Login

russian armor

A little love for relic.

31 Mar 2015, 20:35 PM

Now I know we haven't tested this patch but there are a few things I do like already.

• Seemed to be community driven.
  • Changes aren't overwhelming. (hopefully more frequently though)
  • New maps/community maps

well done from this guy.
31 Mar 2015, 20:39 PM

No suchka buff

No soviet chatter restored

Why Relic do you hate the ruskies so much
Neo
31 Mar 2015, 20:41 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Mar 2015, 20:35 PMGdot

• Changes aren't overwhelming.

THAT'S ONE WAY OF PUTTING IT....
31 Mar 2015, 20:44 PM

I agree. This balance changes actually look pretty good and finally some new maps! All in all better than I expected, even if it did take 6 months.
31 Mar 2015, 20:47 PM

31 Mar 2015, 20:50 PM
Patrion 14

Start whining about the patch AFTER you played it.
/signed
31 Mar 2015, 20:52 PM

Regards to relic, Signed -Obi
31 Mar 2015, 20:53 PM

I suppose a little bit of love is in order. After all, only a little bit of work has gone into the patch.
31 Mar 2015, 20:59 PM

I really hope patching becomes a montly practice, six months for a balance patch is a lot of time to wait.

Small changes here and there makes the game perfect, untill there's no need to balance stock units anymore, only new content.
31 Mar 2015, 21:04 PM
31 Mar 2015, 21:10 PM
Honorary Member Badge

I'm very happy with it

Enough to make a difference but not so much that it cannot be evalulated
31 Mar 2015, 22:19 PM

This is a good patch, not for 6 month though but it is good. There are gonna be huge changes in the meta, specially for axis. And frankly, I was expecting a huge shitstorm but there are only some cries and tears.

Another patch and the game will be perfectly balance.
31 Mar 2015, 22:56 PM
Coder Red Badge

Looking at it as an outsider, I see (almost) exclusively balance changes to a game whose balance has never been its primary issue. It just seems like after all the time and hype for this patch, there needed to be something a little more. It'll freshen things up for a few months, no doubt, but the game's core issues remain untouched, and people will be back to complaining once the meta settles down.

It's also hilarious how people (the vast majority of whom are overwhelmingly mediocre at the game) are suddenly experts able to analyze the balance changes before they've even played them. But that ignorance has traditionally been one of the CoH community's greatest strengths. By which I mean, above all else, it's the one thing this community is truly good at.
31 Mar 2015, 23:17 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Mar 2015, 22:56 PMInverse
Looking at it as an outsider, I see (almost) exclusively balance changes to a game whose balance has never been its primary issue. It just seems like after all the time and hype for this patch, there needed to be something a little more. It'll freshen things up for a few months, no doubt, but the game's core issues remain untouched, and people will be back to complaining once the meta settles down.

It's also hilarious how people (the vast majority of whom are overwhelmingly mediocre at the game) are suddenly experts able to analyze the balance changes before they've even played them. But that ignorance has traditionally been one of the CoH community's greatest strengths. By which I mean, above all else, it's the one thing this community is truly good at.

Like the Devs? Last I checked they arent top 10 Tournament players.

This is seriously the most elitist crap I have ever seen posted to the forums...
31 Mar 2015, 23:21 PM
Honorary Member Badge

Like the Devs? Last I checked they arent top 10 Tournament players.

This is seriously the most elitist crap I have ever seen posted to the forums...

You sure about that?

There has been some tough competition, even in the last few days.
31 Mar 2015, 23:24 PM

You sure about that?

There has been some tough competition, even in the last few days.

Inverse is a good COH1 player. And that post basically said that only Professional Athletes know anything about baseball! Not there managers, coaches etc.

Working in the industry that I do at the level that I do....not even I talk down to people or about people like that.

Its distasteful.

It would be another matter if he was just another troll not a red admin.

31 Mar 2015, 23:55 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Mar 2015, 22:56 PMInverse

disgusting read.
31 Mar 2015, 23:58 PM
Coder Red Badge

Nah, it's like comparing the knowledge of college or amateur players to pro players; that is to say, you can't even make the comparison. Coaches and managers have proven their expertise in a professional environment, not to mention the vast majority of them were former pro players in the first place. The only person who's achieved a similar understanding of high-level CoH play without being a high-level player is Kolaris back in CoH1. I guarantee the vast majority of people posting balance opinions on these forums are entirely clueless about what it takes to truly compete.

I actually played fairly high-level college baseball, and there's no way in hell I would claim knowledge of the game to the degree people on here claim knowledge when discussing balance.
1 Apr 2015, 00:00 AM
Donator 11

I agree, good job
1 Apr 2015, 00:01 AM
Donator 11

Inverse, a good example of the majority of all the old has-been coh1 players.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★