Login

russian armor

Lets talk Stuart

9 Mar 2015, 14:08 PM

I'd much rather see the firepower stay where it is and it getting 400hp.
Out of lights, stuart should be superior, not inferior in firepower and survivability to two other lights.

signed.
9 Mar 2015, 16:44 PM

I'd much rather see the firepower stay where it is and it getting 400hp.
Out of lights, stuart should be superior, not inferior in firepower and survivability to two other lights.

really? I find its firepower quite lackluster compared to the luchs(although im pretty sure stuart beats a Luchs 1v1) and the T-70.
9 Mar 2015, 16:59 PM

really? I find its firepower quite lackluster compared to the luchs(although im pretty sure stuart beats a Luchs 1v1) and the T-70.

Well, its redeeming factor are the abilities.
While its rather underpowered against inf, it somewhat helps against meds.
That is, if anyone used meds.
9 Mar 2015, 18:05 PM

Well, its redeeming factor are the abilities.
While its rather underpowered against inf, it somewhat helps against meds.
That is, if anyone used meds.

There is one turreted Medium Axis tank in the game.
9 Mar 2015, 23:57 PM

160 fuel for a stop gap.
at least the 222 has a purpose and place within the game, if it outlives that it's a bonus.

You gotta spend fuel to gain fuel. when you're at 6 cps and floating 180 fuel, getting a stuart is not a bad decision.

What's the purpose of the 222 anyway? that thing can't kill snipers reliably and is only good for spotting and killing the occasional m3. Other than that It is just a waste of a munitions upgrade.
10 Mar 2015, 02:08 AM
Patrion 14

You gotta spend fuel to gain fuel. when you're at 6 cps and floating 180 fuel, getting a stuart is not a bad decision.

What's the purpose of the 222 anyway? that thing can't kill snipers reliably and is only good for spotting and killing the occasional m3. Other than that It is just a waste of a munitions upgrade.

If you are chasing a sniper, I find that not upgrading it is your best bet. It seems to have better on the move DPS without the autocannon, but that is probably a placebo effect.

The 222 does well at countering the M20 and hard counters M3 spam, thats about the extent of its job, but it is great for supporting engagements between your grens and conscripts/ riflemen. Remember, if your enemy focuses on shooting the 221/2, you can pull it back and probably win the engagement due to the wasted enemy DPS. At vet 3, it is quite useful as a spotter, especially with spotting scopes.

All in all, I think it either needs a health buff, or an armor increase. Maybe both.

The stuart I like because it does well vs. ostwinds, OKW mech HQ, and as support vs. overextended tanks. It definitely needs a buff to its HP so it can survive 3 pak rounds.
10 Mar 2015, 02:13 AM

There is one turreted Medium Axis tank in the game.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panther_tank

Panther is a German medium tank deployed during World War II from mid-1943 to the end of the European war in 1945. It was intended as a counter to the Soviet T-34, and as a replacement for the Panzer III and Panzer IV
10 Mar 2015, 02:49 AM

Panther is a German medium tank deployed during World War II from mid-1943 to the end of the European war in 1945. It was intended as a counter to the Soviet T-34, and as a replacement for the Panzer III and Panzer IV

Maybe I should have been more specific, medium turreted tank meant for killing more than just other tanks, a traditional MBT.

All Axis in that department is the Panzer IV Ausf G and J
nee
10 Mar 2015, 03:25 AM

I think a good use to the Stuart would be reconnaissance, similar to T-70's observer mode- increase sight range but disable weapons. This would greatly aid in Jackson/ AT gun etc. in dealing with late-game, all without risking the Stuart in a direct combat role until you deem it necessary.
16 Mar 2015, 22:54 PM

Panther weighs 45 tonnes
IS2 weighs 46 tonnes
Pershing weighs 42 tonnes

Ingame the Panther uses the heavy tank skin, although the okw tooltip for medium tanks shows the panther.
I don't care what Germans said in WW2, it's weight makes it a heavy tank.

I stood next to a panthers, shermans, p4 etc. in real life. Believe me the panther doesn't feel and look like a medium tank. Germans initially designed it as a medium, but due heavy armouring it turned out a heavy tank.
16 Mar 2015, 23:02 PM

Panther weighs 45 tonnes
IS2 weighs 46 tonnes
Pershing weighs 42 tonnes

Ingame the Panther uses the heavy tank skin, although the okw tooltip for medium tanks shows the panther.
I don't care what Germans said in WW2, it's weight makes it a heavy tank.

I stood next to a panthers, shermans, p4 etc. in real life. Believe me the panther doesn't feel and look like a medium tank. Germans initially designed it as a medium, but due heavy armouring it turned out a heavy tank.

The actual distinction of what a heavy tank was had more to do with unit composition and how they were deployed rather than their weight class. The Panther was designed to be a replacement for the Panzer IV medium tank and it was, like the Panzer IV, deployed like a medium tank. Therefore it was and is a medium tank.

Also the Pershing was closer to a medium tank than a heavy tank for the same reasons.
16 Mar 2015, 23:14 PM

Permanently Banned

it's weight makes it a heavy tank.

Common misconception about tank classing right there
16 Mar 2015, 23:15 PM

I guess the Stuart abilities would be good against all the StuG spammers too.
16 Mar 2015, 23:58 PM

I think Stuart should be a AI light vehicle rather than mixed of both, the Captain tier could use AI capabilities.
17 Mar 2015, 02:40 AM

The Panther weighed more or less the same as an IS-2, wikipiedia is not the end all be all to a discussion. Ingame the panther preforms in anything but a medium tank role (pretty sure it uses the heavy tank skin too)

17 Mar 2015, 03:30 AM

in the game it calls it a medium tank too. IIRC.
17 Mar 2015, 04:31 AM
Donator 11

The panther is like the t34/85 designed to destroy other tanks.
medium,heavy,light... all that is just a title and a general guideline how to use that tank.
Normally heavy tanks are extremely well armored all around while the panther only has a good frontal armor.

The high velocity KwK 42L/70 had slightly more penetration the the 90mm gun from the pershing and a little bit more pen than the 88mm from the tiger I.

The panther ingame is not good against inf and lacks the 1-shot potential of all other tanks besides the real td's.
Not that i mind but remember if you buy a panther you have spend 175fuel almost exclusively against tanks.
If anything the t34/85 should get his maingun damage against inf reduced to panther level.

The stuart can stun a puma and kill it unless the puma has help(if he get's in range?? happened to me in a city)
if the stuart has help the puma dies faster...
I think a hp buff to Luchs level would be ok, since (as an OKW/OST player) i don't fear them all that much.
17 Mar 2015, 13:00 PM
Patrion 14

Actually if you look at it closely it says Panther "Medium" tank. Which was the cleverest way to deal with it IMO. And btw it costs 175 fuel because that's the price you pay for goddamn diamond-tungsten-titanium frontal armour. It had to be made weak against infantry because otherwise it would just be a nightmare to balance. Perhaps it's not in line with Panther's actual impact on the battlefield but balance before realism and all that jazz.

As for the Puma matchup, yes, a Stuart can kill a Puma with judicious use of its ammo abilities. It all depends on the turret positions of the 2 vehicles and whether there are Schrecks or the Captain in the vicinity.

I have been doing a lot of Captain builds lately and it happens more often than I'd like that the Leeroy Jenkinks Shell shock charge ends up with a destroyed Stuart. All it takes is for the turret to be misaligned when you activate it or miss a Shell Shock or whatever and the Puma will come out on top. Considering their relative costs, roles and tiering, that is not entirely unfair.
17 Mar 2015, 14:06 PM

Actually if you look at it closely it says Panther "Medium" tank. Which was the cleverest way to deal with it IMO. And btw it costs 175 fuel because that's the price you pay for goddamn diamond-tungsten-titanium frontal armour. It had to be made weak against infantry because otherwise it would just be a nightmare to balance. Perhaps it's not in line with Panther's actual impact on the battlefield but balance before realism and all that jazz.

No this is the engineering method for the Panther frontal armor.

"Odin, posing as an old man, advises SigurdMAN AG to dig trenches also to drain the blood, and to bathe the Panther frontal armor in it after killing the dragon; bathing in a dragon's blood confers invulnerability"
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 49
Germany 18
Israel 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak