighting force of the war.

lol
9 Jul 2015, 10:18 AM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post10 Apr 2015, 11:54 AMKatitof
At least Ost doesn't have to be worried about allied players insta countering it with 2 clicks with most popular doctrines and soviet bombing runs are not guaranteed kills anymore on static emplacements.

Although your bias is uncanny, you have a point here. I always have CAS loaded just in case of B4 cheese or other arty/katty spam.

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Apr 2015, 11:54 AMKatitof
Both howis could use a bit shorter cooldowns as well.

True and the Panzerwerfer needs some love, it is neither cost effective nor in any shape or form a fearfull weapon. The kattyusha however, I love to use it and I love to see how enemies insta retreat when they hear it fire. If one hears a Panzerwerfer fire, lol don't mind me sit right here and lose 3-5 models at most :bananadance:
9 Jul 2015, 10:42 AM
Donator 33

Do Stuka Dive Bombs even destroy howitzers after the lates patch?

I mean, support weapons can't get destroyed anymore because they have to be decrewed first.

Sturmtigers, for instance, don't destroy support weapons anymore.
9 Jul 2015, 11:38 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Jul 2015, 05:15 AMWygrif

This. Weak arty is good for the game.

Yet the differences between the ost arty and the su arty is a joke. fuck it even the usf has better arty in the form of howie carrier. i would not mind seeing the panzerwerfer morrored with the katusha.
9 Jul 2015, 11:48 AM

Deploy OKW truck outside your base ? high risk high reward

Then why in the name of Hades it's A TRUCK and it's MOBILE? To be deployed inside the base?!?
The level of logic in these forums is astounding.
9 Jul 2015, 11:57 AM

Then why in the name of Hades it's A TRUCK and it's MOBILE? To be deployed inside the base?!?
The level of logic in these forums is astounding.

Oh, I don't know, because its a leftover from completely scrapped OKW tech-economy mechanic and since they have scrapped it DAYS before the release it wouldn't made much sense to completely redesign the concept of trucks?

Right now you have really simple decision to make.
Outside of base sector for FHQ and free area denial, but together with the risks involved or inside base sector, like other armies, still with free benefits, but with no disadvantage?
9 Jul 2015, 12:06 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Jul 2015, 05:41 AMGrumpy

With only 80 penetration at range and a range of 40, it can be tough to get them vet in anything above a 2v2. I hadn't noticed the reload, but then didn't use them much anyway.

I did have someone use a couple of them against me in a 1v1. They still die to JP4, raketen and shreks fast. Having someone shoot B4 at Panzer Schwerer can be somewhat worrisome, but, in that game on Semoisky, it didn't actually hit anything.

The reason why the KV1 is good is because of PIV meta. A KV1 can easily beat a PIV due to the KV1 being able to bounce the PIV's shots. Like don't get me wrong the KV1 ain't no game winner by itself but you can call it in numbers at 8 CP and for low DPS tanks like the Panther it can be a real problem.

They are better on more close range maps like Trois Point, but Iv never found the doctrine to be bad at all especially with For Mother Russia + shock troops.

No.

then what do you use to counter static arty spam anymore? Tank rush?

If he is constantly having to move his artillery piece around then he won't be firing it. I mean you already can't guarantee kills against Priests and Katyusha's....

Outside of base sector for FHQ and free area denial, but together with the risks involved or inside base sector, like other armies, still with free benefits, but with no disadvantage?

Deploying your medic truck in the base sector is a great idea if you like having 0 map control and losing the game.
9 Jul 2015, 12:54 PM

Deploying your medic truck in the base sector is a great idea if you like having 0 map control and losing the game.

He has no idea what he should do while playing with OKW, what do you expect of him? The only situation when a T2 (medic truck) may be built in base - questionable even then - is when you started with T3 (Puma building) while placing T4 forward would still be required. There is no such thing as choise between having OKW buildings on the field or keep them all in base. At least T4 must be built outside, even if you build it defensively, close to your base, protecting a cutoff, VP or fuel point ....

Such are the people who filled forums with tears related to every single OKW unit OPness: knowing nothing about this faction, how it's supposed to be played and why. Pff...
9 Jul 2015, 12:58 PM
Patrion 14

But then you have to be willing to pay extra for those great units. Manpower is equal among all factions incomewise, so all unit costs should directly correlate with their strength. Thats why better units cost more. If you let units cost the same as inferior units, then you are breaking cost efficiency.

It is for this exact reason why OKW units cost the same as they would in any other army, they just take longer to collect the fuel.
9 Jul 2015, 13:00 PM

I very rarely deploy my medic truck outside of my base, yet OKW is my highest ranking faction. Fuck me, right? :foreveralone:
9 Jul 2015, 13:02 PM

I very rarely deploy my medic truck outside of my base, yet OKW is my highest ranking faction. Fuck me, right? :foreveralone:

And I guess your T4 truck is deployed in base as well, isn't it?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★