Login

russian armor

Changing IS2 back to 240 damage

7 Apr 2015, 19:48 PM

I trust Relic far more than I do the Forum Warriors

Cruzz, Sib, Luvnest, and Romeo are all forum warriors now?
7 Apr 2015, 19:57 PM
Honorary Member Badge

No, they are too busy being good to post on the forums
7 Apr 2015, 20:28 PM

Cruzz, Sib, Luvnest, and Romeo are all forum warriors now?

I don't see them having 20+ posts in every single thread on this boards.
7 Apr 2015, 21:00 PM

I don't see them having 20+ posts in every single thread on this boards.

Kettle, meet pot.

No, they are too busy being good to post on the forums

The discussion was about if Relic knows what they are doing or not, I fail to see how forums drama relates to it at all.

Just because your a game developer doesn't mean your an expert on what's good for the game.
7 Apr 2015, 21:11 PM
Patrion 28

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Apr 2015, 17:36 PMJason

I really don't see your point. Are you trying to tell me a panther can beat an IS-2 from the front? Or that it has a 'chance' beating it via flanking? (Which it very well should.)

i'm telling you that because of RNG outliers you could have a V beat an IS-2 head on, penetrating on every shot and never getting penetrated. the chance of that happening is extraordinarily low though and doesn't usually happen.
7 Apr 2015, 22:29 PM
Honorary Member Badge

Just because your a game developer doesn't mean your an expert on what's good for the game.

Yes it does, because:

that's your job.

Enough of the "Relic are incompetent because they don't do what I want, they should totally listen to me." that people seem to believe.

Relic are competent and if they are not doing what you want it's because they have good reasons for it, not because anybody here is an unrecognised genius crying in the wilderness.
7 Apr 2015, 23:16 PM
Honorary Member Badge

"The Community" is a 1v1 echo-chamber that doesn't represent the player base, so if "The Community" thinks someone is doing a bad job that's probably a sign he's doing a good job
7 Apr 2015, 23:27 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

That someone disagrees with you, or is not doing what you want, does not make them stupid or incompetent and telling them that they are is a not a good way to get them to change their mind

Saying that everything is fine or not revealing your concerns, won't change anything.
Words from fans don't make you look incompetent, your actions do.

-When someone from your community fixes your own problems in 5 mins, THAT makes you look incompetent.
-When you launch a patch and 14 days later you have to reroll your changes because they are insane, that makes you look incompetent.
-When you release a map and your units get stuck at your spawn...
-Windustry and TA...
-Bugs, exploits and non intended mechanics which have been reported for several months and haven't been fixed.

If you have problems and you are out of resources, ask for help. I'm not talking about the alpha group (which can test "secret/DLC/whatever" things). We've had already an open beta, put maps and thought future balance changes for people to test them. You don't have to wait till the patch rolls out into the wild to gather data and then be reactive on balancing.

7 Apr 2015, 23:32 PM

An idea isn't true because it is universal. Frankly we don't know all the work, pros and cons that go into the patch work. None of us are at their meetings where it is discussed.
Since we do not know that we are in no position to estimate someones' work performance.

If the end result of 6 months of work is barely any changes and a buttload more unintended consequences than you hold the person in charge responsible for it, which is Quinn since Peter has been long gone.

If I'm at a restaurant and my dinner is shit, I don't need to look inside the kitchen to know the chef isn't doing his job right.

"The Community" is a 1v1 echo-chamber that doesn't represent the player base, so if "The Community" thinks someone is doing a bad job that's probably a sign he's doing a good job

There isn't nearly enough people here for there to be an "echo" chamber. Not to mention the fact that the balance issues in 1's are the same as they are in the other game modes because most of the maps are just individual little 1v1's anyway. And the unit stats don't change game mode to game mode.

8 Apr 2015, 01:07 AM

Permanently Banned
U couldnt even trust me with balance.

the first thing i'd do is give USF a pershing in t1 (available after all tech)

and replace major with 380mp 6 man rangers

make ambulance upgrade to forward retreat point

and thats day ONE :snfPeter:
8 Apr 2015, 01:12 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

:o

Ok yeah that'd probably be horrid.
8 Apr 2015, 01:12 AM

Permanently Banned

Sad how you'd try and ruin the game for your own biased desires. Hello? What about the rest of us who play?
8 Apr 2015, 01:15 AM

Permanently Banned

What about the rest of us who play?

What about you? :snfPeter:
8 Apr 2015, 01:16 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Sad how you'd try and ruin the game for your own biased desires. Hello? What about the rest of us who play?

I don't think he'd have to try when doing that, looks like he'd succeed pretty hard.
8 Apr 2015, 01:18 AM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post8 Apr 2015, 01:16 AMVuther

I don't think he'd have to try when doing that, looks like he'd succeed pretty hard.

i love how u guys got worked up over an obvious troll/bait post :snfPeter:
2 users are browsing this thread: 2 guests

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS