Login

russian armor

Over nerfed Obers

PAGES (15)down
3 Apr 2015, 13:28 PM

1st of all if you know how smokes work you just pack up that mg42 and move back, people who do that have not much trouble with shocks as I have seen on both sides.

2nd where was I impolite? I said shock troops are stupid enough to brin a knife not you.

3rd shocks only come in a doctrine unlike Obers so if we are switching obers for shocks of course they will go in that doctrine, and shocks are in the doctrine with IS2 so yes please give me doctrine with shocks and is2.

You didn't think your argument through.

I still didn't see shocks having troubles when trying to get in close fights. Not even when I use them (and I'm not top 100 or somethin'). But anyway.... thanks for the accepted trade, at least you gave an answer and an explanation, didn't you?
3 Apr 2015, 13:41 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Apr 2015, 13:23 PMJaigen

Time for basic math: 10 % of 80 = 8 multiply by 3 = 24 so that means 80 + 24 = 104.

Really? dude

Umm what kind of math are you doing? Obers have a 0.7 incoming accuracy bonus, 80/0.7 is 114hp against small arms fire or the equivalent of 5.71 volks entities in durability against small arms fire and that's at vet 0.

@JohnnyB: Yes I'm saying if you gave obers to Allies (especially Soviets) the forums would be in uproar saying my 4 man gren squad is getting vaporised by that lmg. If allies had 4 man squads like axis they would never be able to close in on obers.
3 Apr 2015, 13:54 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Apr 2015, 13:23 PMJaigen

Time for basic math: 10 % of 80 = 8 multiply by 3 = 24 so that means 80 + 24 = 104.

Really? dude

Holy shit, dat math.

(1/0,7) = 1,42
(80 * 1,42) = 113,6 effective HP against small arms.

By your logic, if obers had 0.2 rec acc modifier then:

8*8 = 64, so obers would have 144 effective hp.

But in reality, it would be a 400% increase because:

(1/0.2) = 5
(80*5) = 400 effective hp.

3 Apr 2015, 14:30 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Apr 2015, 13:54 PMVitor

Holy shit, dat math.

(1/0,7) = 1,42
(80 * 1,42) = 113,6 effective HP against small arms.

By your logic, if obers had 0.2 rec acc modifier then:

8*8 = 64, so obers would have 144 effective hp.

But in reality, it would be a 400% increase because:

(1/0.2) = 5
(80*5) = 400 effective hp.

I think this just proves Jaigen hasn't a clue what he is talking about, to be honest I don't know why anyone even engages him at this point. (That's the last time I will anyway).
3 Apr 2015, 14:32 PM

@The Silver Sage
He never really had.
Just like with austerlitz, alex or sierra you argue him for fun, not for actual productive argument with rational points and valid proofs.
3 Apr 2015, 14:54 PM

@The Silver Sage
He never really had.
Just like with austerlitz, alex or sierra you argue him for fun, not for actual productive argument with rational points and valid proofs.

Every argument always ends up the same way, I really feel at this point it comes from a lack of understanding of game mechanics. The arguments are always wispy and made on a fundamentally incorrect piece of information, that or they are just acting ignorant of the facts for their own personal interests.
3 Apr 2015, 14:55 PM

Welcome to the human race.They need to teach logic for at least 4 years in every public school in the world....but they dont.

3 Apr 2015, 16:03 PM

Permanently Banned

Ok. Then be advised that I will trash your Obers with my shocks anytime, anywhere, anyhow on every map you can think of and you won't win one engagement. With or without your 60 amo upgrade.

Dont make me laugh

Obers are better 9 times outa 10

OKW ALWAYS FLOATS

vanilla obers beat all allied infrantry (ignore the OP PTRS, and they do beat para's when both are at vet0)

they get vet 5 and still have bullshit supression and sprint.

If shocks has passive sprint they would be better....

Try to close in with vet 3 shocks vs vet5 obers.

GUESS WHAT?

U CAN'T!

Y U MIGHT ASK?

THEY WILL BE FUCKING SUPRESSED, RENDERING THEM COMPLETELY FUCKING USELESS FOR 390 FUCKING MANPOWER

but YEAAAAHH

Shocks are better cus if my proponent is trash i can get close an make shit retreat.

I havent whiped shit with shocks in a while. most players know how to reposition team weapons if they see smoke. most player can also predict ur path and use nades, forcing ur shocks to retreat.

ALL THE ISSUES THAT OBERS DONT HAVE!
3 Apr 2015, 16:11 PM

Dont make me laugh

Obers are better 9 times outa 10

OKW ALWAYS FLOATS

vanilla obers beat all allied infrantry (ignore the OP PTRS, and they do beat para's when both are at vet0)

they get vet 5 and still have bullshit supression and sprint.

If shocks has passive sprint they would be better....

Very very true, even 2 squads of shocks with any other inf can be a massive MP drain for Soviets. 2-3 ober squads and you see the OKW floating 600MP that shows the difference in MP bleed between the squads.

Shocks: Give their lives to get in close and scare enemy away.

Obers: A move with lmg or if played properly (making them way more powerful), in green cover at long range drinking tea in between bursts.
3 Apr 2015, 16:24 PM

Very very true, even 2 squads of shocks with any other inf can be a massive MP drain for Soviets. 2-3 ober squads and you see the OKW floating 600MP that shows the difference in MP bleed between the squads.

Shocks: Give their lives to get in close and scare enemy away.

Obers: A move with lmg or if played properly (making them way more powerful), in green cover at long range drinking tea in between bursts.

Retreating low health squads from STs give them a forcefield since STs need to be close. Retreating low health squads from a Laser LMG means whipe often times.

There really should be no question which is more impactful. The best close range DPS or the best Long Range DPS.
3 Apr 2015, 16:44 PM

Remember when people were saying the Ober nerf would stop the blobing? lol.

OKW will always be blob prone as long as they lack support weapons and the ability to make tanks.
3 Apr 2015, 16:55 PM

OKW will always be blob prone as long as they lack support weapons and the ability to make tanks.

At least A-attack move blobs come with heavy muni price now.
3 Apr 2015, 16:56 PM

But OKW does not lack vehicles. Puma/JP4, they are very potent BUT ppl wants stuff easy to use, so they go Panther and bitch about Puma and JP4. They just lack skill and can't admit it.
3 Apr 2015, 17:00 PM

But OKW does not lack vehicles. Puma/JP4, they are very potent BUT ppl wants stuff easy to use, so they go Panther and bitch about Puma and JP4. They just lack skill and can't admit it.

Typical OKW player lacks the micro to use Puma so they prefer A-attack blobs with Obers.
3 Apr 2015, 17:39 PM

Typical OKW player lacks the micro to use Puma so they prefer A-attack blobs with Obers.

Yeah on one hand they say su85 is excellent then they call the jp4 trash even though it'll have a much easier time getting through allied armour. When used well they are really good, but still they call it trash... go figure!
3 Apr 2015, 17:52 PM

Yes they do, they don't have the fuel income of the other factions but they have the exact same MP income, I think you can put 2 and 2 together here.

Lots of MP + nothing to spend it on but infantry = lots of infantry! Who knew!

Why are you guys so dead set on insulting literally every player who plays OKW? Because people can play more than 1 faction.

Yeah on one hand they say su85 is excellent then they call the jp4 trash even though it'll have a much easier time getting through allied armour. When used well they are really good, but still they call it trash... go figure!

Nobody has ever said the JPIV is trash, but the SU-85 and JPIV are different for several reasons. One can sight for itself, one has better armor, one has a traversable gun, one does not.
3 Apr 2015, 17:57 PM

Nobody has ever said the JPIV is trash, but the SU-85 and JPIV are different for several reasons. One Both can sight for itselfthemselves one can just sight to max range with a movement nerf, one has better armor, one has a traversable gun, one does not.

Fixed. JP4 sees out to Range 45 at vet 0 further at Vet 2.
3 Apr 2015, 18:00 PM

Why are you guys so dead set on insulting literally every player who plays OKW? Because people can play more than 1 faction.

Majority of the OKW SS-Das Reich players I faced are n00bs and use only one strategy. I play OKW as well but I exploit different kind of strategies. People tend forget OKW has verity of options. I prefer building Falls and Fus than Obers on some games.
3 Apr 2015, 18:07 PM

Fixed. JP4 sees out to Range 45 at vet 0 further at Vet 2.

Okay? They both have theirs strengths and weakness's, neither is a shitty tank.

Majority of the OKW SS-Das Reich players I faced are n00bs and use only one strategy. I play OKW as well but I exploit different kind of strategies. People tend forget OKW has verity of options. I prefer building Falls and Fus than Obers on some games.

And I build lots of Sturmtigers, a majority of players who play every faction are noobs and use only 1 strategy.
4 Apr 2015, 12:51 PM

You OKW only players are hilarious. The best infantry in the game and you complain.
Despite the nerf they are still beastly unit. How spoiled can one be?
PAGES (15)down
2 users are browsing this thread: 2 guests

Livestreams

New Zealand 113
unknown 23
South Africa 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %