Login

russian armor

Can't understand Relic's strategy: patches and otherwise

30 Mar 2015, 20:42 PM

I still don't know why the closed beta community hasn't leaked more. All you need to do is put up an anonymous pastebin and Relic would never be able to tell who did it.

Because if that happens there will be no closed beta group.
30 Mar 2015, 20:42 PM

As always, patchnotes will hit the forums at release or slightly before.
30 Mar 2015, 20:44 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Mar 2015, 20:42 PMTetley

Because if that happens there will be no closed beta group.

It would be impossible to tell who did it, and you unless the game developer is retarded they won't throw out the entire closed beta group.

Leaks are the community way of policing development.
30 Mar 2015, 20:48 PM

The problem is they'll come super happy of their work and we'll just trashtalk them and their over-bugged and balance-breaking-more-than-before patch.

Expect 1 or 2 fix after the release of tomorrow. To correct the most obvious but leave anything else.
30 Mar 2015, 20:52 PM

hey guys, all this makes me come to following conclusion. stop any hype train until relic publishes something with value. well, it makes no sense at all! Rumors killing this good community! - that i do not believe but stop that hype. I m letting relic, cynthia be hyped but I´ll wait until they say something valuable.
30 Mar 2015, 21:00 PM

Most mind boggling communications strategy in the entire industry...

30 Mar 2015, 21:26 PM
Strategist Badge
Patrion 39

I'm saying that their business model is outdated. Companies nowadays get more and more transparent and a healthy flow of information with the community definitely wouldn't hurt. It saddens me to see streamers (including myself) telling newcomers to the franchise that we don't know anything about upcoming patches. I myself would love to promote the game as a competitve title and tell people that they can be looking forward to future updates. A lot of good people have been turning away from the game in the past because of that.

Well, it's Relic decision in the end. They decide which way their game goes. If they decide to handle things that way, you either accept it or move on.
30 Mar 2015, 21:36 PM
Benefactor 355

Lets face it people, we are scum. We love to hate something/someone. Imagine if coh2 was a perfect game and Relic was a perfect studio. We would have been at each other's throats starting day one. This way all of us have a common enemy and set of reasons for dat quality bitching. #MVGame
30 Mar 2015, 21:37 PM

releasing patch info early would only cause a storm of "axis OP" threads about an unreleased patch that no ones played.
30 Mar 2015, 22:04 PM

I think people will be disappointed by the patch.
.. there are a lot of issues. There is no way relic will be able to address all of those in a single patch (wouldn't mind being proven wrong though) .

The way I see it there is two possibilities to give things a positive spin:
  • Monumental patch (unlikely)
  • Regular patch AND news that rekindles interest in the franchise

I believe most of the community (those still playing and even people mildly interested enough to check for news) will be watching this patch closely and will probably form some sort of opinion of the games future.

Why shouldn't we?
It has been 5 months (152 days) since the last real balance patch. There have been no further news of any substance - not even a hint except 'excitement' and some news gleaned form game files (and that has been a mixed bag as it evoked some bad memories of cohO).
30 Mar 2015, 22:19 PM
Donator 11

I can already see the upcoming threads, tomorrow :)

"patch true disappointment"... , "axis more op", "was this patch an april fool?"
30 Mar 2015, 22:21 PM

It would be impossible to tell who did it, and you unless the game developer is retarded they won't throw out the entire closed beta group.

Leaks are the community way of policing development.

We are horses (perhaps donkeys or more aptly ''asses'') being led by a carrot on a stick. Relic are wondering how long it will take us to realise we'll never get the reward. I've stopped hoping for improvement and that way can't be upset with lackluster changes.

See example here for metaphor, we are the horse, relic the rider.

I imagine the laughter in this video is how Relic respond when reading our cries for information.
30 Mar 2015, 22:21 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Mar 2015, 22:04 PMMadok
I think people will be disappointed by the patch.
It has been 5 months (152 days) since the last real balance patch. There have been no further news of any substance - not even a hint except 'excitement' and some news gleaned form game files (and that has been a mixed bag as it evoked some bad memories of cohO).

I think I would prefer a lot of smaller, more frequent changes than these monumental patches that change the fundamentals of the game (including breaking some things even more).

Small constant adjustments would be much better for this game and the community.
30 Mar 2015, 22:23 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Mar 2015, 22:19 PMSwonVIP
I can already see the upcoming threads, tomorrow :)

"patch true disappointment"... , "axis more op", "was this patch an april foul?"

I bet its gonna be an april fools day joke.

How did you manage to get that good at 4 v 4 games? Are you an asian guy playin only with other asian guys of your clan?
30 Mar 2015, 22:27 PM
Donator 11

We are horses (perhaps donkeys or more aptly ''asses'') being led by a carrot on a stick. Relic are wondering how long it will take us to realise we'll never get the reward. I've stopped hoping for improvement and that way can't be upset with lackluster changes.

See example here for metaphor, we are the horse, relic the rider.

I imagine the laughter in this video is how Relic respond when reading our cries for information.

Relic is not the rider becouse there is an universal law of return of a purchase of a product.

There is also Russian state which should suit Relic for assaulting soviet veterans of WW2.
30 Mar 2015, 22:28 PM
Honorary Member Badge

Relics master plan is "they can't hate the patch if they don't know what's in it."

That's not working well
30 Mar 2015, 22:32 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

Or their tears,if the pony bucks the rider....
30 Mar 2015, 22:35 PM

Relic is not the rider becouse there is an universal law of return of a purchase of a product.

You might want to educate yourself on how it works when you're getting online software. The law you speak of applies to physical goods, you forfeit it when you buy and use digital software, unless that software doesn't work for you at all. GB is the only country I know where the rule doesn't apply, but going for chargeback by using that law breaks the contract you've signed up with for example steam(if that was the platform you have used to get the software) and gets you black listed for further purchases on the platform.

There is also Russian state which should suit Relic for assaulting soviet veterans of WW2.

That russian state is a bunch of uneducated morons who have never even played the game. Can we finally leave this topic?
30 Mar 2015, 22:36 PM

Besides COH2 is a spit in the face of history. Soviets were heroes and victors.

Why did Relic do that? Becouse Canadian secret police forced them to do so. Its a part of Canadas massmedia campaign in claim of Artic oil. COH2 is a political propaganda massmedia thing.

Darn! You've discovered our plan! I guess now we'll have to share our precious oil after all.

Can we still be friends? We'll send you some maple syrup, eh.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 45
Germany 13
Korea, Republic Of 1
Germany 44

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %