Login

russian armor

WEHRMACHT=RUBBISH

• This thread is locked
PAGES (15)down
13 Mar 2015, 14:41 PM

Axis infantry should be a priority early game, KT and all heavies are easy to take care of if they have no infantry support.

I know that, we did figure this one out during our 3vs3 play with friends, but the point is if you fail to kill/wipe a number of Volks/Obers/Sturm and any other OKW infrantry, the end game will be horrible and filled with KT's, and to acomplish this feat you need the fast sherman (IMO) and delaying this sherman is gg.
13 Mar 2015, 14:46 PM

Axis infantry should be a priority early game, KT and all heavies are easy to take care of if they have no infantry support.

If there only existed allied infantry that actually was able to cost effectively fight late game axis infantry with armored support so allied armor could actually move in.
Not that bad against ost, impossibru against OKW.
13 Mar 2015, 14:51 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Mar 2015, 14:46 PMKatitof

If there only existed allied infantry that actually was able to cost effectively fight late game axis infantry with armored support so allied armor could actually move in.

I would say that I put faith into rangers and cavalry rifles but since even shocks are useless... I dont know...
13 Mar 2015, 15:29 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Mar 2015, 14:46 PMKatitof

Paras, and especially LMG rifles shut down any and all Axis infantry play including Obers. Soviets dont have that luxury admittedly, but they have Snipers and potent heavy armour...
13 Mar 2015, 15:31 PM

Paras, and especially LMG rifles shut down any and all Axis infantry play including Obers. Soviets dont have that luxury admittedly, but they have Snipers and potent heavy armour...

What? Obers at vet 0 easily compete with vet 3 airborne.
13 Mar 2015, 15:35 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Mar 2015, 15:31 PMBurts

What? Obers at vet 0 easily compete with vet 3 airborne.

And get suppressed by and defeated by vet 0 LMG rifles with defensive stance.
I might add that Paras, whatever the vet, easily defeat Obers if they use suppressive fire. If no abilites are used you are right though, conceded. By and large, Obers are nowhere near as problematic to US inf than they are to Soviets, especially in a Conscript heavy build.
13 Mar 2015, 15:42 PM

I might add that Paras, whatever the vet, easily defeat Obers if they use suppressive fire. If no abilites are used you are right though, conceded. By and large, Obers are nowhere near as problematic to US inf than they are to Soviets, especially in a Conscript heavy build.

Last time I saw Rifles with LMG in DS, they could not handle Jaeger, not to mention Obers...

Rifles with LMGs are very good vs OST but they are also pure shit vs OKW.
13 Mar 2015, 15:45 PM

Last time I saw Rifles with LMG in DS, they could not handle Jaeger, not to mention Obers...

Rifles with LMGs are very good vs OST but they are also pure shit vs OKW.

Thats strange to say the least. Unless there was a ninja nerf, double LMG rifles suppress on the second burst, IIRC.
13 Mar 2015, 15:49 PM

Thats strange to say the least. Unless there was a ninja nerf, double LMG rifles suppress on the second burst, IIRC.

Check Jaeger Infantry thread and watch that replay.

Rifles with LMGs vs Volks and Jaegers. Rifles were completly useless.
13 Mar 2015, 15:55 PM

Ok, will actually do.
Edit:
Ok, watched the replay. It demonstrates lots of things, certainly not that LMG rifles are useless. Bear with me:
In general: Strong early from bite and hold (henceforth b&h) with a Volkswipe, near SP wipe, and commanding map presence. Then it all starts to unravel. Kübel stays alive far too long despite multiple solid opportunities to kill it out of position. More fundamentally: Teching mishap, going Cpt. against heal opener. Sure, you can do that (even though its alot weaker IMO), but then you actually have to make use of that tier. No pak howie, no nothing, not a single unit out of the tier... Cpt himself largely useless since apart from the Kübel there is nothing he is actually well suited to fight. Also delays the Sherman without the benefit of early pushing power from light vehicle/AI that LT offers.
Throughout the midgame, B&H gets outmicroed several times and successively loses his vet inf unneccessarily, not in the least because he retreats too late or eats nades and generally commits to bad engagements, leading to an ever snowballing Fortune inf. superiority. This is aggravated by repeatedly running into booby traps and fielding sweepers too late. Then he loses the Sherman to a balls-deep move with the JP IV...where is the at gun/rifle support to punish that sort of stuff? On the plus side he kills the SHQ with a nice coordinated attack before it can spit out a Panther, but at this stage the game is already lost. Jackson also IMHO questionable.

As far as LMGS are concerned, there are a few nice analytically meaningful infantry engagements, check ie. from min 25 in the centre, where you have two 1v1 situations. Vet LMG Rifles move to contact, engage Vet Jäger in yellow cover, hit defensive stance. Jäger suppressed on the second burst, twice in a row without Rifle losses. Against Obers, Rifles would maybe have dropped a model, but they still would have won...
13 Mar 2015, 16:21 PM

I believe they were indeed nerfed, it was the same patch that took away the default suppression outside of def stance.
There is a reason why we don't see infantry company anymore and its definitely not because 10 more muni cost on LMGs.
13 Mar 2015, 20:33 PM
Donator 11

Defensive stance and Hit the dirt tend is a sure way to lose squads in coh2
13 Mar 2015, 20:41 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Mar 2015, 11:18 AMsteel
Asian hotties? :megusta:

Yeah, something like that.

I was in Tokio two years ago and I did not connect with any of japanese women while I COULD force me on some japanese ladies, I did not as it felt pretty old school and plain. I know I should thou. I guess I did not really wantto connect as japs felt basicly pretty medieval.

Neber had any success with young girls as I am not a funny moron idiot happy high energy dumbo kind of guy which young girls fall for.

But yeah, I know the feeling when you see a cute asian girl and want to get medieval with her.

13 Mar 2015, 20:52 PM

Defensive stance and Hit the dirt tend is a sure way to lose squads in coh2

Aha.
The E-button, its your friend. And if you think you cant conventionally dodge that nasty riflenade, just hit T....
13 Mar 2015, 20:57 PM
Donator 11

Aha.
The E-button, its your friend. And if you think you cant conventionally dodge that nasty riflenade, just hit T....

Why even bother with def stance/hit dirt, cover bonuses do not stack and those bonuses those two abilities give not going to win you engagements vs units in proper cover anyways while hiting dirt with your ass in negative cover is simply suicidal.
13 Mar 2015, 21:02 PM

This is not about cover, both abilities are in different ways about suppression.
Def stance will ensure you will win virtually any 1v1 infantry engagement with your Riflemen as long as your opponent can be suppressed. HtD has more of a niche application, ie. you run into an Mg. As long as you are at at least medium range, you will win that engagement as well. Obviously, Def. stance is overall much more useful.
14 Mar 2015, 04:38 AM

i mean at first i was just trolling...well seems i need more trolling skill
14 Mar 2015, 04:40 AM

Yeah, something like that.

I was in Tokio two years ago and I did not connect with any of japanese women while I COULD force me on some japanese ladies, I did not as it felt pretty old school and plain. I know I should thou. I guess I did not really wantto connect as japs felt basicly pretty medieval.

Neber had any success with young girls as I am not a funny moron idiot happy high energy dumbo kind of guy which young girls fall for.

But yeah, I know the feeling when you see a cute asian girl and want to get medieval with her.

most on topic post of COH2.org history

:snfBarton:
14 Mar 2015, 06:59 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Mar 2015, 16:21 PMKatitof

I believe they were indeed nerfed, it was the same patch that took away the default suppression outside of def stance.
There is a reason why we don't see infantry company anymore and its definitely not because 10 more muni cost on LMGs.

Infantry company is great, 1919's add a fair amount of DPS to rifles, being able to spam FP's with out echelons is great for map presence, and the Priest is great for breaking up campers if you don't sit it to far away like a dunce.

The really only shit thing is the mortar HT, and time on target will at least fuck up a truck pretty hard.
14 Mar 2015, 08:29 AM

in this thread:

ppl refusing to acknowledge the divinity of the one and only master race and hence discussing balance in 2v2, 3v3 and 4v4

endless offtopic gibberish

ppl not being able to spot trolls

on topic: ost is pretty meh in its current state
PAGES (15)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 61
Germany 20
unknown 20

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias