73%
18%
8%
Total votes: 49
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
19 Mar 2015, 15:40 PM
Donator 11

I think that doctrinal units should be more expensive than normal units
(call-in P4 should cost more MP and fuel than a P4 you build)
what do you think?
19 Mar 2015, 15:54 PM

Incorrect question.
1) Call-in units are not the same as built ones (except Ostwind?)
2) Higly depends on their role and how good they are in that role.
19 Mar 2015, 16:02 PM
Donator 11

sure you they are not the same but i mean if you somehow calculate their performance they should be more expensive than normal units
19 Mar 2015, 16:06 PM

id rather rethink the call in system completely.
19 Mar 2015, 16:11 PM
Patrion 14

id rather rethink the call in system completely.

^

Changing the cost price of some units won't fix much...
19 Mar 2015, 16:29 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Mar 2015, 16:02 PMChiro
sure you they are not the same but i mean if you somehow calculate their performance they should be more expensive than normal units

They are more expensive.
Ostwind and Puma are the only 2 call-ins in game that have equivalent in the stock army.
19 Mar 2015, 16:35 PM

They cost more than stock units if you don't count teching, which is the issue.

Call in's should be tied to teching, which would just naturally increase the fuel price.
19 Mar 2015, 17:09 PM

Does it not depend on the particular unit?
Ostruppen are already mild in their price effectiveness (I'm speaking of the 0CP version) so it would probably make them go extinct if they were even more expensive than grens.
AG are already at a questionable position cost-wise so I'm not sure what to say about it.
I can say the same for Partisans and Irregulars.
The only call-in I'd find questionable would be the double T-34/85. The rest are decently priced and perform according to their value.
21 Mar 2015, 00:50 AM

I think having Call-in tied to your Tiered buildings presents a unique option. It stops players from waiting or holding out till they get those doctrine call in units. I tend to think such as thing could be very easy to implement.

For example you can't call in Tigers unless you have the Tier 4 building.
For Example you can't call in T-34/85 unless you have the Tier 3 Building.

Etc.
21 Mar 2015, 01:24 AM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

Moved to Lobby and fixed title.
21 Mar 2015, 03:58 AM
Senior Editor Badge

I really feel like Relic fucked up with the way factions and call ins work in this game.

I think, ideally, every faction should have a heavy, non-doctrinal tank available from T0, after all other techs have been researched/built, just like OKW. Next, there could be various call-in medium tanks available from various doctrines that are weaker than the standard tech vehicles, yet cost less fuel. Of course, the opposite could be true, where there could be one or several weaker medium tanks in tech, and stronger medium tanks as call-ins.

My vision would be, for example, the current Panzer IV Ausf. whateverthefuckitis would stay in T3, but have a few commanders with a call-in Panzer III Ausf. J that would be cheaper than teching up and getting the P4 and come out sooner, but would be disadvantaged towards other larger medium tanks and heavy tanks. For the soviet equivalent, that would be like having the T34/85 being doctrinal and the T34/76 as a call-in.

As for the WFA armies, they are a much more difficult challenge. USF teching needs to be re-worked, period. M10 should get penetration with vet to make it viable. OKW's reliance on infantry AT as their main AT seems silly. But that's a whole different subject.

I don't know how either of those systems would work in terms of being tied to tech cost, however, if the current call-in state were to be preserved, tanks should be tied to tech cost.

But seriousely Relic, just give me a PIII. That's all I want.
21 Mar 2015, 09:18 AM

They should be priced according to their performance, but they should require tech so they don't give you a 200+manpower/100+fuel advantage by not teching.
21 Mar 2015, 09:27 AM

What a idiotic poll. Unit prices should be upon their effectiveness.. Do you think that command p4 should cost more than nondoc p4? That's stupid approach.
21 Mar 2015, 09:28 AM

they should require tech so they don't give you a 200+manpower/100+fuel advantage by not teching.

Totally agreed.. that should be and all unit command points should be revised then..
21 Mar 2015, 09:52 AM

They should be priced according to their performance, but they should require tech so they don't give you a 200+manpower/100+fuel advantage by not teching.

The King Tiger is an excellent example of a well priced and tier placed unit. All heavies and call ins should be placed/priced like it.
21 Mar 2015, 09:55 AM

The King Tiger is an excellent example of a well priced and tier placed unit. All heavies and call ins should be placed/priced like it.

Dream on bro. :snfCHVGame: Relic won't make it happen. :foreveralone:
21 Mar 2015, 15:56 PM

Let's prepare for 14min KTs vs IS2s fights in 4v4.
21 Mar 2015, 17:16 PM

problem wouldnt even exist if relic would just implement a resource scaling system.....
21 Mar 2015, 17:30 PM

So? This would make it better for Allies and Axis.

I fail to see what your point is, especially considering to rush a KT that fast your Ostheer player has to no build any troops and be spamming fuel drops around the clock.

EDIT: And fuel drops assume you already have a fuel point locked down that can't be pushed...
21 Mar 2015, 18:23 PM

So? This would make it better for Allies and Axis.

I fail to see what your point is, especially considering to rush a KT that fast your Ostheer player has to no build any troops and be spamming fuel drops around the clock.

EDIT: And fuel drops assume you already have a fuel point locked down that can't be pushed...

14min with Luftwaffe, 17min without.

So what? I guess you have not played the game when M3 costed 90MP and early/mid game took 10min till medium/late-late.
Relic has increased prices of light vehicles in one purporse. Delay fast late-game and now you want late game around 14-17min. Brilliant.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★