Login

russian armor

RELIC-how about you tell us what is in the march 31 patch!

PAGES (11)down
18 Mar 2015, 10:49 AM
Patrion 26

Sometimes it seems to me that those who are defending the RELIC side have never played any other game and followed it so deeply like COH2.

Like Europa universalis IV (EU IV) had in the last year many many more balance patches. All of them where discused in the forums, the developers asked for the oppinion of the community. A game of such scale has more balance patches than a game like COH2? Incredible stuff from Paradox developers or not so much incredible stuff from RELIC developers?

SO lets look at DOTA2, almost every week a minor balance patch, almost monthly a bigger balance patch. Weekly patches for a game that is considered as one of the most balanced competetive games in the world?

And what is this kind of NDA there at RELIC, i mean that an NDA that is seriously hurting the communication with the customers and hurting the overall product development is an NDA that needs to be reconsidered.
18 Mar 2015, 10:54 AM

There is no point in discussing this again. I myself do not understand why Relic is going so crazy about their NDAs and stuff when plenty other game companies seem to be able to provide you with at least some informations about new patch features weeks or months in advance without everything breaking down, but they made it clear enough that they won't change a thing about this no matter what the community has to say about that.

It is only two weeks until then, I guess we can handle it, we will have waited around a half year for a balance patch then already, so what is two weeks. I do not have high expectations anyway.
18 Mar 2015, 11:05 AM
Benefactor 3110

I understand you guys. I really do. On the other hand, why not just wait what relic delivers (If they do). I am not hyped at all tbh.
18 Mar 2015, 11:09 AM
Honorary Member Badge

That would be great but really, you think so?

No
18 Mar 2015, 11:18 AM

Actually, I'll have to rethink what I've said.

I have extremely high expectations, very high expectations in fact, of the DLC incoming.
18 Mar 2015, 13:29 PM

i remember cynthina stating in the stream that they are working on getting better with communicating with the community, but it takes time.

NO it does not.

you just communicate. drop the lame NDA !

i am so sick and tired of relic's lame excuses and false promises.

we are talking about a video game here (entertainment), and relic feels the need to have NDA on patches. how ridiculous is that.

18 Mar 2015, 13:32 PM
Senior Editor Badge

18 Mar 2015, 13:40 PM

Sometimes it seems to me that those who are defending the RELIC side have never played any other game and followed it so deeply like COH2.

Like Europa universalis IV (EU IV) had in the last year many many more balance patches. All of them where discused in the forums, the developers asked for the oppinion of the community. A game of such scale has more balance patches than a game like COH2? Incredible stuff from Paradox developers or not so much incredible stuff from RELIC developers?

SO lets look at DOTA2, almost every week a minor balance patch, almost monthly a bigger balance patch. Weekly patches for a game that is considered as one of the most balanced competetive games in the world?

And what is this kind of NDA there at RELIC, i mean that an NDA that is seriously hurting the communication with the customers and hurting the overall product development is an NDA that needs to be reconsidered.

Too bad our community isn't as civilized as the EU4 Community :P
18 Mar 2015, 13:56 PM

is the coh2 community bad by nature or is it a result of how it has been treated ?
18 Mar 2015, 14:13 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

I am still pleased with the last patch that added better cover mechanics. That was 6 months ago. Here's hoping they can keep the string of good patches going.
18 Mar 2015, 14:18 PM

is the coh2 community bad by nature or is it a result of how it has been treated ?

My grandfather use to say, "Companies got the unions they deserved", and I think the same goes for this. Because Relic refuses even the most routine communication the community becomes bitter, they respond by being angry, Relic appears to ignore them or say "NDA". Until Relic steps up to the plate and opens up about its plans the community will continue to be toxic.

As far as I can tell the only thing not covered by the NDA is that the NDA covers everything but the NDA.
18 Mar 2015, 14:32 PM

Just about every response or bit of communication from Relic is typically a 'not my job' type statement or something is too much work/too hard to change or fix.

Which is the last thing I want to hear from the developers of the game I'm trying to play.
18 Mar 2015, 15:31 PM

Relic was a bit unresponsive back in the old days, but it was never this bad...

Maybe it's Sega. Someone active in the Total War community could probably comment on how they handle developments stuff there.

I think they have this unending hope that if they keep stuff under wraps, the NEXT big thing will somehow get the game more attention and respect. It's a failed strategy.

I'm really not sure they care that much about multiplayer to be honest. I'm sure expansions and campaigns are making them more money than the commanders ever did, so that could be one reason we haven't seen any OKW or US commanders. The Sega managers look at the bottom line and tell Relic to do what increases their revenue stream, E-sports and long-term longevity be-damned.

The attitude is just different than it was toward COH1. COH1 was a groundbreaking multiplayer RTS and they emphasized that. The OF campaigns (was there even a Brit campaign, honestly can't remember) were nowhere near as developed as their single-player content for COH2.The COH2 emphasis has been much, much more geared toward singleplayer.

18 Mar 2015, 15:40 PM

Relic was a bit unresponsive back in the old days, but it was never this bad...

Maybe it's Sega. Someone active in the Total War community could probably comment on how they handle developments stuff there.

I think they have this unending hope that if they keep stuff under wraps, the NEXT big thing will somehow get the game more attention and respect. It's a failed strategy.

I'm really not sure they care that much about multiplayer to be honest. I'm sure expansions and campaigns are making them more money than the commanders ever did, so that could be one reason we haven't seen any OKW or US commanders. The Sega managers look at the bottom line and tell Relic to do what increases their revenue stream, E-sports and long-term longevity be-damned.

The attitude is just different than it was toward COH1. COH1 was a groundbreaking multiplayer RTS and they emphasized that. The OF campaigns (was there even a Brit campaign, honestly can't remember) were nowhere near as developed as their single-player content for COH2.The COH2 emphasis has been much, much more geared toward singleplayer.

Sorry but what you are talking doesn't make much sense at all. While relics communication was always horrenduosly bad, it has improved quite a bit from the old times. Atleast Cynthia occasionally pops up in streams, says stuff that they are working on , even if they dont go into the specifics.

Also your understanding of single player for coh 1 and coh 2 is tottaly wrong. Coh 2 had waaayyy more singeplayer focus than coh 2 ever did.

As far as support goes, coh 2 exceeds coh 1 support significantly. Coh 1 support was terrible. Coh 2 support is pretty bad but it's definately much better.

And SEGA doesn't control relic that much AFAIK, and they definately dont control relic in the NDA term. Look at creative assembly, they communicate, they advertise and they dont have any bullshit NDA.

That said i dont mind the NDA if the content delivered is good. I have over 1000 hours in coh 2, so i definately can say that coh 2 is good.

18 Mar 2015, 15:52 PM

NDA nerf when?

I hope patch would be big. It should as we played 6 mounts pretty much same game. Balance (which balance, lol?) will be completely wasted nonetheless. OKW end times is upon us.

But thats Relic so we could get kt ace commander for 2.99$ alongside with Ostheer nerfs for reasons unknown.
18 Mar 2015, 16:00 PM
Coder Red Badge

It was far worse in the past, at least from 2009 up to the last season or two of CoH1 SNF, when Relic realized they would be able to make a sequel and started trying to generate goodwill by sponsoring some tournaments and collaborating with the community on the last balance patch. Aside from that, there was essentially zero communication except around patch time. No tournament or stream promotion, no feedback on or solicitation for suggestions, nothing.

Communication really isn't as important as you guys think it is. Valve is notorious for being really terrible with communicating about their games, yet Dota 2 and CSGO are the two most popular Steam games by huge margins because they make very good games, and at the end of the day quality is what matters most.
18 Mar 2015, 16:03 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Mar 2015, 15:52 PMJadame!
NDA nerf when?

I hope patch would be big. It should as we played 6 mounts pretty much same game. Balance (which balance, lol?) will be completely wasted nonetheless. OKW end times is upon us.

But thats Relic so we could get kt ace commander for 2.99$ alongside with Ostheer nerfs and it will be it.

DON'T even give them this idea or they will implement this! For one thing I cannot understand, COH2 sold millions of copies and made shit tons of $$$$, how can they not re-invest quantity of cash in the game to make it fun and fair? I really hope the $$$ they earned with AA campaign is used to fulfill a masterful balance patch this March. #L2OperateBusiness.
18 Mar 2015, 16:04 PM

My only point was that this post is a complete fabrication. We have no idea what the next patch will bring, so why go around saying that it's going to be a balance patch? I wouldn't be surprised if it was just a warspoils/in game currency system being implemented along with some maps. I'm hoping for a balance patch though, because I don't think I can handle any more OKW.

It's going to deal with balance in some form, but we don't know for sure whether is will ONLY deal with balance.

I understand you guys. I really do. On the other hand, why not just wait what relic delivers (If they do). I am not hyped at all tbh.

Sensible.

And SEGA doesn't control relic that much AFAIK, and they definately dont control relic in the NDA term. Look at creative assembly, they communicate, they advertise and they dont have any bullshit NDA.

They do have an NDA, they just break it because they aren't idiots and nobody in the YOOL 2015 gives a shit about NDA's.

I really wish the mods handn't clamped down so I could stop people from saying this :P

PAGES (11)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS