Login

russian armor

PTRS now OP?

PAGES (37)down
1 Apr 2015, 17:19 PM
1 Apr 2015, 17:22 PM

Ahhh here we go the Guards blobs.... now everyone knows how VOlks blobs and obers blob feels like
1 Apr 2015, 17:23 PM

The actual line is, "we are guards infantry, they are dead infantry." and it's been in the game since launch.

Relic might have pissed off the Russians with their campaign but I doubt they are that silly to use the word rape in that context.

You made my day bro!!! keep up the good work!! :)
1 Apr 2015, 17:24 PM

Ahhh here we go the Guards blobs.... now everyone knows how VOlks blobs and obers blob feels like

They are fundamentally kinda different. The PTRS does it's damage in spikes were the Volks/Ober combo just has/had quite good DPS and durability.

Your more likely to see the PTRS horde insta wipe a squad, but less likely to see it do a lot of DPS.
1 Apr 2015, 17:25 PM
Donator 11

For the love of god stop whining about PTRS! You will make relic rollback the changes and nobody wants it.

Seriously it is in the best spot right now it ever was. It is the late mid/long range upgrade cons needed so hard and it actually makes guards usefull. Most of players just need to adjust their tactics because conspam and shocks is not all you can see on the field right now.

If it needs any changes make PTRS upgrade more costly but seriously don't touch the guards. Also ptrs is one of few good things tank hunter doctrine has to offer.
1 Apr 2015, 17:29 PM
Donator 33

PTRS is what makes the Axis forces retreat, when pictures of PTRS fall down from the sky with Propaganda Artillery

1 Apr 2015, 17:36 PM

What a wonderful picture... :snfAmi::snfAmi::snfAmi:
1 Apr 2015, 17:41 PM

I played againts it and with it today. I think its too early too tell.
1 Apr 2015, 17:42 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Apr 2015, 17:18 PMofield
stay in cover and ptrs will miss the most times.

They just destroy the cover apparently when I look at the replay Kappa

Yeah don't know we will have to see more first I think, with such a huge blob anything might do a lot of damage. I don't like though how they seem to destroy team weapons.
1 Apr 2015, 17:52 PM

If anything just drop one of the 3 PTRS from the Con package.
1 Apr 2015, 17:53 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

Rage thread moved to Lobby
1 Apr 2015, 17:53 PM
Developer Relic Badge

This is probably due to flamethrowers in general when hit by ballistic/explosive weapons, but these PTRS rifles just explode the fuel tank so often.
1 Apr 2015, 18:00 PM

PTRS useless. Allies are happy when they dropped PTRS. Axis are happy cause elite long-range Soviets inf is pure shit and handheld AT does not exist.

PTRS useful. Allies are happy to use PTRS. Axis are unhappy cause PTRS can inflict damage what is unacceptable because PTRS was a pudding since beggining.

I kinda understand that PTRS can do both jobs - AT and AI (AT rifle has very good velocity and accuracy). I mean... PzSchreck is pure and amazing AT. Even bazooka is a better than PTRS and they are rockets. 100% AT 0% AI (sometimes RNG shots killing few models).

PTRS as a rifle should combine AI and AT abilities somewhere between. I mean, there is no point to upgrade PTRS for Cons as AT but right now there may be option to upgrade for both AI and AT.

I think people get use to shitty DP28 and shitty PTRS so now, when they are somehow good, it's hard to adapt.

They might toned it down a bit but idea of 50/50 AI/AT is quite good.

About the replay... 1440MP + 300 ammo blob must be countered with similar resources. Alone Jaeger fighting blob is pointless. Same for 3 fusiliers.
And it's similar to LMG Gren blob.
1 Apr 2015, 18:05 PM

Great trollthread. I almost laughed.
1 Apr 2015, 18:09 PM

During the two years of the game guards finally not shit. Hallelujah, rejoice brothers! Finally, the Soviet Union has ranged infantry. Two years that it would fix the guards. If even more whining, it may be a year later, Relic adds the ability to buy a fallen weapon.
1 Apr 2015, 18:14 PM

okay about PTRS destroying team weapons: yes it does destroy team weapons

BUT...

PTRS versus MG42 takes quite a long time for the PTRS to destroy the MG42. The squad is pinned which severely reduces reload. Also, it will take some time to kill the mortar or AT gun. This is well enough time for players to retreat their AT guns or mortars.
1 Apr 2015, 18:17 PM

If it is proper judgement that the PTRS is too strong, then there are easy ways to balance it without reducing its newfound usefulness. (Cost, Availability, etc)

But damn, the only other time PTRS was useful was for guarding broken uncounterable sniper clown cars. It does deserve to do some hurt for how this gun was better off laying on the ground for months on end.
1 Apr 2015, 18:21 PM

This is so epic. I love new anti-material rifles :D
1 Apr 2015, 18:37 PM

Finally soviets got better long range units and everyone is whining about her OPness. Since CoH2 beta Guards were terrible units, whose weapons were bad aswell. only the button ability was usefull and the only reason to call in them.

Now they increased the accuracy and this axis fanboys are whining about them.
They are okay now and i had in my last 10 games no problems to deal with them.
And if everything goes wrong use Tiger Ace and show this bitch how to abuse this game. :)
1 Apr 2015, 18:48 PM

I ve watched few replays by now. Some of them were just troll reapys cause of losing but I can say that Guards with PTRS are perfectly fine.
Although Cons spam might be problematic - yet it's not different than LMG Gren spam.
PAGES (37)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS