Login

russian armor

Over nerfed Obers

PAGES (15)down
31 Mar 2015, 13:22 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Mar 2015, 12:48 PMKatitof

Unless you are using tier building directly in combat, the tier costs mean jack shit. Moreover you don't dismantle all previous tiers after getting single obers and put them all back again to get another one.

Tech costs are just that-an indicator of WHEN unit should arrive. Units cost itself is one of indicators of its performance.

My math included every mandatory stat. Its simply your comprehension which can't go over it as you simply lack the understanding of what is what in the game.

@Alexzandvar
No one holds you back and about every single person on these boards expects you to be the author of that thread(how UP everything is now).

Dismissing tiering cost for units like Obers is wrong especialy when you compare them with units that don't require extra resources for tiering because they are just call-ins.
31 Mar 2015, 13:22 PM

and so it begins...
31 Mar 2015, 13:25 PM

Wow, really?
The patch hasn't even started and you make this thread?
That's useless. Sure, you know the stats but nobody has played the finished patch so it is still useless.
31 Mar 2015, 13:35 PM

It also doesn't take into account that fact Fuss, JLI and Fallsch will be cheaper, unnerfed, and I don't need to pay munitions to get my full DPS out of them.

This just changed the meta, I expect a whine thread on those 3 infantry by 10 oclock on the marrow, don't disappoint me!

Forums will be filled in with tears related to JLIs, Pzfusiliers and Falls. ...maybe not fusiliers.
I predict that next OKW infantry nurfing requests will target Falls. Let's abuse them untill then, muhahahahaaaaaa!!
31 Mar 2015, 13:35 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Wow, really?
The patch hasn't even started and you make this thread?
That's useless. Sure, you know the stats but nobody has played the finished patch so it is still useless.

Imagine if they released these notes a week ago. THE SHITSTORM OF THREADS WOULD BE REAL.

I think relic does NDA to save us as a community from self destruction.

It's like being a professional cake artist and spending all this time making someone a Really COOL birthday cake, and you show them a glimpse of it because they reallllllly want to see!!

and they're disapointed and they hate the design and taste of the cake, even though you're a professional cake artist and you know what you're doing.

so from then on out you hide the design of the cake until their birthday and share NOTHING about what it looks like because the person doesn't appreciate a good cake.
MVCake
31 Mar 2015, 13:40 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Mar 2015, 13:35 PMJohnnyB

Forums will be filled in with tears related to JLIs, Pzfusiliers and Falls. ...maybe not fusiliers.
I predict that next OKW infantry nurfing requests will target Falls. Let's abuse them untill then, muhahahahaaaaaa!!

All of them require doctrine choice, hefty investment and sometimes muni investment.
None of them scales as good as obers.
None of them have as sick and godly rec acc modifiers as overs.
None of them suppresses with vet.
None of them have over 20 DPS at long range.

The only whine I can see about them will be coming from OKW warriors on a zealous crusade to revive obers in another form.
31 Mar 2015, 13:42 PM

Excellent cake analogy, though I think Relic probably uses too many dragées and though the rest of the cake is pretty okay (McCain deep-dish) that stuff hurts your teeth but they insist on using them when it could be an immaculate cake (DQ ice-cream pizza).
31 Mar 2015, 13:44 PM

Kübler-Ross model:
Denial.
31 Mar 2015, 13:52 PM

Obers Kars are still good, dont forget that Obers LMG still fires at move :snfBarton:

This. Stop complaining about Ober over nerf when everyone knows this Terminator needed a nerf. Ober squads needed that DPS nerf and pay for that LMG. Jesus, now infantry (not sure how Rifiles still stand) can actually have *some* chance of engaging these units. Not to mention, OKW now needs to decide if he wants to invest in a doctrine with call in infantry or buy shreks. You cant have it both ways.
31 Mar 2015, 13:53 PM

Is this thread for real? Patch is not even online and you know Obers are nerfed into the ground?

Obers even without LMGs are very good. Try terror officer with 3 Obers around officer.

Also keep in mind insane vet 5.
31 Mar 2015, 13:58 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Mar 2015, 13:40 PMKatitof

All of them require doctrine choice, hefty investment and sometimes muni investment.
None of them scales as good as obers.
None of them have as sick and godly rec acc modifiers as overs.
None of them suppresses with vet.
None of them have over 20 DPS at long range.

The only whine I can see about them will be coming from OKW warriors on a zealous crusade to revive obers in another form.

Yes. But:
I found falls to be better than Obers in many situations though. TBH, I used obers in 1 of 4 games as OKW while using other units. Damn' am I the only one who used combined arms with OKW?!?:facepalm:
31 Mar 2015, 14:01 PM

This. Stop complaining about Ober over nerf when everyone knows this Terminator needed a nerf. Ober squads needed that DPS nerf and pay for that LMG. Jesus, now infantry (not sure how Rifiles still stand) can actually have *some* chance of engaging these units. Not to mention, OKW now needs to decide if he wants to invest in a doctrine with call in infantry or buy shreks. You cant have it both ways.

LOL if your rifles cannot handle obers now good luck dealing with the fsj.
31 Mar 2015, 14:02 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Mar 2015, 13:22 PMJohnnyB

Dismissing tiering cost for units like Obers is wrong especialy when you compare them with units that don't require extra resources for tiering because they are just call-ins.

So then t-34/76s (50 fuel + 120 fuel + 100 fuel) should outperform Tiger Is (230 fuel)?
31 Mar 2015, 14:04 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Mar 2015, 14:01 PMJaigen

LOL if your rifles cannot handle obers now good luck dealing with the fsj.

Actually, if you weren't a completely blind with the ober butthurt you'd see that even without LMG Rifles are still no match against Obers.
31 Mar 2015, 14:06 PM

Katitof is the Gorbachev of COH2.

On topic: It's not an overnerf. Stock Obers could hard counter light vehicles, that was fucked up. They just come out too late now. Way too late.
31 Mar 2015, 14:06 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Mar 2015, 14:02 PMWygrif

So then t-34/76s (50 fuel + 120 fuel + 100 fuel) should outperform Tiger Is (230 fuel)?

Vehicles are a different story and what you said can be applied to PZIV also vs IS2.
31 Mar 2015, 14:09 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Mar 2015, 14:06 PMJohnnyB

Vehicles are a different story and what you said can be applied to PZIV also vs IS2.

Heavy tanks and callin meta is stupid; that is its own huge problem that hasnt been touched by Relic yet...

-

Obers pay for their LMG.

Their LMG is now less than two lmg42's.

This part was needed.
31 Mar 2015, 14:10 PM

To much whine. Lock forum until tomorow. ;)
31 Mar 2015, 14:11 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Mar 2015, 14:04 PMKatitof

Actually, if you weren't a completely blind with the ober butthurt you'd see that even without LMG Rifles are still no match against Obers.

such retarded logic. one squad is 400 mp the other 280. but im better of sending either 2 volks a fsj or a fusilier. they get the job done a lot better. im not arguing that obers are stronger. they are not worth getting for the price you are paying and are the moment the worst infantry in the game if you look on the stats. Their is no point in getting them.

if shocktroopers could not handle 2 volks you would be pissed , obers cannot handle 2 rifleman or even conscripts efficiently.

That obers need to pay ammo for their lmg's is something i approve of. but now they need to be reduced to 300/280 mp/
31 Mar 2015, 14:13 PM

Well they did absolutely nothing about American blobs in the same time which do also insane damage. People are just scared that OKW will struggle to keep up against them because OKW doesn't really have much to offer in terms of "combined arms". No medium tanks, no proper MGs (only doctrinal and weak MG34), no cheap mortar, no Snipers. All you have is your own infantry blob that got nerfed, the unreliable leIG (lets see about the buff), the Stuka which you cannot guarantee to hit, the unreliable Flak Halftrack that gets scared off by a single AT gun, and the probably best alternative the Luchs (which will have to be careful against AT still).

Personally I am not awfully scared. OKW still have good doctrinal infantry choices, some squad wipers got nerfed (although if that article on the site about the Greyhound and Motor Howitzer are analyzing the situation correctly it doesn't look like they got really nerfed even). The Raketenwerfer buff was one of the most needed changes for OKW. The problem is they do not seem to do much of what they promise to improve blob counters / punish blobbing, especially not against USF, they only nerfed some OKW units and thus their blobs.
PAGES (15)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS