russian armor

Over nerfed Obers

PAGES (15)down
6 Apr 2015, 03:58 AM

That exists, it's called Wehrmacht.

Yeah, not even close.
6 Apr 2015, 04:08 AM

Yeah, not even close.

The PIV battle group exists in OKW but nobody uses it, I wonder why?

Making OKW be balanced around PIV's and StuG's would be kind of silly, since it would make no sense at the Panther was much more common in late 44 and early 45. But I do enjoy the idea of OKW finally getting some affordable medium tanks.
6 Apr 2015, 07:20 AM

Permanently Banned
OKW struggles a bit more in ones

I dont give a fuck

Every faction struggles at some point in ones
6 Apr 2015, 08:49 AM
Senior Editor Badge

Lol no just no

Red Bear dun give no fucks bout Axis fanboi tears.

Nuclear Arbitor, since when is Wehrmacht/Ostheer OKH? That's strange and confusing.
6 Apr 2015, 09:18 AM

I have an idea. What if allied players with their superior microing skills combined with unit preservation skills and superiour "know your enemy" (coming from that side) started to play the op okw? They would surely steamroll everyone. That's what I think would happen.

Yup.

I did, like 6 months ago, before Kubel and Panther buff. I switched to USF then because I found OKW to be far too easy. Here you go :)
6 Apr 2015, 09:57 AM

I did, like 6 months ago, before Kubel and Panther buff. I switched to USF then because I found OKW to be far too easy. Here you go :)

And I jumped into a 4v4 game as USF (long time no see) with randoms on the wrong side of Rostov a day Before patch and won. And that was with armor Company and bought myself an M10 too. It killed a panther albeit in co-op with other tanks. So either my skills are godlike OR it's not so very difficult to play USF as people think on this forum.
6 Apr 2015, 10:11 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Apr 2015, 13:41 PMNEVEC
What was really changed with obersoldaten? LMG34 dps slightly reduced and cost 60 munition only. Paratroopers need to pay for their dps twice more.

Yes, that was it. Though 25% is not a slight reduction, it is pretty significant.

All it means now is that they don't automatically destroy all enemy infantry and you have to use cover a bit.
6 Apr 2015, 10:35 AM
Patrion 14

Obers are balanced now in 1s I believe. They are a large investment, but they are worth every cent. I don't think ober price should be reduced because if the price was, say, 360, the squadmembers would be cheaper to reinforce by quite a bit even with the LMG/IRSTG.
aaa
6 Apr 2015, 11:00 AM

Both germ fractions have a strong defending abilties. If they are deployed they become non-breakable in a short time.
So they get clear advantage in terms of winning on points.
Allied fraction cant set defended positions with 180 degree arc MGS , build shooting building killing any infantry, most tanks and worth at least 1 medium tank,
So to get balanced game
1. allied units must be bit stronger than germ units.
2. or germs must get more than 500 points to win, maybe 700

Ps dont know about USF cuz i when i get this game USF were nt available.
6 Apr 2015, 18:04 PM
Patrion 28

Nuclear Arbitor, since when is Wehrmacht/Ostheer OKH? That's strange and confusing.

after moscow when OKW generally took control of every other theater.

OKH: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oberkommando_des_Heeres
OKW: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oberkommando_der_Wehrmacht
6 Apr 2015, 19:58 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

after moscow when OKW generally took control of every other theater.

OKH: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oberkommando_des_Heeres
OKW: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oberkommando_der_Wehrmacht

To be fair though, the W in our OKW certainly ain't Wehrmacht.

But giving those titles to the two factions would make a lot more sense than what we got now (One faction is named after the entirety of the German military in World War 2...then there's another German military faction?).
7 Apr 2015, 00:27 AM
Patrion 28

yeah, i like to pretend that relic didn't invent a battle group.
7 Apr 2015, 00:34 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Oberkommando West doesn't bother me as much as Wehrmacht. It's made up, but artistic licence works fine with that. Wehrmacht isn't made up and is very misapplied.

I was definitely much happier without the Wehrmacht being explicitly named so I could assume it was Ostheer (also a much cooler name)...
7 Apr 2015, 06:10 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Apr 2015, 02:04 AMVitor

If it was up to me, i would re-design the faction around lots of automatic weapons, Panzer 4's and stugs.

Then the "late german army" won't be "late" anymore would it? You cannot extract KT, Puma (with 50 mm cannon) and Wurframen from OKW unnits line - unfortunately. What they could have done, is to give them rather shitty infantry - because in late war there were few elite trops remaining, but here is the faction design's problem. Not to mention that OKW misses one of its most representative weapons: FLAK 88 cannon. I can't even begin to tell how much OPness whine would that rotating, PAK43-like shooting gun would have started.
7 Apr 2015, 09:38 AM

because in late war there were few elite trops remaining
Yes, they had all moved on to better jobs by then. :)
PAGES (15)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 38
Germany 733
unknown 7

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %