Login

russian armor

Schwerer so broken, will it be fixed in the upcoming patch?

PAGES (19)down
14 Mar 2015, 22:14 PM

wow accusing some one of bias with zero argument attached, gotta love it.

How about making even a passing attempt here, instead of jumping on your high horse.

No need for argument agasint someone who says get AT gun, schwerer will go down.
14 Mar 2015, 22:16 PM

No need for argument agasint someone who says get AT gun, schwerer will go down.

He actually suggested something, instead of shooting down every suggestion because in your hypothetical world it's impossible.
14 Mar 2015, 22:18 PM

Pack howie...So cheap and comes with AT mine % MG.

120mm comes with IS2, ISU so you dont need to bother with late game KT.

Cheaper than a schwere panzer hq :rofl:
Guard motor comes with 2x t34/85 + mark vehicle, such a bad doctrine to take a KT out.

14 Mar 2015, 22:27 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Mar 2015, 21:31 PMPorygon

Getting a 120 or pack howie is very hard, okay. :guyokay:

Pffffffff

Buying that thing practically lets Volk spam overrun the USF player in 1v1 with how outrageously expensive it is most of the time.

Not to mention it's so horribly inaccurate outside of its near-minimum range it practically can't hit even the Schwerer reliably at AT gun range, leaving you to park a gun with the same survivability as the 57mm (because it is decrewed after losing 3 men) even closer to further make it terribly unlikely to succeed if your opponent is not completely ignoring everything you're doing.
14 Mar 2015, 23:02 PM

He actually suggested something, instead of shooting down every suggestion because in your hypothetical world it's impossible.

Amazing suggestion. Schwerer behind shot blocker - end of story.

Cheaper than a schwere panzer hq :rofl:
Guard motor comes with 2x t34/85 + mark vehicle, such a bad doctrine to take a KT out.

This is pure troll.

And Guard motor will do nothing agaisnt KT+Pak43.
So in fact I have to play against OKW with only 1 doctrine? That's amazing.
14 Mar 2015, 23:12 PM

And Guard motor will do nothing agaisnt KT+Pak43.
So in fact I have to play against OKW with only 1 doctrine? That's amazing.

A katyusha will destroy the pak43 and the schwere panzer hq. Learn to use your units before complaining something is op. Still you can use at guns, smoke, demo charges etc, but I know that requires some micro and is therefore out of question, in your case.
14 Mar 2015, 23:17 PM

Permanently Banned

A katyusha will destroy the pak43 and the schwere panzer hq. Learn to use your units before complaining something is op. Still you can use at guns, smoke, demo charges etc, but I know that requires some micro and is therefore out of question, in your case.

How about u demonstrate this against a competent OKW player.

I guarantee you none of ur Bullshit "suggestions" work

Especially when im playing OKW
14 Mar 2015, 23:25 PM

A competent OKW player doesn't place his Schwere Panzer HQ too agressively; it will be near base or near the base cut off & it can be placed near, not to close to the medic hq.

Why is that? Because a lone schwere panzer hq is dead meat, you need units to protect it.
Hence you need combined arms to take out combined arms.

14 Mar 2015, 23:29 PM

But why are we talking about Soviets? They don't have such problems with it.

It's USF faction who is struggling.

You are OKW hero, so any disscusion about OKW with you is pointless.

So I guess, according to your statement, Jesulin is a really bad player since he was not able to kill Schwerer in a game vs Paula.

But Im gonna stop here. I wont a troll anymore.
14 Mar 2015, 23:36 PM

Amazing suggestion. Schwerer behind shot blocker - end of story.

The problem I have isn't with just this specific case, but you in general seem to have this complex were you shoot down literally every suggestion someone gives to you regarding OKW. If your points were actually true, then you would not have as many wins with allies as you do.

OKW are just as easy to defeat as the rest of the armies, they have weakness's, if you chose to ignore those that's on you.
15 Mar 2015, 00:16 AM

Allright, I've made my tests using cheatmod and found out that vet 0 ZIS-3 need about 70+/-10 seconds to take that thing out.

I thought it would be longer, because in my experience in 4v4 I ususally don't have enough time to take it out that way.
15 Mar 2015, 00:36 AM

Allright, I've made my tests using cheatmod and found out that vet 0 ZIS-3 need about 70+/-10 seconds to take that thing out.

I thought it would be longer, because in my experience in 4v4 I ususally don't have enough time to take it out that way.

It would be pretty broken if a single AT gun could kill it quickly.
15 Mar 2015, 00:47 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

It would be pretty broken if a single AT gun could kill it quickly.

Why would that be? If the OKW player feared they would be unlikely to successfully defend it, they could just build it in their base instead.
15 Mar 2015, 00:51 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Mar 2015, 00:47 AMVuther

Why would that be? If the OKW player feared they would be unlikely to successfully defend it, they could just build it in their base instead.

Since when do AT gun's cost fuel? An AT gun can do it's full 160 damage to it with no chance to bounce, you don't think that's already enough?

If you shoot at the Schwer with more than one thing it goes down pretty quick. The Schwer isn't an issue, and the only people who have problems with it have never played OKW before to understand it's importance.

OKW doesn't have any fortification options to lock down territory, you need to get a doctrine and then it's a LOT of munitions, and with how desperate OKW is for fuel them being able to lock down some of the map isn't unbalanced.
15 Mar 2015, 00:52 AM
Patrion 14

The only problem I have with the flak truck is its penetration. DPS and suppression are more or less fine. But it shouldn't be able to kill a T-34 or a Sherman from the front without at least some kind of help.
15 Mar 2015, 00:53 AM

The Schwerer is balanced I think. It can't take out Shermans(If their frontal armour is facing the flak truck), t-34's or any Russian heavy tanks which is fine; at the very least, they it can suppress infantry and deal a small amount of damage. For 80 petrol, I better get a truck that can do something.

Of course, the Allied Supreme Council of fanboys would want the flak truck to be reverted to its state near release where the damage was greatly reduced, and you could literally have a few Rifle squads with bazooka's walk up, ignore any damage and blow it up...god forbid the Allies actually have to micro and use unit abilities to take out the flak truck. I've lost my flak truck in team games more times than I can count because mortars, AT guns supported by infantry seem to be hard counters to it.
15 Mar 2015, 01:05 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Since when do AT gun's cost fuel? An AT gun can do it's full 160 damage to it with no chance to bounce, you don't think that's already enough?

If you shoot at the Schwer with more than one thing it goes down pretty quick. The Schwer isn't an issue, and the only people who have problems with it have never played OKW before to understand it's importance.

OKW doesn't have any fortification options to lock down territory, you need to get a doctrine and then it's a LOT of munitions, and with how desperate OKW is for fuel them being able to lock down some of the map isn't unbalanced.

Since when do tiers lock down the map with suppression and medium AT capacity? A minute is still an eternity in this game. There's a lot of territory you can neutralize or capture in a minute, disregarding the simple ability of just bringing units up to the Schwerer.

Yes, and getting a bunch of things to shoot at it is also difficult, like my previous complaint a player will only reliably take it down with a bunch of tanks with the enemy's other forces drawn to another side of the map that are far more expensive than the Schwerer.

The Soviets can't lock down territory without a doctrine either. No one can lock down territory like a Schwerer HQ...while coming with a tier.
15 Mar 2015, 01:07 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Mar 2015, 01:05 AMVuther

Since when do tiers lock down the map with suppression and medium AT capacity? A minute is still an eternity in this game. There's a lot of territory you can neutralize or capture in a minute, disregarding the simple ability of just bringing units up to the Schwerer.

Yes, and getting a bunch of things to shoot at it is also difficult, like my previous complaint a player will only reliably take it down with a bunch of tanks with the enemy's other forces drawn to another side of the map that are far more expensive than the Schwerer.

The Soviets can't lock down territory without a doctrine either. No one can lock down territory like a Schwerer HQ...while coming with a tier.

Your not going to get relic to redo the entire OKW teching system in order to get rid of the Schwer.

A much more reasonable suggestion is just removing it's ability to pen mediums, that's all. It can't even lock down that many points unless you get lucky or put it out in the open (were it will die faster).
15 Mar 2015, 01:13 AM

The Schwerer is balanced I think. It can't take out Shermans(If their frontal armour is facing the flak truck), t-34's or any Russian heavy tanks which is fine; at the very least, they it can suppress infantry and deal a small amount of damage. For 80 petrol, I better get a truck that can do something.

Of course, the Allied Supreme Council of fanboys would want the flak truck to be reverted to its state near release where the damage was greatly reduced, and you could literally have a few Rifle squads with bazooka's walk up, ignore any damage and blow it up...god forbid the Allies actually have to micro and use unit abilities to take out the flak truck. I've lost my flak truck in team games more times than I can count because mortars, AT guns supported by infantry seem to be hard counters to it.

You are one of the biggest troll and ignorant for a reason.

Sherman was using HE shells. With AP sherman would win, but you are suggesting that frontal armor is untouchable for Flak. Well it's not.

Versus T34 it's 8/10 for T34 but with every case, T34 has about 5-15% HP left.

And since you have 5 games as allies, how can you even post something objective?

Please, go trolling somewhere else.
15 Mar 2015, 01:16 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Your not going to get relic to redo the entire OKW teching system in order to get rid of the Schwer.

A much more reasonable suggestion is just removing it's ability to pen mediums, that's all. It can't even lock down that many points unless you get lucky or put it out in the open (were it will die faster).

There are many options to make it less "This is now OKW's territory unless they dumb". They could do as you said. They could reduce the range to 30 to leave it helpless to tanks. They could make the flak cannon an additional upgrade to the building with an appropriate cost and upgrade time ("appropriate" is a code for "I can't ballpark this anymore"). They could make the building more delicate.

The Schwerer is balanced I think. It can't take out Shermans(If their frontal armour is facing the flak truck), t-34's

It absolutely can. The building will have like 20-25% left before the medium tank must choose to run or die.

...Sherman was using HE shells. With AP sherman would win, but you are suggesting that frontal armor is untouchable for Flak. Well it's not.

Versus T34 it's 8/10 for T34 but with every case, T34 has about 5-15% HP left...

You've seen them actually kill it alone?! Excuse me, I have to pray to RNGesus to favour me more.
PAGES (19)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS