Option Distribution Votes
56%
44%
Total votes: 41
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
9 Mar 2015, 02:23 AM
Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Just wondering if anyone would be interested in watching a speed run of say the Campaign or TOW missions.

9 Mar 2015, 02:43 AM
Donator 11

sure why not? I'd watch
9 Mar 2015, 02:56 AM

Would be fun to watch if it leads to some unconventional strategies or exploitation of game mechanics/AI.
9 Mar 2015, 03:31 AM

Ever since I bought the game, I had zero interest in actually playing the campaign, but I wouldn't mind watching it on YouTube
9 Mar 2015, 04:34 AM

Since I had alot playing single player anyways I might aswell break down on what I thought was fun and challenging about the campaigns/ToW

On hard difficulty it can be tough to pass the missions while trying to do the achievement challenges (such as the Soviet Zeal Achievement) as they provide you with some trouble but overall the soviet campaign is easy even on hard as in most missions you can just constantly spam units (call in conscripts for free and trap the commissar with wire)

Now if you wanna have a really tough challenge play Ardennes Assault on hard because every soldiers life counts in this campaign because of the company strength feature, you need to do your best to not take any casualties while still trying to do the mission objectives and the challenges for the bonus they give (saving trapped soldiers give company strength for example) the objectives are randomized so there isn't just on strat for every mission as sometimes a truck might be going from left to right or from might to top
Now the thing I like most about Ardennes Assault is the freedom it gives you if you own fox company well then you can choose 3 out of 4 companiess (Able/Airborne, Baker/Mechanized, Dog/Support and Fox/Rangers) and then between missions you have skill trees for each of the company abilities that you can upgrade (Such as make rangers cheaper or give them bazookas)

Theater of War has 2 types of missions skimishes wish is just a simple battle with the ai that has some special conditions and challenges which is the more fun one as they're unique missions (such as the tiger ace one from case blue) most of the skimishes are easy just build a tank force and blow up his base but the challenges are quite fun to do on hard difficulty so here is a list on overall how fun and challenging they are
- Ardennes Assault
- Theater of War Challenges
- Soviet Campaign
- Theater of War Skimishes

But most interesting to stream would probably be soviet campaign tied with Ardennes Assasult
9 Mar 2015, 05:36 AM

only if it was 100% complete, hardest difficulty

the campaign is a real pushover if it isn't hardest
9 Mar 2015, 06:32 AM

Im waiting for the campaign balance patch, its unplayable in its current state :snfBarton::snfMarcus:
9 Mar 2015, 11:13 AM
Patrion 14

I'd watch, but I'd be more interested in the ToW missions :)
9 Mar 2015, 12:00 PM

Since I had alot playing single player anyways I might aswell break down on what I thought was fun and challenging about the campaigns/ToW

On hard difficulty it can be tough to pass the missions while trying to do the achievement challenges (such as the Soviet Zeal Achievement) as they provide you with some trouble but overall the soviet campaign is easy even on hard as in most missions you can just constantly spam units (call in conscripts for free and trap the commissar with wire)

Now if you wanna have a really tough challenge play Ardennes Assault on hard because every soldiers life counts in this campaign because of the company strength feature, you need to do your best to not take any casualties while still trying to do the mission objectives and the challenges for the bonus they give (saving trapped soldiers give company strength for example) the objectives are randomized so there isn't just on strat for every mission as sometimes a truck might be going from left to right or from might to top
Now the thing I like most about Ardennes Assault is the freedom it gives you if you own fox company well then you can choose 3 out of 4 companiess (Able/Airborne, Baker/Mechanized, Dog/Support and Fox/Rangers) and then between missions you have skill trees for each of the company abilities that you can upgrade (Such as make rangers cheaper or give them bazookas)

Theater of War has 2 types of missions skimishes wish is just a simple battle with the ai that has some special conditions and challenges which is the more fun one as they're unique missions (such as the tiger ace one from case blue) most of the skimishes are easy just build a tank force and blow up his base but the challenges are quite fun to do on hard difficulty so here is a list on overall how fun and challenging they are
- Ardennes Assault
- Theater of War Challenges
- Soviet Campaign
- Theater of War Skimishes

But most interesting to stream would probably be soviet campaign tied with Ardennes Assasult

thanks for the elaborate explanation of single player modes.
9 Mar 2015, 12:45 PM
Benefactor 115

Cast some Tutorial while you're at it
9 Mar 2015, 13:38 PM

I honestly am not interested in anything that's about the CoH campaign.
I have never finished it and I don't plan on doing so.

Speedrunning is IMO something that can't be done properly in an RTS.
9 Mar 2015, 13:57 PM

Speedrunning is IMO something that can't be done properly in an RTS.

What? Why not? The Starcraft 2 speed run @ AGDC was awesome. Dune 2000 has a pretty good run on SDA, along with both Dungeon Keepers. If you can speed run SimCity, you can certainly speed run CoH2.

I'd watch a CoH2 speed run for sure.
10 Mar 2015, 04:28 AM

Soviet Campaign and ToW you can save than reload when you're in trouble but most of the missions in the soviet campaign doesnt need any saving anyway just keep making units its not like the enemy is producing anything so you can take all the time in the world
The ToW missions actually do give you a threat as its like skirmish and in most of the challenges you can produce more units but again if you fuck up reload a save and try again
Ardennes Assault doesnt allow you to save and you cant restart a mission without consequences, failing a mission still affects your company strength depending on the amount of losses you took and you can actually fail the campaign by losing your companies in the missions this is done by getting to 0 company strength (you can produce units at 0) and failing the mission when that company is at 0 strength
You also cant take all the time in the world like the soviet campaign as you actually have some sort of time limit in 90% of them (get to the convoy before it refuels, collect more supplies than the enemy etc.)
But doing the soviet campaign will give you a better understanding on why the game had bad reviews when it came out but then again 99% of the players bought it for multiplayer campaign is just there if you feel like playing company of heroes but your internet is down
10 Mar 2015, 04:37 AM

Permanently Banned
This would be an incredibly boring game to watch get speed-run'd.

I'd rather watch a Metal Gear Solid or Legend of Zelda speed-run any day.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★