Login

russian armor

Schwerer so broken, will it be fixed in the upcoming patch?

PAGES (19)down
15 Mar 2015, 01:18 AM

Since when do AT gun's cost fuel? An AT gun can do it's full 160 damage to it with no chance to bounce, you don't think that's already enough?

Since if I would like to play through T1 as Soviets to use that flamecar, but I HAVE TO DOWNTECH T2 to get that AT gun or mortar. Same thing for USF - you have to go craptain tier or pick certain doctrine.

If you shoot at the Schwer with more than one thing it goes down pretty quick. The Schwer isn't an issue, and the only people who have problems with it have never played OKW before to understand it's importance.

More that one thing is a heavy resource commitment which results in less protection for those things. You can't just stay there and shoot because infantry will just roll over you as you have invested 320 MP in AT gun and 240 MP in mortar (or 400 if it is 120mm).

Believe me, I took out MANY Schwers in my 4v4 practice. It almost always hard as hell.

My complain isn't about Schwer itself, but about fact that WFA factions get something free with teching, while vanilla ones not and in the same time HAVE MORE EXPENSIVE TECHING. This just doesn't make any sense!
15 Mar 2015, 01:20 AM

You guys can't explain why A Sherman(Can't remember if it was the Easy Eight or regular Sherman) in a 2v2 went up to my flak truck and killed it; a lot of people are giving the flak truck a bit too much credit; it's good yes, but we expect it to be good for 80 fucking petrol but the fact is, it can't solo a tank and no amount of doctored pictures can change that.
15 Mar 2015, 01:23 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

You guys can't explain why A Sherman(Can't remember if it was the Easy Eight or regular Sherman) in a 2v2 went up to my flak truck and killed it; a lot of people are giving the flak truck a bit too much credit; it's good yes, but we expect it to be good for 80 fucking petrol but the fact is, it can't solo a tank and no amount of doctored pictures can change that.

Definitely E8.
15 Mar 2015, 01:53 AM

I'll explain:
It was able to do so because you didn't prevented it from happening with schreks.

I'm expecting to have my 120 petrol Soviet T3 or T4 same good.
15 Mar 2015, 02:03 AM

Since if I would like to play through T1 as Soviets to use that flamecar, but I HAVE TO DOWNTECH T2 to get that AT gun or mortar. Same thing for USF - you have to go craptain tier or pick certain doctrine.

More that one thing is a heavy resource commitment which results in less protection for those things. You can't just stay there and shoot because infantry will just roll over you as you have invested 320 MP in AT gun and 240 MP in mortar (or 400 if it is 120mm).

Believe me, I took out MANY Schwers in my 4v4 practice. It almost always hard as hell.

My complain isn't about Schwer itself, but about fact that WFA factions get something free with teching, while vanilla ones not and in the same time HAVE MORE EXPENSIVE TECHING. This just doesn't make any sense!

You have never actually played OKW, ever, not once. As far as I'm concerned you need to play some OKW before you try and talk about ways OKW needs to be radically changed.

and: HOW LONG ARE YOU GUYS GOING TO KEEP FALLING FOR REFORVERS ACT
15 Mar 2015, 02:04 AM

I'll explain:
It was able to do so because you didn't prevented it from happening with schreks.

I'm expecting to have my 120 petrol Soviet T3 or T4 same good.

Yes, so i'm correct in stating that a flak truck can't solo a tank in CoH2. Unlike certain people here, I actually play the game so I would know if my flak hq can kill a solo Sherman, t-34 or IS2.

Also, Russian tier buildings and the truck tiers for OKW aren't the same, and thus you have to treat them differently. Russians don't have any reduced income AND they can build petrol caches so petrol isn't a problem for them, and to be honest I would say they pay pretty much nothing for their tier buildings.

OKW on the other hand suffers resource penalties and thus even placing a 80 petrol truck to build units(Which you also have to have petrol to buy), is extremely risky and if you setup the wrong one, that can lose you the game. The Flak HQ's damage is needed, since before the damage buff, two rifle squads with bazooka's could walk up to it and blow it up, and they would lose maybe 1 or two models; the flak HQ can't kill tanks, so I expect it to stop infantry rushes which is what it does.

The flak HQ is perfectly balanced, and the only people who disagree are the same people who whined when they couldn't use two rifle squads to walk up to the flak truck and destroy it with bazooka's.
15 Mar 2015, 02:48 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

You realize you can set up your schwer in your base where it will not be attacked, and thus it does not need the gun, right? The gun is just icing on the cake.
15 Mar 2015, 03:25 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Mar 2015, 02:48 AMTobis
You realize you can set up your schwer in your base where it will not be attacked, and thus it does not need the gun, right? The gun is just icing on the cake.

Yes OKW should be like every other faction in the game, and stop falling for REForevers trolling your killing my faith in humanity.
15 Mar 2015, 03:38 AM

Yes, so i'm correct in stating that a flak truck can't solo a tank in CoH2. Unlike certain people here, I actually play the game so I would know if my flak hq can kill a solo Sherman, t-34 or IS2.

Yes, sherman can solo flak truck easily. I've never stated otherwise.
But Sherman + rifle blob can't kill truck + schrekblob.

Also, Russian tier buildings and the truck tiers for OKW aren't the same, and thus you have to treat them differently. Russians don't have any reduced income AND they can build petrol caches so petrol isn't a problem for them, and to be honest I would say they pay pretty much nothing for their tier buildings.

80 fuel for OKW is the same 120 fuel for other factions.
Unlike OKW they pay rougly the price of a medium tank which is not even close to "nothing".

OKW on the other hand suffers resource penalties and thus even placing a 80 petrol truck to build units(Which you also have to have petrol to buy), is extremely risky and if you setup the wrong one, that can lose you the game.

Obers doesn't require fuel and ain't risky at all.
That 50 fuel 400 HP Luchs is extemely risky and really expensive for what it does, huh?

The Flak HQ's damage is needed, since before the damage buff, two rifle squads with bazooka's could walk up to it and blow it up, and they would lose maybe 1 or two models; the flak HQ can't kill tanks, so I expect it to stop infantry rushes which is what it does.

The flak HQ is perfectly balanced, and the only people who disagree are the same people who whined when they couldn't use two rifle squads to walk up to the flak truck and destroy it with bazooka's.

You know how to prevent 2 rifles with bazookas from destroying it? Take away that flak gun completely so you have to build in in your base sector for safety reasons.

Hey, that's actually the best solution, because it will make both of us happy according to problems stated here. #REforeverTrollingStyle

You have never actually played OKW, ever, not once. As far as I'm concerned you need to play some OKW before you try and talk about ways OKW needs to be radically changed.

and: HOW LONG ARE YOU GUYS GOING TO KEEP FALLING FOR REFORVERS ACT

I've played it as 4v4 AT. Less than 10 games, but still.
Wasn't that you who actively defended position that playercard is nothing in Player Card Worth and Community thread because "I watched how Sib do it"?

I can also quote my favorite forum member here on coh2.org:

How credible they are should be directly related to the quality of their argument, not because they have a higher number on an internet document.

Now try to address my arguments, not my playercard.

Thanks.
15 Mar 2015, 04:01 AM

You have literally played less than 10 games as OKW, this isn't playercard fuckery, this is you not understanding how OKW works.

EDIT: At the reduced fuel income the Schwer is ~104 fuel (compared to the other factions), the Flak Cannon is an added bonus because USF gets the bonus of having he major.

The cheaper one gives worse units, but I don't think anyone here is adverse to USF getting some love. (although with the changes we are probably getting from relic the M36 is getting a LOT better).
15 Mar 2015, 04:09 AM

And ohhhh my god how do people still fall for REforever when he's obviously taking the piss
15 Mar 2015, 05:23 AM

You have literally played less than 10 games as OKW, this isn't playercard fuckery, this is you not understanding how OKW works.

EDIT: At the reduced fuel income the Schwer is ~104 fuel (compared to the other factions), the Flak Cannon is an added bonus because USF gets the bonus of having he major.

The cheaper one gives worse units, but I don't think anyone here is adverse to USF getting some love. (although with the changes we are probably getting from relic the M36 is getting a LOT better).

Again missed my point.

Hate to quote myself, because I feel like I'm talking to autistic person, which is pointless by itself, but it seems that I have to:

15 Mar 2015, 05:36 AM

To those 4v4 heroes, I find 4v4 Allies are easier to play, maybe I was drunk or anything, I find it is easy fucking up OKW before they can shit out anything unless Volks.

M3 squadwipe at least 3 squad before it dies.
If luck permit, I can bomb up a medic truck.
Cons sandbag spam = your volks are useless.
Katyusha lolololol
Oh nice Panther, let's call T34 85 and marked skill plane with some Jacks and P47, it disappeared in 3 seconds

Ofc the reasons are 4v4 full of scrubs.
15 Mar 2015, 05:47 AM

4v4 allies easier to play?? ahhahahaha
15 Mar 2015, 06:08 AM

Again missed my point.

Hate to quote myself, because I feel like I'm talking to autistic person, which is pointless by itself, but it seems that I have to:

Why are you so committed to acting rude as shit? I addressed it, nobody actually think vanilla faction teching is fine. This means vanilla factions need something, not that WFA factions need to lose something.

Christ, dude stop acting like everything is the last helicopter outa saigon.

4v4 allies easier to play?? ahhahahaha

As an AT in 4's it's stupid easy to beat anyone as any faction.
15 Mar 2015, 06:15 AM

That damn OKW AA shcwerer truck is so broken, it deals so much damage to tanks, insane range supressing squads, killig infantry in a sec, so broken.

Will it be fixed in the upcoming patch?

dude, are u so desperate that u actually created this thread??!!! just learn the game bro! this have been discussed millions of times in various threads!!
15 Mar 2015, 06:18 AM
Donator 11

This is not about costs... Garden me... This is about Axis having best units in the end.
Why we have KT? Let's remove KT and leave OKW with single Tiger so IS2 will be best one.

And since you don't play 1v1, cost does not matter because in team games KT can hit the field 14-18min.

Why we don't have more expensive and way better infantry, tanks and other stuff for Allies?
This is not about costs it has nothing to do with it.

All axis units outpefrorm allied ones in 1v1 engagement of those units.
That's why you don't see many thread about OPnes of Allies, because Axis have everything better.

How did you even figure out cost while it has nothing to do with thing we are talking about.

Why do you keep doing this to yourself mate? arguing with a troll?
15 Mar 2015, 06:24 AM

I still dislike the idea of a truck locking down areas with a massive flak gun. Its just stupid.

Back in coh1 trucks werent able to defend themselves, and it was fine..

This may be coh2...but hey.. still a stupid idea

back in coh1 you could move trucks anytime u wanted or felt unsafe lol, and back in coh1 the economy for that faction wasn't 66% fuel 80 % compared to other factions.

u can't simply compare back in coh1 with coh2 bro!
15 Mar 2015, 06:26 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Mar 2015, 12:30 PMKatitof

Last time I checked, Spine Crawlers didn't spit out Ultralisks while shrewrer pumps obers and panthers :snfPeter:
Make your mind, defense or production building, not both.

pumps!! lol :D
15 Mar 2015, 06:28 AM

USF have so many ways to kill it... Mortars, AT gun without resigning from MH and AT mines, cheap pack howie.

And it's not easy even for Soviets.
I saw a game Paula vs Jesulin (I guess) on Kholodny.
Very good etc but that's not the point.

The point is, once Schwerer was built, there was not chance for Jesulin to take cut off.

Once or twice he manage to get fuel but it;s only because Schwerer vision was blocked by trees.

He was not able to kill it, he was not able to cut off, while he did not have anything to prevent his cut off like OKW can.
No place to shoot with AT gun, and mortaring takes ages.

And you want to tell me, that Schwerer is not a problem?

Did Jesulin lose the game as soviet against OKW?
PAGES (19)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 100
South Africa 0

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak