Login

russian armor

Changing IS2 back to 240 damage

4 Apr 2015, 22:06 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

Just make it like the King Tiger's gun, that gun works well enough.

Do you know how many complaints you will get about one shots then?
4 Apr 2015, 22:07 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

:D

The rage that would ensue would cause some heart attacks...
4 Apr 2015, 22:13 PM

Permanently Banned
The king tigers gun vs 4 man squads would be excessive to say the least. AOE profiles would need to be adjusted so that the one shot kill radius is only like 1.5 of the 4 AOE. Plus the reload would be like I said around 9-10 seconds. But with that, the is2 also get deflection damage because of the guns high caliber.
4 Apr 2015, 22:28 PM

Permanently Banned

OKW has zero issues. Just make Panther more accessible by reducing the MP cost for Ost teching.

They do have issues, An agreesive sov player can get to 11cp's fast

if the okw player is lucky he might have a panther soon. The sov player will likely counter this by getting more IS2's

if they get a pak 43 (which is probably thier best option), sov player will flame barrage it

Its is earier for ost

double pak with a stun, lucky faust, or mine will be a dead IS2. it just to slow to escape
5 Apr 2015, 09:03 AM

• Reload of 9-10 seconds

Does IS-2 have prioritize vehicles button (can't remember)? Otherwise imagine when the is-2 spots and fires at infantry running past as player tries to line it up for a shot at the panzers and it reveals itself and has to reload for 10 seconds. Not so glorious.

Well, it's not the fault of the reload time. I Think all vehicles should have prioritze vehicles AND hold fire buttons.
5 Apr 2015, 09:08 AM

Since everyone is screaming how underpowered KT is now, it should be a problem :snfPeter:
5 Apr 2015, 09:24 AM

Why saying always the IS2 bad is against infantry? I must be special, for me it 1-shots almost always lol and if it doesnt wipe, the MG on top does it, no problem.

oh and KT still wipes left and right, who is saying it is underpowered? the only change to it would be a slight fuel reduction.
Neo
5 Apr 2015, 09:34 AM

IS2 is fine. It's not perfect but it's fine.

If something isn't broke, go fix PTRS.
6 Apr 2015, 04:40 AM

OKW has zero issues. Just make Panther more accessible by reducing the MP cost for Ost teching.

Unless you risk flanking, panther has NO chance. IS-2 needs a frontal armour nerf.
6 Apr 2015, 06:41 AM
Patrion 28

actually it does have a chance. it could pen on every shot and the is-2 could not pen on every shot. also, V out ranges the is-2 if you can give it sight.
6 Apr 2015, 16:53 PM

Agreed.

IS-2s having the same frontal armor as King Tigers is not logic. One is an end of tech tree tank for almost double the initial fuel cost, the other one can be spammed wite doctrine and requires no tech.

If the KT has its frontal armor nerfed for Allies to fight it frontally, the same logic should apply to the IS-2.

The IS-2 actually is more survivable than the KT now since it can move faster eventually leading to the IS-2 being the way cheaper and even better performing tank.

IS-2s really have become a problem.

The IS2 is commander only and restricted to soviets, and the only allies super tank in the game. Its fine, and besides the axis have more powerful anti tank weapons which can kill it than the allies have for killing the king tiger
7 Apr 2015, 03:22 AM

King Tiger needs more armor than the IS-2. Buff it back up a bit, and make Wehrmacht tier 4 more accessible. I fear that constantly complaining about the new OP flavor of the month will make Relic nerf everything in the game across the board, and you wake up one day to find units take forever to kill like WarCraft 3 or something.

Anyway, biggest concern I have is that the IS-2 and King Tiger shouldn't be reskins of each other. They should both have distinct advantages and disadvantages. I keep seeing you all suggest changes that would make these two units completely alike.

If anything, the IS-2 itself isn't the problem. It's the call-in system that lets you ignore tech costs. if/when Relic ever gets around to fixing that, I don't want to deal with a crappy IS-2 that was balanced for zero tech costs.
7 Apr 2015, 04:32 AM

actually it does have a chance. it could pen on every shot and the is-2 could not pen on every shot. also, V out ranges the is-2 if you can give it sight.

Buddy I have hit IS-2's with panthers before without it penetrating. And even if you do manage to flank it's got massive health backing it up.
7 Apr 2015, 04:39 AM

The thing and source of all these balance issues is that the game developers DO NOT PLAY or KNOW this game and performance of the units like the people here.
They just (as they say) look at some data and change (sometimes mess) things, possibly not knowing that the only way to improve the game/balance etc is to play and know their game more than others, BUT THE REALITY IS FAR FAR AWAY FROM THAT
7 Apr 2015, 05:46 AM
Honorary Member Badge

The thing and source of all these balance issues is that the game developers DO NOT PLAY or KNOW this game and performance of the units like the people here.

You are correct

They know it far, far better
7 Apr 2015, 07:42 AM
Patrion 28

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Apr 2015, 04:32 AMJason

Buddy I have hit IS-2's with panthers before without it penetrating. And even if you do manage to flank it's got massive health backing it up.

there is a huge difference between "chance" and "average outcome" as well as between those two and the "most seen outcome". unless relic has pen programmed to guarantee pens at a certain point there is a chance of what i posted happening, however miniscule it may be.
7 Apr 2015, 17:36 PM

there is a huge difference between "chance" and "average outcome" as well as between those two and the "most seen outcome". unless relic has pen programmed to guarantee pens at a certain point there is a chance of what i posted happening, however miniscule it may be.

I really don't see your point. Are you trying to tell me a panther can beat an IS-2 from the front? Or that it has a 'chance' beating it via flanking? (Which it very well should.)
7 Apr 2015, 17:42 PM

You are correct

They know it far, far better

Actually they don't see; the last stream they had. Just because your developing a game doesn't mean you know all the ins and outs of it, a programmer will have about as much knowledge of balance as any random idiot, and a community manager won't be much better unless they try to engage skilled players which they haven't done.

The reason why play testing is extremely important is because it's very hard to see the flaws in your own creation, sadly Relic doesn't play test at all.
7 Apr 2015, 19:41 PM
Honorary Member Badge

I trust Relic far more than I do the Forum Warriors
7 Apr 2015, 19:47 PM

Permanently Banned
I trust Relic far more than I do the Forum Warriors

Theres a few individuals that have shown more promise than relic ever has. My trust is in relic is almost 0.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 30
South Africa 2
Germany 610
Peru 8
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L