Login

russian armor

Over nerfed Obers

PAGES (15)down
4 Apr 2015, 13:41 PM

What was really changed with obersoldaten? LMG34 dps slightly reduced and cost 60 munition only. Paratroopers need to pay for their dps twice more.
4 Apr 2015, 14:10 PM

I don't know what's been going on before in here, but I want to add that the time it takes to reinforce seems bloody outrageous too atm, maybe I just didn't notice before since it was rare a squad member would die... but, an ober squad can get knocked out of the fight pretty quick, as all 4 men squads can, and it takes them 90 years to get back to full strength which kills a lot of their effectiveness.
4 Apr 2015, 17:31 PM

Oh no, you need to preserve your units now. Oh my God.
4 Apr 2015, 19:20 PM

maybe I just didn't notice before since it was rare a squad member would die...

rofl
4 Apr 2015, 19:34 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Apr 2015, 13:41 PMNEVEC
What was really changed with obersoldaten? LMG34 dps slightly reduced and cost 60 munition only. Paratroopers need to pay for their dps twice more.

Paras are also call ins, get 6 man squads, can reinforce on the field and are better our the box without upgrades, Obers are also just not cost effective MP wise atm.

Trying to counter m1919/PTRS spam with obers will just bleed you to death. (Which is ironic as elite infantry is supposed to counter baseline infantry)
4 Apr 2015, 19:42 PM

You OKW only players are hilarious. The best infantry in the game and you complain.
Despite the nerf they are still beastly unit. How spoiled can one be?

You could take like 3 seconds to check my player card and see neither me or anyone in this thread is OKW only instead of being an asshat.
5 Apr 2015, 09:07 AM

I wasn't talking about you.

But I guess you must have felt guilty because you replied.
5 Apr 2015, 14:19 PM

From my observations is that the okw is incapable of dealing with heavy lmg spam. I would say that the ostheer is the stronger axis faction especially with all the early game buffs it received.

to summarize

grenadiers >>> volkgrens

Overall better dps . better anti vehicle because they come equipped with the panzerfaust. the one shotting riflenade and ofcourse the lmg upgrade. making the grenadiers a much better start infantry.

Pioneers >>>> sturmpioneers.

One word: flamethrower. it gives the ostheer all the close combat potential it needs and is ideal removing units from cover. something the okw lacks.

Then comes the knowledge that the ostheer actually has decent mg42's , paks and mortars. these support units are better then the okw equivalent. more importantly the ostheer has way better anti vehicle option in the form of the 222. so ostheer player isnt forced to spend a large amount of fuel ammo or mp to deal with the m3 or m20.

Obers where OP no doubt about it but they did put the okw back into the game . i believe the okw need several buffs to compensate for this nerf.
5 Apr 2015, 21:14 PM

They just lack skill and can't admit it.

I have an idea. What if allied players with their superior microing skills combined with unit preservation skills and superiour "know your enemy" (coming from that side) started to play the op okw? They would surely steamroll everyone. That's what I think would happen.

Yup.
5 Apr 2015, 22:27 PM

I have an idea. What if allied players with their superior microing skills combined with unit preservation skills and superiour "know your enemy" (coming from that side) started to play the op okw? They would surely steamroll everyone. That's what I think would happen.

Yup.

I did, got top 100 after 10 games.

5 Apr 2015, 23:13 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Apr 2015, 22:27 PMVitor

Ouch. The truth doeseth hurteth.
5 Apr 2015, 23:23 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Apr 2015, 22:27 PMVitor

Ouch. The truth doeseth hurteth.

Not really, he has a higher win loss ratio with every other single faction he's played. OKW isn't nearly as OP as people hype it to be. It requires a buttload of micro at higher skill levels to because of the amount of infantry your microing all over the place.

It's arguably easier to get into than the other factions, but at high tier play each of the factions is equally difficult, with Ostheer probably edging out as the most.
5 Apr 2015, 23:34 PM

Not really, he has a higher win loss ratio with every other single faction he's played. OKW isn't nearly as OP as people hype it to be. It requires a buttload of micro at higher skill levels to because of the amount of infantry your microing all over the place.

It's arguably easier to get into than the other factions, but at high tier play each of the factions is equally difficult, with Ostheer probably edging out as the most.

No, i had a much easier time playing okw with little to to no experience.
5 Apr 2015, 23:55 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Apr 2015, 23:34 PMVitor

No, i had a much easier time playing okw with little to to no experience.

It's arguably easier to get into than the other factions

Yes? OKW is fairly straight forward, this doesn't mean it's overpowered, just easier to pick up which is how all the factions should be.
6 Apr 2015, 00:02 AM

Yes? OKW is fairly straight forward, this doesn't mean it's overpowered, just easier to pick up which is how all the factions should be.

I went toe-to-toe against players better than me, and i can tell because i have experience with soviets, and won.

OkW is op until about top ~25, where it's relatively balanced. But for lower levels? OKW is overpowered because you can achieve more with less skill and effort.
6 Apr 2015, 00:26 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Apr 2015, 00:02 AMVitor

I went toe-to-toe against players better than me, and i can tell because i have experience with soviets, and won.

OkW is op until about top ~25, where it's relatively balanced. But for lower levels? OKW is overpowered because you can achieve more with less skill and effort.

This is fundamental to the design of the faction, the amount of variation in your strategy you can have as OKW is much much smaller than you can with other factions (except Ostheer), meaning that it's easier to play right and win, but a soviet player who plays right will also win just as much.

What do you think about OKW should be changed? If you think they are so OP.
6 Apr 2015, 01:22 AM

If Developer itself says that have to adjust ELO because in OKW case it was inflated too much then it means OKW was a over performing faction. Especially in large team games.
That's the fact vos Relic hot the numbers and data to measure that. Its even in recent patch notes.
6 Apr 2015, 02:04 AM

This is fundamental to the design of the faction, the amount of variation in your strategy you can have as OKW is much much smaller than you can with other factions (except Ostheer), meaning that it's easier to play right and win, but a soviet player who plays right will also win just as much.

If it was up to me, i would re-design the faction around lots of automatic weapons, Panzer 4's and stugs.
6 Apr 2015, 02:33 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Apr 2015, 02:04 AMVitor

If it was up to me, i would re-design the faction around lots of automatic weapons, Panzer 4's and stugs.
That exists, it's called Wehrmacht.
6 Apr 2015, 03:04 AM
Patrion 28

no, USF has the worst starting options.

baring doctrinal units, OKH has 5 starting units, USSR has 8, but they only get access to 5 at a time, OKW has 4, and USF has 3 (if you include the ambulance, which i don't).

of these units, OKH has a balanced begginning with reonsably quick, if expensive, access to another 4.

USSR has a balanced force if you include t1 and t2 but they never use both early game so you end up with a unit selection choice skewed to infantry or tanks and doesn't have access to t3/4 for quite a while.

OKW has very quick access to another 3 units with either t1 or t2 but they lack indirect fire until mid game and even with the buff the lieg is meh.

USF gets access to another 3 units relatively quickly if they go t1 but must wait quite a while if they go t2, due to the fuel discrepancy. their t2 units are also very expensive.

as far as faction design goes, i like OKH. OKW is poorly designed and boring as fuck to play because every strategy revolves around spam of infantry and their lower fuel income means you don't get the same access to half their units that other factions do. the USF early game is terrible but they're fun once they get a tier. USSR also revolves around spam because you only get access to half their units in any game. they're more interesting than OKW though.
PAGES (15)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS