Login

russian armor

British for multiplayer/ No new axis faction - by relic

3 Apr 2015, 20:04 PM

http://community.companyofheroes.com/forum/company-of-heroes-2/company-of-heroes-2-general-discussion/163018-stream-impressions-new-faction-confirm-road-map-feed-back/page2
From Cynthia:
We're working on A faction, and it is multi-player. Hope that clears at least one thing up!

For time/date/et cetera, can't tell you that just yet!

Relic will only add the british to multiplayer like cynthia confirmed. There will be no Afrika korps or anything other for axis. I dont know what i should think about that. Allies will have 3 factions but axis/germans only 2.

The british faction will Come firstly to multiplayer only but they make maybe later a british single Player campaign too like they did with the US army. And still no german campaign......
3 Apr 2015, 20:18 PM

We are not certain on this though
3 Apr 2015, 20:27 PM

Personally I think the new faction will be Space Marines. Relic has been holding back the DoW-CoH crossover for too long. The truth must be set free!!!
3 Apr 2015, 20:36 PM

I highly doubt they would introduce a single faction in the game without providing a counterpart. It would be kinda unfair and would result in a shitstorm.
3 Apr 2015, 20:47 PM

I highly doubt they would introduce a single faction in the game without providing a counterpart. It would be kinda unfair and would result in a shitstorm.
She capitalized A. She is explicitly stating there is only one.
3 Apr 2015, 20:49 PM
Patrion 28

it's only unfair in that there is not an equal number of factions on each side. it doesn't explicitly have any balance affects.
3 Apr 2015, 21:00 PM
Patrion 14

maybe they can be played on both side.

french forces maybe. or italian. or indian.
3 Apr 2015, 21:13 PM

Guys it's obvously British, we've been getting mentions of Brits in the game files for several patches now. These mentions coincide with mentions of new OKW content. So the implication seems to be that the British will be a new allied Faction, while OKW will get new doctrines.
3 Apr 2015, 21:24 PM

I dont see why people emphasize on the "only 1 faction part". Why does there have to be same amount of factions on each side. As of right now we know that germans have the late game advantage, due to their known firepower. Allies will have diversity with the Brits.
Also, the two remaining factions will just get more commanders, abillities and units, and thus make them more versatile.
I am lucky just to see 1 faction, for all we know they could just have stopped working on CoH2 after WFA :P
3 Apr 2015, 21:26 PM
Donator 11

There's not much to add to axis without beefing up armies that weren't very strong such as the Italian or adding forces that were half way around the globe (Japanese). I'd rather see more OKW and maybe Ostheer doctrines since between them they share most of the axis units of the war with exception to maybe Nebelwerfer, P1-P3 and StugIV, Kettenkrad.

TLDR: Not enough unique units to make new axis factions, doctrines are cool tho.
3 Apr 2015, 21:33 PM

balance wise theres no problem assuming the new faction is balanced.

and by working on only 1 faction at a time they could perhaps be able to dediated more time into ensuring it is interesting to play/diverse and balanced with the existing 4 factions.

Perhaps after the british are released well see a single axis faction released.
3 Apr 2015, 21:42 PM

So what? First come brits and later some new axis faction. If you check the playerbase it's actually not that bad, because especially in team games you have a lot of axis players, thus you have bad matchmaking where high ranked players are placed against scrubs. This frustrates everybody, more allies player = better matchmaking.
3 Apr 2015, 22:31 PM

Aren't you the guy who bitches about P2W and milking all the time? :D

Atleast be creative ^^
3 Apr 2015, 22:39 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Apr 2015, 11:25 AMsigah
It says "New faction" not "New factions", so maybe the british will be added without a german counterpart :snfCHVGame:

But when they add the british and the german/italian Afrikakorps, that would be more a "early War", and so an "early Game"-faction with a lot of light vehicles. Especially the british. (the germans had at least a tiger in africa).
So I would suggest to split the british in one africa-part (T1-T3 Valentine, Mathilda) and one western-front-part (T4 Firefly, cromwell) for multiplayer instead of making an own matchmaking for the new faction like suggested before (this would spread the playerbase too much)
When they add a campagne, they could also realize this split. (e.g. after victory in Africa, the company will be deployed in the normandie).
Also I would like to see a german campagne.
3 Apr 2015, 22:49 PM

It is really difficult to add a new Axis faction that did not survive until 1944 or 1945. It would be difficult to make it competitive because there are Jacksons and IS2s in the game.

i think it is also a poor decision to split multiplayer into "early-war and late-war" since the playerbase is already so small. it would take ages to find matches.
3 Apr 2015, 22:49 PM

I can't wait. I loved me some brits in vCoH. Bring on the LT. spam!
3 Apr 2015, 22:57 PM
Patrion 14

maybe they are releasing one army by one, not in pairs. to release quicker and make transition from 4 factions to whatever number of factions they want in the end more smooth.

i really wish we can see more of eastern front. think ww2 ussr plenty to offer.
3 Apr 2015, 23:04 PM

maybe they are releasing one army by one, not in pairs. to release quicker and make transition from 4 factions to whatever number of factions they want in the end more smooth.

Don't tell anyone I told you this, but Brits are not going to be the next faction.

The icon for the next faction looks a little bit like a certain planet, and the Soviets named their operations after planets.
3 Apr 2015, 23:06 PM

That be cool. Like maybe Siberian Elite Forces! Troops riding T-34s into battle and groups of troops on skis!

3 Apr 2015, 23:14 PM

Personally I think the new faction will be Space Marines. Relic has been holding back the DoW-CoH crossover for too long. The truth must be set free!!!

Finally Obersoldaten will have a worthy opponent!
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★