Login

russian armor

Forwarded base and OKW trucks territory mechanism

8 Apr 2015, 16:37 PM

Sov merge isn't really considered as field reinforcement as you can't keep the field presence by using it, squad needs to retreat anyway, you just have more choice over which one exactly.

Ambulance can move, but its hardy mobile(a car with mobility of KT, except slower).

Ost is the only faction with real on field reinforcement, OKW creates rather forward stronghold then field reinforcement platform.

Merge is extremely useful. So sad to see it underrated.

Its one of the biggest assets Soviets have.
8 Apr 2015, 16:39 PM

I would recommend playing more than 1 game of OKW before asking to radically change one of the core elements of the faction. OKW's early game weakness makes the BG HQ often very necessary in order to keep field presence and on the lines fighting as long as possible.

If your fighting a player who put a forward med truck up just use it to your advantage and concentrate all your indirect on it to wipe squads on retreat.

Early game weakness? What?

Volks + Sturmpios + Kübel seems weak to you? Im perfectly fine without a med truck. Going mech truck first 90% of the time.
8 Apr 2015, 16:42 PM

Early game weakness? What?

Volks + Sturmpios + Kübel seems weak to you? Im perfectly fine without a med truck. Going mech truck first 90% of the time.

Volks are fairly underwhelming early game thanks to their poor DPS and one less model than cons. Sturms are great but your not going to want to make more than 1 during the early game and the Kubel isn't good on every map.

OKW early game isn't bad, but in comparison to USF and Soviets early game it's rather anemic.
8 Apr 2015, 16:52 PM

Sov merge isn't really considered as field reinforcement as you can't keep the field presence by using it, squad needs to retreat anyway, you just have more choice over which one exactly.

Ambulance can move, but its hardy mobile(a car with mobility of KT, except slower).

Ost is the only faction with real on field reinforcement, OKW creates rather forward stronghold then field reinforcement platform.

There is no other forward reinforcement if you can't keep field presence anyway.

Anyway, I start enjoying reading your Soviet propaganda. :)
8 Apr 2015, 16:59 PM

Volks are fairly underwhelming early game thanks to their poor DPS and one less model than cons.

Jesus Christ will you stop talking about volks as if they're somehow incapable at fighting infantry.

http://www.coh2-stats.com/compare?utf8=%E2%9C%93&squad1=volksgrenadier_squad_mp&squad2=conscript_squad_mp&commit=Compare

Even at point blank cons barely have more DPS, and they have a huge advantage at long range. Ergo, stick in cover and force cons to advance, and watch as you win the firefight.

Volks. Are. Not. Weak.

They are the most under costed units in the game with reliable nades, readily available AT, cover building and some of the best, most easily obtained veterancy going. Plus cold immunity, for some reason.
8 Apr 2015, 17:04 PM

There is no other forward reinforcement if you can't keep field presence anyway.

I'll translate Katitof's word to Axis fanboy language:
Unlike Sdkfz.251, Battlegroup HQ and Ambulance merge doesn't give you more squad members (aka overall hit points). You just transform one squad member type to another (with exception of shocks because of armor). It isn't exactly REINFORCEMENT at all.
8 Apr 2015, 17:25 PM

Unlike Sdkfz.251, Battlegroup HQ and Ambulance merge doesn't give you more squad members (aka overall hit points). You just transform one squad member type to another (with exception of shocks because of armor). It isn't exactly REINFORCEMENT at all.

I always use my Cons as backup of my Guards, when squad number becomes low, I use merge.
It is considered as reinforcing of course.

And, M5? FHQ?
Anyway I predict he would said how "trash" they are.
8 Apr 2015, 17:43 PM

Merge is extremely useful. So sad to see it underrated.

Its one of the biggest assets Soviets have.

I almost always dedicate and squad for reinforcement, merge until it's 1 man then retreat. It's cheaper, and unlike other factions you don't have to pay fuel, and you have one more squad to cap and defend your flank. I'm not saying it's as good as M5 or Ostheer's HT, but it's not that bad.
8 Apr 2015, 17:53 PM

I'm dying to know what you think of alex posts then if you believe mine to be propaganda.
8 Apr 2015, 18:00 PM

I'm dying to know what you think of alex posts then if you believe mine to be propaganda.

Same, that's why I said I start enjoying those. Kappa
8 Apr 2015, 18:56 PM

Jesus Christ will you stop talking about volks as if they're somehow incapable at fighting infantry.

http://www.coh2-stats.com/compare?utf8=%E2%9C%93&squad1=volksgrenadier_squad_mp&squad2=conscript_squad_mp&commit=Compare

Even at point blank cons barely have more DPS, and they have a huge advantage at long range. Ergo, stick in cover and force cons to advance, and watch as you win the firefight.

Volks. Are. Not. Weak.

They are the most under costed units in the game with reliable nades, readily available AT, cover building and some of the best, most easily obtained veterancy going. Plus cold immunity, for some reason.

To bad if your spending muni on nades your not getting that AT. The veterancy they get is what makes up for them being worse at the early game. But your discounting the fact they have less models than conscripts so if they lose one they are at a bigger disadvantage.

If your relying on Volks for your AI, you going to lose.

Kettle meet Pot. Thank you more 0 OKW games for accusing people of fanboyism.
8 Apr 2015, 19:11 PM

To bad if your spending muni on nades your not getting that AT. The veterancy they get is what makes up for them being worse at the early game. But your discounting the fact they have less models than conscripts so if they lose one they are at a bigger disadvantage.

If your relying on Volks for your AI, you going to lose.

Never said you should use them alone, never said nade spam was a good idea. Just that they have a good nade and can upgrade with heavy AT and come in as a cheaper squad than cons with more levels of vet. All of which, frankly, make them better than conscripts.

And yes, they do have one less model than cons. But they win the long range engagement (where all fights begin, unless blindsided around a corner), which translates into a close range advantage because you start on the upper hand.

And also conscripts are utterly unique for basic infantry in that they have a recieved accuracy penalty right out of the bat. Bullets that would otherwise miss them magically gravitate to their fleshy skulls. Volks do not.

For 5 mp cheaper they are every bit as good as conscripts out of the gate. Only unlike conscripts they scale into the late game well.

My point was and is stop trying to cry pity tears for your poor volksgrenadiers when they're the one of best mainline infantry in the entire game.
8 Apr 2015, 19:17 PM

Never said you should use them alone, never said nade spam was a good idea. Just that they have a good nade and can upgrade with heavy AT and come in as a cheaper squad than cons with more levels of vet. All of which, frankly, make them better than conscripts.

And yes, they do have one less model than cons. But they win the long range engagement (where all fights begin, unless blindsided around a corner), which translates into a close range advantage because you start on the upper hand.

And also conscripts are utterly unique for basic infantry in that they have a recieved accuracy penalty right out of the bat. Bullets that would otherwise miss them magically gravitate to their fleshy skulls. Volks do not.

For 5 mp cheaper they are every bit as good as conscripts out of the gate. Only unlike conscripts they scale into the late game well.

My point was and is stop trying to cry pity tears for your poor volksgrenadiers when they're the one of best mainline infantry in the entire game.

They are not the best mainline infantry in the game by any margin except for late game thanks to their scaling. This isn't about pity tears, it's about you drastically underselling Allies early game units.

Rifles and cons out class Volks at the start of the game, this statement is true and has nothing to do with Volks late game performance. And yes I agree your not supposed to use them alone, that's exactly because they are your meat shield for your Sturms/Obers/things that do the actual killling.

So to conclude, OKW's early game isn't bad it's just out classed by Soviet and USF early game which both factions which are designed to be good at early game.
8 Apr 2015, 19:27 PM

Personally I am fine with the trucks the way they are. I like this about OKW. I would like it better if there was more risk to punish them in 1v1 as USF as the ranged DPS of their indirect fire is literally faster repaired by base Strums then the damage they can inflict.
8 Apr 2015, 19:30 PM

I don't mind trucks. I like diversity they bring to the faction design.
I don't like however that flack cannon comes free.
Either make it upgrade or reduce its penetration so it won't neglect early medium tanks
8 Apr 2015, 19:37 PM

The topic isn´tabout you like or not OKW trucks, but the fact trucks and FHQ are working even if the territory become neutral or enemy.
nee
8 Apr 2015, 19:47 PM

I don't find anything wrong with it. The entire point of the mobile trucks is to use them in a forward position. Punishing them for precisely doing that is very counter-intuitive to their game design. It's not like they have defensive weapons either. They cannot deploy in VP sectors so they can't camp in a VP game: if they camp close to one then they are in a very exposed position for attacks and will need to divert Sturmpioniers/ slots and manpower to train them to keep it from being destroyed. You have to rush for the 300 retreat unlock first, which means no units either from T0 or the medic truck

From an OKW perspective getting pinned or bombarded at your forward reinforcement point is very frustrating and can rally disrupt you plans, and the further it is from friendly forces the high the risk and consequences for failure to secure that stronghold, so unless you always love Luftwaffe Ground Forces or Fortifications doctrine, keeping strongholds secure with the forces you have will be very troublesome. And seeing how we're talking about "base" buildings, this is a huge punishment if they can't reinforce nor produce units, it's not something the other factions have a problem with since they don't have forward bases that make units.
If you want them to just lose reinforce/ repair, then the problem is still the same: the point of OKW trucks is to repair/ reinforce at those areas.

The punishment is that OKW has reduced resource income plus the trucks themselves don't prevent the sector from being lost. You should be glad the enemy was just huddling around the truck rather than trying to retake the sector(s). There's that risk in OKW gameplay: stick around to reinforce but be made vulnerable to barrage attacks, or go out to retake the map and risk losing the depleted squads.

Other factions have more mobile sources of reinforcement; all of them have halftracks (USF has ambulance equivalent). OKW has none of these, their only source of reinforcement is HQ or the medic truck. If you take away that and repair ability in the field, then what's the point of having mobile HQs in the first place if they won't work if the strategic places you deploy them are lost? OKW would be forced to camp, forcing players to wish they might as well just went Ostheer.

British in CoH1 are different because unlike the timer for OKW trucks, it is up to the player when to get those trucks. OKW can't really decide when it's going somewhere until the game spawns them in ~150 seconds. Comparison of COH1 is one thing, comparing them to the reinforcing of other factions in this game is way more important.

And like others have said, the OKW deserve on-field reinforcement at their point if they pay 300mp plus the time needed for it. And it's not like their infantry heal or reinforce faster/ cheaper either, especially Sturms and Obers are expensive AND take forever to finish. It is basically one very expansion combo of ostheer's medic/ command bunker. OKW trucks "fully work" because if they don't, the point of having trucks in the first place is lost. You still lose income and get cut off if sectors are taken. Being able to function in neutral/ enemy territory I believe is suppose to be their niche, that's how you should understand it.

If you want trucks to lose their basic functions, then OKW will need more defensive units like MG34 as non-doctrinal to make up for it, OR make all OKW trucks have defensive weapons, which I don't like. Otherwise there is no point in using the trucks outside of HQ if they won't ever function outside of it, and OKW lacks defensive units. As another poster said, this ultimately encourages OKW players to just Volkspam more. I for one don't understand how THAT's preferable.

End of the day, the reason why it's not like how it was in CoH1, is because this game isn't CoH1. And unlike CoH1, OKW trucks can't repack or be bought sooner or upgraded to move faster; neither do they have non-doctrinal defensive emplacements (17 pounder and bofors) to protect trucks or sectors in general.
8 Apr 2015, 19:47 PM

I said don't change it. I like how they work.
8 Apr 2015, 20:04 PM
8 Apr 2015, 20:16 PM

Permanently Banned

ignore ALex.. he will theory craft "axis always on the back foot" scenarios until u lose ur mind

Block him like i have :snfPeter:
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS