Login

russian armor

WEHRMACHT=RUBBISH

• This thread is locked
PAGES (15)down
13 Mar 2015, 09:48 AM

What the hell is going on here? Is it opposite day? Alex is finally speaking sense and people are going LOL T-34 DOESN'T SUCK IN TEAMGAMES on him?

T-34/76 is utterly inadequate 2v2 and above.

Edit: Unless you mean T-34/85. Then you still sort of have a point in that its a slightly better Panzer IV and spams of it isn't much more effective than PzIV spams except for tech cost, but that's call-in mechanic's problem.

Yes, T34 sucks when stand agasint anything bigger than PzIV.
No, T34 is very useful in 4v4. In all my 4v4 I go for T34/76 and Im very succesfull with it. Try it yoursefl but this requires combined arms and brain instead of brainless A-move.

No one is saying that T34 is better than IS2 or ISU because it's not but they give you great present of the field. You can switch sides in a second, you can react very quick and punish a flank.

You would be surprised how useful they can be. No matter they are worse mediums.

Easier to kill, more expensive to reinforce.

6 men > 4 men. USF has this same issue.

Iv watched this already but the dude (as in assbags opponent) played like an idiot from the start. Good micro on any unit will get you far.

I applaud your ability to break the meta, oh wait, I applaud Assbags way to break the meta because this replay had zero relevance to your assertion other than T34's can do good when microd, which I never said was impossible.

The issue here is that T34's drop off hard in usefulness in higher game modes and they need to be massed to be effective.

You siad that T34 wont do anything agaisnt Panther. I just showed you that they can deal with KT and Panther at once. End of story. Let's skip to another thread.
13 Mar 2015, 09:52 AM

Yes, T34 sucks when stand agasint anything bigger than PzIV.
No, T34 is very useful in 4v4. In all my 4v4 I go for T34/76 and Im very succesfull with it. Try it yoursefl but this requires combined arms and brain instead of brainless A-move.

No one is saying that T34 is better than IS2 or ISU because it's not but they give you great present of the field. You can switch sides in a second, you can react very quick and punish a flank.

You would be surprised how useful they can be. No matter they are worse mediums.

You siad that T34 wont do anything agaisnt Panther. I just showed you that they can deal with KT and Panther at once. End of story. Let's skip to another thread.

The entire thing can be thwarted by Pak 40 support and/or Panzerschreck support, neither of T-34/76s on the move can deal with. (your anti-infantry are generally slower and you can't flank it when also flanking KT and Panther). So either your opponent goofed up big time (it's really, really easy to keep the enemy from hitting Panther's rear, and slightly less so for KT), or you're some micro god and you can make enemy AT support disappear along with that.
13 Mar 2015, 09:52 AM

A poorly microed anything will do poorly against a well microed anything. Your replay proved this in spades.

It did not prove versus a competent opponent that T34 spam works. Do you think that person who spammed SU-85's versus my KT's and Sturmtiger thinks well of his choice?
13 Mar 2015, 10:00 AM

The entire thing can be thwarted by Pak 40 support and/or Panzerschreck support, neither of T-34/76s on the move can deal with. (your anti-infantry are generally slower and you can't flank it when also flanking KT and Panther). So either your opponent goofed up big time (it's really, really easy to keep the enemy from hitting Panther's rear, and slightly less so for KT), or you're some micro god and you can make enemy AT support disappear along with that.

And this is vere incendiary strike or propaganda comes in to deal with schrecsk and volks and to separete them for tanks.
Like I said, combined arms.
Combine your T34 with ZiS, good doctrine and voila!

A poorly microed anything will do poorly against a well microed anything. Your replay proved this in spades.

It did not prove versus a competent opponent that T34 spam works. Do you think that person who spammed SU-85's versus my KT's and Sturmtiger thinks well of his choice?

On this map, SU85 is very good choice but the usage of it was very poor.
It should stay behind with focus sight to snipe and keep all armor at distance while Shocks deal with infantry.
13 Mar 2015, 10:01 AM

And this is vere incendiary strike or propaganda comes in to deal with schrecsk and volks and to separete them for tanks.
Like I said, combined arms.
Combine your T34 with ZiS, good doctrine and voila!

T3 + T34 = 240 fuel.

IS2 = 230 fuel.

This is why your assertion is silly. T34's are more expensive than getting an IS2.

On this map, SU85 is very good choice but the usage of it was very poor.
It should stay behind with focus sight to snipe and keep all armor at distance while Shocks deal with infantry.

He did exactly that, but I backed my tanks up and baited him into rushing forward so I could overwhelm him. But what is shows is that he had the perfect counter to me and I beat him because I could micro my KT's better than he could his SU-85's.

If an opponent has you countered, you need to outplay him to win.

T34's versus someone with KT's and Panthers are going to lose unless the person with the KT is an idiot, the person with the KT, was an idiot.
13 Mar 2015, 10:02 AM

How is saying the IS2 shouldn't move at literal walking pace "defending heavy tanks" and if you ever watched a replay of mine I don't ever do A-move BS.

But you defend OKW (the most broken faction) and this Meta that as I stated corrupts this game. The schwerer is a joke, and it requires to much effort to destroy, effort that distracts you from other goals, yet you state it is fine. BS OKW units (mentioned countless times) force Allied players to BS tactics and spams (call in meta) yet you defend OKW like it was the only thing in this game. As for USF blobers and ALL blobs they are used by new players that dont quite know how to play RTS games (because the market is floded with FPS games, GTA, sandboxes most "gamers" start with these and the never even play RTS that is why this genre slowly dies, furthermore more my game reviewing friend refuses to acknowledge RTS games as a good genre)their micro sucks and using control grups or keyboard is to much to handle. So to make it easy the select all and right click, then they see the profit of this "tactic" and stick with it(the same goes for Starcraft 2, where 2k games players still spam VOID RAYS, because they are easy win if they reach critical mass, and ,many noobs dont scout so it is easy to catch them of guard). Pro players should NOT defend blobing by calling it "tactical blobing", it should be seen as a Bad Manner and criticised.
13 Mar 2015, 10:04 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Mar 2015, 10:02 AMJorad

schwerer is a joke, and it requires to much effort to destroy it,

He just admitted that a few posts ago, what are you talking about?
13 Mar 2015, 10:07 AM

T3 + T34 = 240 fuel.

IS2 = 230 fuel.

This is why your assertion is silly. T34's are more expensive than getting an IS2.

He did exactly that, but I backed my tanks up and baited him into rushing forward so I could overwhelm him. But what is shows is that he had the perfect counter to me and I beat him because I could micro my KT's better than he could his SU-85's.

If an opponent has you countered, you need to outplay him to win.

T34's versus someone with KT's and Panthers are going to lose unless the person with the KT is an idiot, the person with the KT, was an idiot.

And again you are looking at numbers... Dry numbers, nothing more.

IS2 at 25min won't put pressure on enemy in first 20mins.
IS2 wont provide you 2 fuels for few mins
and on...
and on...
and on...

Cons spam + T70 + T34 into IS2 is a way more expensive than IS2.
In fact, for this you could call in two IS2 but you ae blind, you don't see the reason why you build T70 and T34.

And that's the point, you don't rush SU into fog. Why even rush? Stay where you are and wait for enemy since you have VP.
13 Mar 2015, 10:07 AM

He just admitted that a few posts ago, what are you talking about?

One time he says "apples" one time "oranges". What about the rest of my post?
13 Mar 2015, 10:09 AM

And again you are looking at numbers... Dry numbers, nothing more.

IS2 at 25min won't put pressure on enemy in first 20mins.
IS2 wont provide you 2 fuels for few mins
and on...
and on...
and on...

Cons spam + T70 + T34 into IS2 is a way more expensive than IS2.
In fact, for this you could call in two IS2 but you ae blind, you don't see the reason why you build T70 and T34.

Why not just go T1+T2? T70's are fun times but I would rather just play with my infantry and save my fuel so I can lock a win then gamble with T34's which they can counter perfectly easy anyway.

OKW AND Ostheer have fairly good counters to mediums, what they don't have is a counter to indirect fire and 2 shock troops with a horde of cons behind them.
13 Mar 2015, 10:15 AM

Why not just go T1+T2? T70's are fun times but I would rather just play with my infantry and save my fuel so I can lock a win then gamble with T34's which they can counter perfectly easy anyway.

OKW AND Ostheer have fairly good counters to mediums, what they don't have is a counter to indirect fire and 2 shock troops with a horde of cons behind them.

Because T1+T2 won't provide you amazing presents on the field.
Won't provide you great push.
Won't provied you anything.

You are spamming cons, OST makes grens, mg and mortar.
Going for T1+T2 won't put any pressure. He still can spend all MP into AI units.

But once he notices T70, he must get a Pak. 320mp wasted for AT.
Then T34.
Second Pak is needed, 640 MP for AT while soviet player spends everthing for AI or AT&AI units.

Then you just drop flame strike at double pak thanks to recon mode, so your enemy probably won't notce this until it's too late and it's almost GG.

This means worse present on the field, more micro with paks, less troops, less capping power and on... and on...

You don't play 1v1 so there is no point in explaining it to you.
13 Mar 2015, 10:25 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Mar 2015, 23:53 PMKatitof

I've heard the ambulance spam is the thing now, because you know, USF have so many combat units to choose from at start :snfBarton:

medics with pistols strat

unkillable due to mutual healing :snfBarton:
13 Mar 2015, 10:29 AM

Because T1+T2 won't provide you amazing presents on the field.
Won't provide you great push.
Won't provied you anything.

You are spamming cons, OST makes grens, mg and mortar.
Going for T1+T2 won't put any pressure. He still can spend all MP into AI units.

But once he notices T70, he must get a Pak. 320mp wasted for AT.
Then T34.
Second Pak is needed, 640 MP for AT while soviet player spends everthing for AI or AT&AI units.

Then you just drop flame strike at double pak thanks to recon mode, so your enemy probably won't notce this until it's too late and it's almost GG.

This means worse present on the field, more micro with paks, less troops, less capping power and on... and on...

You don't play 1v1 so there is no point in explaining it to you.

I'm not talking about 1v1, T1+T2 is par for the course for call in meta fun.

You get everything you need in T1+T2, and mortars and mass infantry put on a lot of pressure. Have fun dealing with 2 shocks supported by maxims backed up by a con horde. And his USF friend is also breathing down your neck.

This is just different play styles honestly, but T34's are garbage in anything above 1's if your playing against a half way decent player. The window for when T34's are good isn't that big.
13 Mar 2015, 10:32 AM

I'm not talking about 1v1, T1+T2 is par for the course for call in meta fun.

You get everything you need in T1+T2, and mortars and mass infantry put on a lot of pressure. Have fun dealing with 2 shocks supported by maxims backed up by a con horde. And his USF friend is also breathing down your neck.

This is just different play styles honestly, but T34's are garbage in anything above 1's if your playing against a half way decent player. The window for when T34's are good isn't that big.

I will try to get some 4v4 today as soviets and I will post a replay of T34/76 for you.
13 Mar 2015, 11:15 AM
Donator 11

Guys, remember you are talking to
13 Mar 2015, 11:18 AM

Guys, remember you are talking to
Asian hotties? :megusta:
13 Mar 2015, 13:30 PM

Majority of the time in 4 v 4, I have seen Wher and OKW try to tech for a Panther while defend with Paks and Shreks. T-34 and Sherman early mid game can be scary and actually win games.
13 Mar 2015, 13:53 PM

Majority of the time in 4 v 4, I have seen Wher and OKW try to tech for a Panther while defend with Paks and Shreks. T-34 and Sherman early mid game can be scary and actually win games.

It can and it is, but sometimes if you fail to do enough damage the KT or other late game stuff will make the game very hard and even un-winable.The problem I have with USF is the fact that you can lose your tanks to the enemy but in the long run you shouldn't. Furthermore USF doesnt have the luxury of time.
13 Mar 2015, 14:10 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Mar 2015, 13:53 PMJorad

It can and it is, but sometimes if you fail to do enough damage the KT or other late game stuff will make the game very hard and even un-winable.The problem I have with USF is the fact that you can lose your tanks to the enemy but in the long run you shouldn't. Furthermore USF doesnt have the luxury of time.

It's all about infantry. You need to seperate Volks/Paks/raketen from KT.
Propaganda or incendiery works perfect for that.

While KT is alone, it's completly useless vs 3/4 T34. Of course, you will lose 1 or 2 but it's nothing when compare to KT.

Like I said, it's not A-move, you need to think how to force infantry to go back and then it's brutal excecution.
13 Mar 2015, 14:27 PM

Axis infantry should be a priority early game, KT and all heavies are easy to take care of if they have no infantry support.
PAGES (15)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS