Login

russian armor

OH Sniper

1 Apr 2015, 22:28 PM
Donator 11

Eager to see some nice sniper duels in COH2 now
1 Apr 2015, 22:31 PM

The change to 82 health was intentional in order to allow the Ostheer sniper to survive 1 shot from the Soviet sniper. The added reload makes it so if it gets the first shot on the soviet sniper it wins, if the soviet sniper shoots fire then it will win.

It's not really much of an issue compared to say, the rest of the 1 shot squad wipe stuff that happens with Ostheer quite regularly. Gotta remember Ostheer investing a lot of MP into than 1 single man. It's loss is huge.

Your lack of game knowledge is astounding.
1 Apr 2015, 22:35 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

The change to 82 health was intentional in order to allow the Ostheer sniper to survive 1 shot from the Soviet sniper. The added reload makes it so if it gets the first shot on the soviet sniper it wins, if the soviet sniper shoots fire then it will win.

Wrong, sniper works on death crits. More like what Aerohank posted

"Except a lot of crits don't mean that it is over. Flanking a sniper and throwing a grenade over a wall and under his feet will not kill it. Hitting it directly with a rocket won't kill it. Hitting it in the face with an M42 AT gun won't kill it. Hitting it directly with a mortar will not kill it. Hitting it in the face with a bazooka won't kill it."
1 Apr 2015, 22:41 PM

Alexzandvar if you play the game you should already know that snipers are high risk high reward so i will not talk about a loss of a sniper.Its exactly the same for soviets.
Intended ? I cant take you serious anymore , no unit should survive a shot like in the video.

The sniper duell doesnt exist now the OH sniper can take 2 shots ,enough time to kill the soviet pair.Let alone that soviet sniper has more aim time than OH sniper needs to recloak.
1 Apr 2015, 22:43 PM

The change to 82 health was intentional in order to allow the Ostheer sniper to survive 1 shot from the Soviet sniper.

Wrong, Snipers simply 1 hit infantry they don't do '80' damage they just auto crit.
According to COH2 Stats technically the Mosin-Nagant M91/30 PU (Sniper)
does 0 damage. But since it auto crits it kills. I could be wrong but that's how
i interpreted the data when i saw it because its damage stat is listed as '0'
1 Apr 2015, 22:47 PM

Snipers doesn't deal any damage, they inflict instant death crit on infantry.
The 82 makes no sense what so ever.
80, sure, but 82 is bordering on overpowered, the proof is few posts earlier and you still argue?

It's not really much of an issue compared to say, the rest of the 1 shot squad wipe stuff that happens with Ostheer quite regularly. Gotta remember Ostheer investing a lot of MP into than 1 single man. It's loss is huge.

It actually is when suddenly infantry starts to break fundamental infantry balance rules.
Soviets also invest a lot of mp in their snipers, loss is also huge and they wouldn't stand a chance against a hit like that as aoe would blow them up.
1 Apr 2015, 22:47 PM

I read here that was one of the reasons so I guess that was just speculation. So why does the sniper have 82? Beats the hell out of me then.

Alexzandvar if you play the game you should already know that snipers are high risk high reward so i will not talk about a loss of a sniper.Its exactly the same for soviets.
Intended ?

Ostheer is kinda lacking for MP more than Soviets do, so a huge MP loss for them is a bit more hard hitting.

Your lack of game knowledge is astounding.

I just read here that it was to survive one shot, my experience with sniper duels is a bit low since up until right now the Ost sniper wasn't commonly use and when I fought it my snipers always 1 shot it, thought the change to 82 was partly to address that :/

It actually is when suddenly infantry starts to break fundamental infantry balance rules.

If it was reduced to 80 health I wouldn't have a problem with it, but I don't have a problem with it's current form because 1 shot wipes are dumb anyway.
1 Apr 2015, 22:51 PM
Donator 33

The sniper duell doesnt exist now the OH sniper can take 2 shots ,enough time to kill the soviet pair.

Don't let Alexandzvar confuse you.

It has already been said that snipers always kill an infantry model via death crits.

I don't see problem with German snipers having 82HP. Sure, they can't be one-shotted by everything that deals 80DMG but let's be real: Soviet snipers very often survive mortar hits as well. And they can't be instagibbed by ATGs/bazookas as well.
1 Apr 2015, 22:56 PM

At least a mortar hit will force it to retreat, and the Soviet mortar did get a nice ninja buff in the recent patch.

Maybe the secret is just to revert the health but make it 2 men as well?
1 Apr 2015, 22:56 PM

Yeah, the whole point of the change was that it doesn't get just instagibbed by all kinds of RNG (it still will by some stuff like AT guns) and people after few hours complain. The Soviet sniper has always been a lot more resistant to such RNG because it has two guys, and Axis players have to endure hard to kill Snipers since ages.
1 Apr 2015, 22:58 PM

Most of the time when you're trying to kill an enemy sniper/sniper team you should just use low base damage High dps units anyways? Plus it would go against Relic's whole idea units not getting one shotted and preservation. Snipers will still die to smgs + other small arms fire. Idk why people are worried about it not dying in one shot.

At least a mortar hit will force it to retreat, and the Soviet mortar did get a nice ninja buff in the recent patch.

Maybe the secret is just to revert the health but make it 2 men as well?

Exactly
1 Apr 2015, 22:59 PM

Thx now i know better :D
I dont think that OH lacks mp so heavily as you descripted its just that they have to be more carefull on the other hand used well they can be really lethal.
Hmm where is the logic gone ? I also suffer when i lose my 360 mp sniper squad as soviets right off the bat.
I will try to do a few games ,maybe upload a replay and then you can still say its ok.
1 Apr 2015, 22:59 PM

Soviet sniper's reinforce cost is 90,
Wehrmacht sniper's reinforce cost is 360.
And the soviet sniper will still get RNG'd Less.
1 Apr 2015, 23:03 PM

Thx now i know better :D
I dont think that OH lacks mp so heavily as you descripted its just that they have to be more carefull on the other hand used well they can be really lethal.
Hmm where is the logic gone ? I also suffer when i lose my 360 mp sniper squad as soviets right off the bat.
I will try to do a few games ,maybe upload a replay and then you can still say its ok.

Ostheer teching is very MP dependent, so getting a Sniper delays that by a whole bunch. It's probably the biggest weakness of Ostheer right now.

I wouldn't say this is 100% true with the new bunching mechanics. Gotta love infantry phasing inside one of another.
1 Apr 2015, 23:20 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

I wouldn't say this is 100% true with the new bunching mechanics. Gotta love infantry phasing inside one of another.

Gotta love tanks phasing inside each other. (not fixed yet)
1 Apr 2015, 23:24 PM

Gotta love tanks phasing inside each other. (not fixed yet)

The infantry phasing is arguably worse, considering that said quantum stacking has made even the humble support mortars become B4's in kill counts on occasion.

It does lead to some funny scenarios tho when your Volks find a way to conga line through the smallest hole in a fence you have ever seen.

EDIT: Although the vehicle phasing can be funny sometimes to when your KV1 gets lost inside a KT.
1 Apr 2015, 23:45 PM

Edit because I didn't reload the page:

What they should do instead of giving the Sniper 82 health, is letting him jump away from explosions, so that he also barely survives them. Or just giving him the jump animation now when he gets 80 damage in one hit.

But because that is animation and coding work, the current solutions is also OK for, you guys jsut have to imagining him jumping a bit out of the way :D
2 Apr 2015, 05:33 AM

Soviet sniper's reinforce cost is 90,
Wehrmacht sniper's reinforce cost is 360.

I don't see this being a relevant comparison in medium-high skill level games. It is more likely that the Soviet sniper will repeatedly bleed 90 MP while the OH sniper will bleed none unless the OH player really screws up their micro. Losing a rapidly-cloaking 82 HP model is pretty difficult to do if you're actually paying attention.
2 Apr 2015, 06:05 AM

I don't see this being a relevant comparison in medium-high skill level games. It is more likely that the Soviet sniper will repeatedly bleed 90 MP while the OH sniper will bleed none unless the OH player really screws up their micro. Losing a rapidly-cloaking 82 HP model is pretty difficult to do if you're actually paying attention.

While it helps a lot having double health and i am not disputing that,
Late game, Yes even at high levels of play the sniper has a pretty decent chance of getting gibbed.
I would wager more chance then sov sniper.

You can enter situations like:

"Oh crap i am microing my panther vs a med swarm and grens at the same time i don't have enough
access APM To save my sniper or even notice it while multi tasking."

But at least the extra HP will let you hot key and press 'T' and he might make it now as opposed
from last patch were he would never make it.
2 Apr 2015, 07:02 AM

Permanently Banned
Plz dont nurf the sniper..

Its really nice to see a faction use combined arms
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak