Login

russian armor

Jaeger Infantry

12 Mar 2015, 09:31 AM

I would love to get few information about them after watching replay.

Kar98 is almost equal to M1 Garand.
It's 5,2 vs 5,8 at close range and 1,9 vs 1,4 at long range.

One of them has a Scope to snipe.

4 men squad.

So, I just wonder, how they can beat Rifles with LMG?

Whole squad has 20,8->7,8dps.
Rifle squad has 29,4->7,2dps without LMG.

On a paper Rifles should be better, but there we have snipe ability.

How does it work?
Is it better to use them at long range/medium/close?
Long range sounds obvious but... from what Ive seen, they beat Rifles with LMGs at all ranges.

How excatly do they work?
What snipinig bonuses they have?
Do those bonuses depend on a range somehow?
What makes them so powerful when compare to Pathfinders?
12 Mar 2015, 09:42 AM
Donator 11

It's better to keep them on range, or (sprint) flank for inf nades. I'd use them only on distance in 1v1 fights, or as supporting units with existing Volks etc.

Scope guy crits units <70% health, range doesn't matter.
Pathfinders crit 2 units with <40% each, and cloak already without vet.

How they can beat Rifles with LMG? I've got no idea...
12 Mar 2015, 09:43 AM

Snipe ability kills models below 70% HP when it hits. Pathfinders have 2 sniper rifles that kills models below 40% health when they hit.
12 Mar 2015, 09:52 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Mar 2015, 09:42 AMkamk
It's better to keep them on range, or (sprint) flank for inf nades. I'd use them only on distance in 1v1 fights, or as supporting units with existing Volks etc.

Scope guy crits units <70% health, range doesn't matter.
Pathfinders crit 2 units with <40% each, and cloak already without vet.

How they can beat Rifles with LMG? I've got no idea...

Crit does not explain how they can solo at close range Rifles.
12 Mar 2015, 10:04 AM

Early game, use to cap and harass and late game, use them behind your main force, you'll be amazed by their effect. As others mentioned, they headshot every model below 70% HP.
12 Mar 2015, 10:10 AM

To be honet, I was thinking about them as support squad (maybe 2 squads) behind Volks and Obers but after this replay I think they can be used as mailline infantry as well.

It's weird, when compare to Pathfinders.

Jaegers can solo Volks but on the other hand Pathfinders are dying like flies.

To all Axis lovers:
No, it's not nerf Jaeger thread. It's thread about Jaeger utility.
12 Mar 2015, 10:22 AM

To be honet, I was thinking about them as support squad (maybe 2 squads)

To all Axis lovers:

You allmost got me on this one.
On a more serious note, I used to love JLIs quite much and the doctrine they are in. Your idea to use them as mainline infantry is not that bad as it could seem - I did that in the past - but keep in mind that they are quite fragile especially nowadays when whipes are happening all over the place, and they are not that cheap to build nor reinforce. They can performe 2 rols for you:
1. support - behind your volks, from where they will snipe models from enemy squads that are low on health;
2. spotter and recon unit. I found them verry usefull in this role with a Puma in the background or a Panther. Or for your teammate if he has a Jagdtiger in the back or a PACK 43. As spotter and recon you can place them mixed with your volks blob or somewhere in front waiting in camo stance behind something. They will provide you a good view on the battlefield. They can scavange also like pios and volks do and can boby trap teritorry as obers can do.

Have fun with them.
12 Mar 2015, 10:26 AM
Donator 11

-snip-

Maybe a time index would help to see what you exactly mean.

Keep in mind that one not fully healed entity is already enough. Let's say it only healed to 70/80'ish, now at close range the JLIs only need one Kar98 hit each and an enemy unit is "critable", and from there on the Rifles DPS drops... etc pp.

Pathfinder, i've got no idea. I would probably use them behind upgraded Rifles to either constantly crit enemy units, or force earlier retreats. Again, no real idea though.
12 Mar 2015, 10:43 AM

jaeger light winfantry :D

i swear they used to demo anything that got in their way even more efficiently than obers, and they could up behind your troops. the crit is key!
12 Mar 2015, 10:47 AM

OKW player gets 4 Volks and 3 Jägers. Have fun.
12 Mar 2015, 11:02 AM

Each individual unit model has 80 health, Volks kar98s do 10 damage (taking away 12.50% hp) Jaegers do 16 (taking away 20% hp)with their 3 kar98s aswell as the g43 (unless its sniping)

Im not supporting anything just giving information on the weapons so people can understand better
12 Mar 2015, 11:08 AM

They're Pathfinders but better. That's about it.
12 Mar 2015, 11:14 AM

I was looking through the files and the required health percentage of a unit for snipe crit is 75% not 70%
12 Mar 2015, 11:25 AM

They can beat rifles if they are not full health and even then it's an RNG fest. Sometimes you are lucky, sometimes not.
They work best in combination with Obersoldaten or if you manage to capture an LMG with them.
Volks+Jäger combo does do enough damage against upgraded squads with bars, m1919 etc.
If you group two of those squads they can beat any single enemy squad.

If you put them into a building it's very dangerous to engange them.
12 Mar 2015, 15:40 PM

To be honet, I was thinking about them as support squad (maybe 2 squads) behind Volks and Obers but after this replay I think they can be used as mailline infantry as well.

It's weird, when compare to Pathfinders.

Jaegers can solo Volks but on the other hand Pathfinders are dying like flies.

To all Axis lovers:

Jaegers are more useful than Obers (unless you get IR StG 44's) if your facing an enemy on an urban map and he's spamming indirect like a motherfucker, due to the fact you can snipe enemy weapons times fairly reliably AND call in units behind the lines.

2 Jaeger supporting and sighting works wonders, and they are great for cut off capping and booby trapping enemy points. They also are fun because you can sprint + use infiltration nades to wipe a weapons team horde before he can suppress you!

Jaeger are worse than Pathfinders when they are vet 0 but at vet 5 Jaegar have -60% received accuracy! So once yout Jaegar start vetting up they will be kicking ass pretty hard.
12 Mar 2015, 15:49 PM

Jaegers are more useful than Obers (unless you get IR StG 44's) if your facing an enemy on an urban map and he's spamming indirect like a motherfucker, due to the fact you can snipe enemy weapons times fairly reliably AND call in units behind the lines.

2 Jaeger supporting and sighting works wonders, and they are great for cut off capping and booby trapping enemy points. They also are fun because you can sprint + use infiltration nades to wipe a weapons team horde before he can suppress you!

Jaeger are worse than Pathfinders when they are vet 0 but at vet 5 Jaegar have -60% received accuracy! So once yout Jaegar start vetting up they will be kicking ass pretty hard.

why
12 Mar 2015, 16:12 PM

Actually, it does explain it.
In theory they can drop a model every single volley they fire, so it makes sense that they will win against raw DPS, because their own damage output isn't calculated by raw DPS value, but resolves around the crit.

If their Kars do 16 dmg, they need to hit each model TWO times, then G34 model will simply instakill it with the crit. Unless you are using double BARs or proper assault infantry(shocks, thompson paras) its better to stay at range to minimize probability that G43 will kill your models.

Also lol at usual Alexzandvars bullshit, as wrong as usual.
12 Mar 2015, 16:17 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Mar 2015, 16:12 PMKatitof

Actually, it does explain it.
In theory they can drop a model every single volley they fire, so it makes sense that they will win against raw DPS, because their own damage output isn't calculated by raw DPS value, but resolves around the crit.

If their Kars do 16 dmg, they need to hit each model TWO times, then G34 model will simply instakill it with the crit. Unless you are using double BARs or proper assault infantry(shocks, thompson paras) its better to stay at range to minimize probability that G43 will kill your models.

Also lol at usual Alexzandvars bullshit, as wrong as usual.

At vet 0 Pathfinders preform better, but as Jaegar vet up they preform better, this is a fairly common theme amongst a fair amount of OKW units. I fail to see how I'm wrong when you can just look up the unit values and the received accuracy buffs each one gets.

Or is this one of those because I didn't say Jaegars are the best thing since sliced bread I'm an axis apologist?
12 Mar 2015, 19:14 PM

I just watched that replay today as well. Well, from Dane's cast. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFSXGfQXCh0
12 Mar 2015, 19:35 PM

At vet 0 Pathfinders preform better, but as Jaegar vet up they preform better, this is a fairly common theme amongst a fair amount of OKW units. I fail to see how I'm wrong when you can just look up the unit values and the received accuracy buffs each one gets.

Or is this one of those because I didn't say Jaegars are the best thing since sliced bread I'm an axis apologist?

You still didnt explain why Pathfinders perform better at vet 0.

I mean, i do like Pathfinders, but they seem to be worse in every single way for pretty much the same price and inability to be called in from houses.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 868
unknown 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment