Login

russian armor

British Faction, what do you want to see?

PAGES (17)down
21 Apr 2015, 00:20 AM

Would be cool to see a tortoise since we already have the JagdTiger might as well throw in T95 for USF and Object 704 for USSR Kappa. Also I've seen plenty of KRUPP STAHL post on this forum.
21 Apr 2015, 01:57 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Apr 2015, 18:23 PMkamk

Actually that looks more like Saturn or Jupiter.

"Jove is an alternative name for the Roman god Jupiter."

Operation Jupiter was part of the Battle for Caen and involved the British.

We've literally found numerous references to British unit packs in the files after recent patches bro.
21 Apr 2015, 02:40 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Apr 2015, 19:45 PMNapalm

LOL. I had completely forgotten about this ability. Nice one.

Churchills with free tank shock ability, Kappa

Suppress and pin dem Volk schreck blobs with your tanks MVGame
21 Apr 2015, 03:20 AM

well my question is why not they just add north africa area in the game. so we can have Afrika Korps for axis and make it be a axis force that don't have heavy tanks? (I don't remember there is any german heavy tank in North Africa Campaign, but might be wrong)

another thought i want Bren Machine gun as a upgrade and can choose to setup as roll of HMG, but with same arc as maxim but need reload way more often and can upgrade once more to able to fire longer but lost mobility (30 bullet mag to 100 bullet pan mag) that can't fire while moving like LMG42. (I remember i can use it as LMG and setup as HMG while i play DOD back in the days, love it)
21 Apr 2015, 03:32 AM
Benefactor 340

well my question is why not they just add north africa area in the game. so we can have Afrika Korps for axis and make it be a axis force that don't have heavy tanks? (I don't remember there is any german heavy tank in North Africa Campaign, but might be wrong)

That is true, i think that if Relic wants to create the complete world war 2 platform in Coh then they there are two more fronts that need to be covered and those are Africa and the pacific. They had western front armies so they should create a Africa front and Pacific front as separate DLCs Africa can add Afrika corps and British or ANZACS possibly and the for the Pasific they can have the Japanese imperial army and the U.S. marines.

then they would have the most complete ww2 platform short of adding poland France, Belgium Italy and Greece
21 Apr 2015, 03:35 AM

You people do realize at the time COH2 takes place that is 1944 During the bulge as of WFA afrika corps would literally make zero sense as they are all long gone? I mean sure you could still do it, but like a pacific expansion would have to separate from the main game.
21 Apr 2015, 03:39 AM

You people do realize at the time COH2 takes place that is 1944 During the bulge as of WFA afrika corps would literally make zero sense as they are all long gone? I mean sure you could still do it, but like a pacific expansion would have to separate from the main game.

They have DLC for 1941-1943 short missions i don't see why not have Afrika corp :D well they prob have the worst tanks that is for sure
21 Apr 2015, 03:40 AM

They have DLC for 1941-1943 short missions i don't see why not have Afrika corp :D

If your talking about a TOW expansion then sure why not. Problem is most people are talking this as an actual multiplayer faction.
21 Apr 2015, 03:41 AM

We shouldn't be worried about any immersion breaking from this sort of thing--after all, we have plenty of glaring fictitious elements and impossible scenarios at work in CoH2 already.
21 Apr 2015, 03:56 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Apr 2015, 03:41 AMJaedrik

We shouldn't be worried about any immersion breaking from this sort of thing--after all, we have plenty of glaring fictitious elements and impossible scenarios at work in CoH2 already.

Lines have to be made. US fighting alongside USSR...meh I can get behind it. Low numbered vehicles that saw little to no actual combat use (sturmtiger ostiwind) I can get behind that too. An entire army group that ceased to exist a few years back poofing from thin air in 1944/45 I cannot get behind. Also all of their equipment would be horribly out of date and just the same as both German factions have.
21 Apr 2015, 04:08 AM

Lines have to be made. US fighting alongside USSR...meh I can get behind it. Low numbered vehicles that saw little to no actual combat use (sturmtiger ostiwind) I can get behind that too. An entire army group that ceased to exist a few years back poofing from thin air in 1944/45 I cannot get behind. Also all of their equipment would be horribly out of date and just the same as both German factions have.

not few years, it is only about 1 year, north africa campaign end in may 1943. yes they prob have poor equipment like no panther or any heavy tanks. but they are rich in munitions and oil and lots P4,P3, P2
21 Apr 2015, 04:11 AM

not few years, it is only about 1 year, north africa campaign end in may 1943. yes they prob have poor equipment like no panther or any heavy tanks. but they are rich in munitions and oil and lots P4,P3, P2

Yeah basically all the same equipment the current two german faction have as which point we have to ask can we make a unique and meaningful faction, I would venture to say no
21 Apr 2015, 04:15 AM

Yeah basically all the same equipment the current two german faction have as which point we have to ask can we make a unique and meaningful faction, I would venture to say no

maybe some Italian units and tanks? well i just want P3 :)
21 Apr 2015, 04:18 AM

Afrika Korps army is a stupid idea but a combined Italo-German army can represent Afrika Korps in Theatre of War or campaign missions while also using 1944 style equipment for the latter Italian campaign.
21 Apr 2015, 04:21 AM

maybe some Italian units and tanks? well i just want P3 :)

Italian Tanks?

http://www.tanks-encyclopedia.com/ww2/italy/Carro_Armato_Pesante_P26-40.php

this was Italy's strongest Tank. take note of the fact its designated a Heavy Tank. This so called heavy tank weighed the same as every other contemporary nations medium tank and had comparable armament. The thing even sported RIVETED ARMOR FOR PETES SAKE that so called heavy tank was barely a match for early Sherman Variants
21 Apr 2015, 05:40 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Apr 2015, 18:30 PMKatitof

Remind me again how sloped Tigers 120mm was again? That should show some reference.

neither the tiger nor the churchill had slopped armor.
21 Apr 2015, 05:45 AM

Pure thickness indicates the Churchill was tougher than a Tiger, was it in practice? Or was it only thicker at very specific points (like the turret) but otherwise comparable or weaker? It's 38T to the Tiger's 54, so something's gotta give.
21 Apr 2015, 06:10 AM

Permanently Banned
Make brits as OP as pre-patch OKW
21 Apr 2015, 06:22 AM

neither the tiger nor the churchill had slopped armor.
That's why Panther and King Tiger frontal armor was better, it was thick but the slope is what did the trick. Tiger tank is just a rolling brick with thick armor.
21 Apr 2015, 06:57 AM

I am really excited to see the brit playstyle in CoH2 because it will most likely be something new. The reason behind this is that Relic mixed many thing of vCoH's British Forces into the USF gameplay from CoH2. So they can't simply mirror the vCoH faction to CoH2.

I already made a thread about this months ago:
http://www.coh2.org/topic/30912/british-forces-vs.-afrikakorps--my-suggestions
PAGES (17)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment