Login

russian armor

CAS needs adjusted

PAGES (8)down
6 Apr 2015, 19:19 PM

I liked this commander better when only a few of us had it. Alot less complaining and whining about a game that everyone knew (and still knows) needs work in about every area :foreveralone:
6 Apr 2015, 19:25 PM

"just dodge" is terrible advice. On maps like Rails and metal, its 2,5-3secs since first red flare.

Is it enough to dodge? Yes but only if you see this first flare. During battle, when you for example putting Rifles behind cover, its almost impossible. You need 1 sec to match unit/click hotkey and another 1sec to reverse. Its fine when you see flare. Its not fine when you see flares with 1 sec delay.

On the other hand, railway-artillery needs 10secs (?) and cas needs 3secs. Its bad design if one off map is useless and second sometimes is undodgeable.

And try to escape with ambulance :foreveralone:

All this complaining has made me playing this doctrine. And i cannot say im impressed by the results. Perhaps i was playing against a really aware soviet player but he managed to dodge my strafes with his Sighted isu152.

" Just dodge " is a valid strategy.
6 Apr 2015, 20:14 PM

Basically all your posts.

Thank you Frencho for your posts they have given me something to think about. Im sometimes wrong and this seem to be one of the times :)

I still hold that resources manipulation is bad game design but this is not a balance problem. Even if it is there has been worse and I've won then by playing better. :P
6 Apr 2015, 20:22 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Apr 2015, 19:25 PMZyllen

All this complaining has made me played this doctrine and i cannot say im impressed by the results. Perhaps i was playing against a really aware soviet player but he managed to dodge my strafes with his Sighted isu152.

Just dodge is a valid strategy.

Just in case some people didn't get how to counter it the first time.

6 Apr 2015, 21:45 PM

Only recon passes should give sight. No other planes should reveal FoW.

It'd fix a lot of issues with planes, imo.
7 Apr 2015, 00:27 AM
Patrion 14

only 30% of the AT strafe needs to connect to kill a t34. depending on the maps and layouts, you either have 1-4 seconds to dodge if used by ppl with brains. if you CAS AT strafe DON'T kill a tank, it is due to the user's imcompetance as much as the opponent's awareness.

this "easy to dodge" is complete bs. it is very dodgeable. but it is relatively hard one to dodge compraing to all other plane and call in arty abilities.
7 Apr 2015, 05:46 AM

Fair enough, I'm not going to deny that scotts will not resist to this strafe. But related to IS2, please. How many trials untill you succeeded to obtain this amount of damage? Also, the strike came from the back of the tank, from where it suppose to do more damage. Besides dodging, which is possible by the way (even moving your tank can make it turn in order not to receive that strike directly in the rear armor), in game there are so many variables (lagg, true sight, fow, the fact that the enemy tank you target is moving and rotating, etc)that won't let you to properly position your strike - peacefuly and undisturbed - in more than 50% of situations. What you showed there it's an ideal position helped by a little RNG.
So the "lethality" of this strike is overrated.
7 Apr 2015, 05:53 AM
Patrion 14

Fair enough, I'm not going to deny that scotts will not resist to this strafe. But related to IS2, please. How many trials untill you succeeded to obtain this amount of damage? Also, the strike came from the back of the tank, from where it suppose to do more damage. Besides dodging, which is possible by the way (even moving your tank can make it turn in order not to receive that strike directly in the rear armor), in game there are so many variables (lagg, true sight, fow, the fact that the enemy tank you target is moving and rotating, etc)that won't let you to properly position your strike - peacefuly and undisturbed - in more than 50% of situations. What you showed there it's an ideal position helped by a little RNG.
So the "lethality" of this strike is overrated.

the ju87 cannon has 55 pen value. it can do just as much damage from the front. from my test, cas at strafe can get is2 down to about 10% health about 1-2 times out of 10.
7 Apr 2015, 06:08 AM

How am I supposed to punish this as USF?

This is not rhetorical, it's just of the last 5 autos I played in 1v1, 3 people were using this and I only defeated it once. It wasn't even the strafes that did me, I dodged most of that (got caught once due to pathing issues constipating my sherman; got hit a couple of times with destroyed engine or something similar but that's fair enough), but the SWARMS of LMG grens and PzShrek teams are just fucking disgusting. All that and mines everywhere too. Some players are less mines, but then compensate by spamming the crap out of rifle grenades.

Between the strafes and grenades I feel like this doctrine requires twice the micro to counter than any other doc. Like a neverending quicktime event, Press U+Click to not die.
7 Apr 2015, 06:23 AM

How am I supposed to punish this as USF?

the SWARMS of LMG grens and PzShrek teams are just fucking disgusting. All that and mines everywhere too. Some players are less mines, but then compensate by spamming the crap out of rifle grenades.

Between the strafes and grenades I feel like this doctrine requires twice the micro to counter than any other doc. Like a neverending quicktime event, Press U+Click to not die.

This is the biggest issue I have with this commander, the strafes I can deal with the fact that the ost player can just spam LMG grens with PG Shreks mindless and call in Stafe to push anything his blob can't handle is stupid and then tech up to T4 and get a panther to roll you up at the end.

The blob is able to just melt regular rifles and MGs get rifle naded 2 or 3 times and you lost the gun. In order the beat the blob you have to go back to relying on.... guess what squad wipe friendly units, demos, scotts, or kitting with the Sherman.
7 Apr 2015, 06:26 AM

Permanently Banned

Fair enough, I'm not going to deny that scotts will not resist to this strafe. But related to IS2, please. How many trials untill you succeeded to obtain this amount of damage?

Did both trials in one take

how dare u question my integrity

Edit: tested more times

5 strafes from the back , from the side, and 5 from the front.

The damage between the rear side and front strafes are nearly identical in damage
7 Apr 2015, 06:28 AM

Did both trials in one take

how dare u question my integrity

Yes, Good God, How do I dare ?!?
7 Apr 2015, 07:22 AM
Patrion 14

The CAS doctrine AT strafe is fine. It is a 110 mu callin which does not track and is fairly easily dodgeable. The only change it needs is a way to slow it down when it is called in from near the edge of the map, and even that maybe not.

That being said, I think that the Stuka CAS loitering strafe needs either a muni increase, or 1 flyover with no shots. allowing it to be countered. It is a bit silly that a strafe that can one shot jacksons/scotts also can loiter and track targets, all for 20 mu more than the IL2 loitering strafe, and come in a good doc like Lightning War.

Queen, Johnny, please, stay on target. :}
7 Apr 2015, 07:38 AM
Patrion 28

you can get the ai in a serious team game if someone drops.
7 Apr 2015, 08:49 AM

Bravo for the compstomp hero for discovering comp stomp bug!
The question is-what are you doing in balance threads where big boys play against each other?

Shouldn't you be most active here?

Enjoy playing with ur AI

But dont expect anyone to take u seriously

Nice ad hominem guys Discussing a bug that has nothing to do with CAS and then attacking someone.
When the whole Penal AT nade argument directed at johnny was ad hominem to begin with.

Please explain how any of that has to do with CAS to begin with?
PAGES (8)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS