Login

russian armor

Strategy as allies

9 Mar 2015, 20:07 PM

Permanently Banned
Yeah snipers don't work in 1's,

It works very well on maps like Langres and Krakov.

But you don't play ones. so You couldn't possibly know that...

Ill let u keep pretending that u are some "high level MLG pro" wizard that knows what strats are viable and are not.
9 Mar 2015, 20:09 PM

It works very well on maps like Langres and Krakov.

But you don't play ones. so You couldn't possibly know that...

Ill let u keep pretending that u are some "high level MLG pro" wizard that knows what strats are viable and are not.

I leave the 1's strats up to people who play ones. I don't. I was just responding to the persons post about snipers being less useful in ones.

Iv never made the claim to be an MLG pro, either.
9 Mar 2015, 20:12 PM

Permanently Banned

I leave the 1's strats up to people who play ones.

Yeah snipers don't work in 1's,

Try again...
9 Mar 2015, 20:15 PM

Try again...

I was responding to this guys post by agreeing with him

I mostly play 1 on 1 though and can't get the dual snipers to work at all there, get too little map control and get pushed too easily with squishy meat shield.

Iv seen good players like Sib pull it off, but I'm not going to personally say Iv done it.
9 Mar 2015, 20:34 PM

You know you can move mortars before the stuka barrage hit's right?

No. in fact. The setup time make you lose the mortar.
9 Mar 2015, 20:53 PM

IIRC 120mm mortar have about 2 sec setup time and time between start of Wurfrahmen barrage sound and falling of first rocket is 3 sec. So you have 1 sec for actually moving it. Minus your reaction, minus acceleration of the mortar (which is bad).

Do you really want to argue with fact that Wurfrahmen hardcounters Soviet T2 (and any weapon crews in general) or we can go straight to the point where you saying "how expensive it is, adding the fact that OKW have reduced fuel income, so they won't get Panther anywhere soon, so Soviet player can rush T-34, which by the way have great AI and can just crush volksschrek blob and kill OKW Flak HQ and chase down Wurfrahmen"?
9 Mar 2015, 21:02 PM

I'd love to see you doing it in time.
9 Mar 2015, 21:06 PM

Snipers don't perform too well against OKW (5 man volks, cheap reinforcement + Luchs), too risky. You are better off building Penal troops for aggressive play and not to mention flame upgrades.
9 Mar 2015, 21:10 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Mar 2015, 20:34 PMEsxile

No. in fact. The setup time make you lose the mortar.

If you move it when you hear the barrage sound you can easily avoid it.

I'd love to see you doing it in time.

The Stuka has the longest period in between the firing and impact of the barrage.

Snipers don't perform too well against OKW (5 man volks, cheap reinforcement + Luchs), too risky. You are better off building Penal troops for aggressive play and not to mention flame upgrades.

OKW has 1 cheap reinforcement unit and that's it, hitting Sturms and Obers will put a very very heavy drain on him.

IIRC 120mm mortar have about 2 sec setup time and time between start of Wurfrahmen barrage sound and falling of first rocket is 3 sec. So you have 1 sec for actually moving it. Minus your reaction, minus acceleration of the mortar (which is bad).

Do you really want to argue with fact that Wurfrahmen hardcounters Soviet T2 (and any weapon crews in general) or we can go straight to the point where you saying "how expensive it is, adding the fact that OKW have reduced fuel income, so they won't get Panther anywhere soon, so Soviet player can rush T-34, which by the way have great AI and can just crush volksschrek blob and kill OKW Flak HQ and chase down Wurfrahmen"?

It counters players with bad micro, sure.
9 Mar 2015, 21:22 PM

It counters players with bad micro, sure.

Nice dodge attempt. I'll answer with my favourite quote:
It's like I'm arguing with someone from a parallel universe.
9 Mar 2015, 21:29 PM

It's not like the Stuka hit's a line or anything, that would mean it would be easy to predict the path of the barrage based on the way you have your units lined up.

And the Stuka is totally unpredictable, which is why it's the loudest most obvious artillery in the game.

*WOOSH WOOSH WOOSH WOOSH* Mmmm must be nothing.
9 Mar 2015, 21:30 PM

And before everyone jumps the gun, I don't think the Stuka is fine were it is and it should hit in a circle like every other artillery piece, not in a perfectly accurate line.
9 Mar 2015, 21:35 PM

And before everyone jumps the gun, I don't think the Stuka is fine were it is and it should hit in a circle like every other artillery piece, not in a perfectly accurate line.

Im pretty sure a circle would double its effectiveness,
9 Mar 2015, 21:36 PM

Na man, you can just move your mortar to the middle after hearing "wooshh".
9 Mar 2015, 21:41 PM

Na man, you can just move your mortar to the middle after hearing "wooshh".

:foreveralone:
9 Mar 2015, 21:41 PM

After WFA release when whiners complained that stuka barrage was OP, they suggested it should be in a circle which i gladly supported as it would require zero micro to click on a squad and hit it no matter whatever direction it goes XD

Stuka zu fuss is the best rocket artillery in game.
9 Mar 2015, 22:01 PM

Permanently Banned

No,

Snipers with cons screening is ur best hope against OKw in 2's

t2 is also needed for AT guns

T2 maxim,con, and ATG spam can work.

combined with shock spam

But ONLY if u kill the stuka FAST

Id say going anything but snipers against OKW is more risky for the following reasons

1. you will bleed more ( so u cant spam muni and fuel caches for late game)

2. You infantry and weapon crews will become obsolete once obers hit

3. if OSt is included (in a 2v2) rifle nades will force constant retreats.

Its best to bleed them. Force an early luchs, bait it, kill it.

Delays panther even more. Keep bleeding the OKW player, with snipers, mines and demos

wait for is2 spam.

In a double sov 2v2. me and my partners manage to get 4 Is2's out by the 38 min mark

If they go med bunker, katy will hurt them bad. (bare in mind, teching will mean one less is2. or a later fourth one) Dont even get me started on the flame barrage, soo deadly. a well micro-ed Kv-8 can hurt as well.

9 Mar 2015, 22:08 PM
Patrion 310

It's not like the Stuka hit's a line or anything, that would mean it would be easy to predict the path of the barrage based on the way you have your units lined up.

And the Stuka is totally unpredictable, which is why it's the loudest most obvious artillery in the game.

*WOOSH WOOSH WOOSH WOOSH* Mmmm must be nothing.

Sorry to tell you but good players will fire it in the retreating path not directly at the units if the enemy they are facing is good enough to move in time (I'm aware this wont effect you due to your skill level but it is in fact still true). I'm sure anyone with an ounce of skill (and lack of bias) will agree regardless of what your misguided views are.

Also in B4 you have no evidence / argument bla bla personal attacks and allied indirect fire is OP. Oh and before you ask, my evidence is playing at a high skill level (again something you lack the experience of).
9 Mar 2015, 22:14 PM

It would mean you couldn't gib 4 support weapon teams at a time, or shoot perfectly accurately, or shoot beyond your range (You can do this because of the nature of the firing in a line mechanic).

Sorry to tell you but good players will fire it in the retreating path not directly at the units if the enemy they are facing is good enough to move in time (I'm aware this wont effect you due to your skill level but it is in fact still true). I'm sure anyone with an ounce of skill (and lack of bias) will agree regardless of what your misguided views are.

Also in B4 you have no evidence / argument bla bla personal attacks and allied indirect fire is OP. Oh and before you ask, my evidence is playing at a high skill level (again something you lack the experience of).

So don't retreat your mortars, instead, move them forward? Yeah firing on a retreat path is a good idea but that holds no relevance to the Stuka being a perfect counter to mortars.

After WFA release when whiners complained that stuka barrage was OP, they suggested it should be in a circle which i gladly supported as it would require zero micro to click on a squad and hit it no matter whatever direction it goes XD

Stuka zu fuss is the best rocket artillery in game.

It is because it's the most expensive rocket artillery in the game, but it means it's a gamble.

Stuka Zu Fuss should hit in a circle like every other artillery in the game does, it would make it so that you can't just kill 3-4 building in one barrage.
9 Mar 2015, 22:20 PM

Permanently Banned

It is because it's the most expensive rocket artillery in the game, but it means it's a gamble.

You know what doesn't fire rockets, cost more, comes later, and has less hp is?

lemme answer for you, The priest, Complete shit when compared to the stuka
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS