Login

russian armor

Combining VCoH and CoH2 voice files?

6 Mar 2015, 08:10 AM
Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Does anyone know how to do this? I would love to add both game files together for similar units. Also say if you had multiple squads of the same kind like two volk squads, it would be great if one would have the voice files from VCoH and the other from CoH2 so you have a bit of variation. What do you guys think?

Here some of the funnest audio from VCoH.

6 Mar 2015, 08:22 AM

I think if we possible to do this, all COH2 voices are gone.

IMO only the Ostheer advisor cast is considered being good, the others, meh.
6 Mar 2015, 08:24 AM

Relic has forbidden us coders from tampering with bulletins, skins, models, FX (voiceacting, explosives, particle effects, etc), or commanders, because MUH DLC. So, right now, nope. Impossible.

EDIT: To the point that a lot of the above is no longer available for viewing or w.e with the CoH2 official modding tools. Skins and model file trees in particular have gone the way of the dodo.
6 Mar 2015, 09:10 AM

Didn't they come out and say that any sort of modding capability that was capable in CoH1 was gonna be implemented in 2?
6 Mar 2015, 12:59 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

When mod tools came out did they say that was just the beginning. But since they never specified the end who knows what will be possible in the future
6 Mar 2015, 18:18 PM

Didn't they come out and say that any sort of modding capability that was capable in CoH1 was gonna be implemented in 2?

Surprise! They lied. We can fiddle with the .rgds (abilities, entities, stats, crits, etc) and nothing else. Hurrah!
6 Mar 2015, 18:23 PM
Benefactor 115

impossible to do at the moment. They have promised more mod tools in the future but I doubt they'll allow you to mod certain aspects of the game. Especially aspects where they will be creating DLC to sell later on in the future.

TL;DR no, it's impossible.
6 Mar 2015, 18:32 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 117

impossible to do at the moment. They have promised more mod tools in the future but I doubt they'll allow you to mod certain aspects of the game. Especially aspects where they will be creating DLC to sell later on in the future.

TL;DR no

As long as I can sell my computerheat Announcer Pack for $15.99 :snfCHVGame:
6 Mar 2015, 18:36 PM
Benefactor 115

we can only hope.
6 Mar 2015, 19:48 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

I agree :(
6 Mar 2015, 20:09 PM
Admin Red  Badge

Yeah, CoH1 voices/quotes are far superior than CoH2 voices/quotes. I don't know why they severely weakened an aspect of CoH which added this unmistakable, authentic atmosphere.
6 Mar 2015, 20:14 PM
Patrion 14

i like coh2 audio. i played coh1 fairly a lot too.

i don't have this 'omg coh1 voice was so much better' for some weird reason.
7 Mar 2015, 08:35 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Mar 2015, 18:18 PMVolsky

Surprise! They lied. We can fiddle with the .rgds (abilities, entities, stats, crits, etc) and nothing else. Hurrah!

the customer doth protest to much methinks :(

seriously some of the most fun I had with CoH was around 2.106 just after people calmed down with the Scout car, Luftwaffe ground forces strategies. I'd modded the skins and sounds to give it a more realistic feel, German voices for the Axis, no more white grenadiers... ahhhh it was soo much fun :'(

ohhh the humanity...
7 Mar 2015, 08:51 AM

Permanently Banned
vcoh had better voices
8 Mar 2015, 01:14 AM

i like coh2 audio. i played coh1 fairly a lot too.

i don't have this 'omg coh1 voice was so much better' for some weird reason.

Same here, I don't understand it. All I can guess is people just want vCoH without having to play vCoH.
8 Mar 2015, 02:51 AM
Developer Relic Badge

Voices really depends. In CoH 2 the soldiers sound much less like action heroes or men who think they're kings of the world and maybe a tad bit less sterotypical (vCoH German medium/support tanks vs Ostheer medium voice). It may be the fact vCoH had more voicelines, but the majority of vCoH was repetition of the same line, but in a different variation which has sort of returned for the WFA armies.

CoH 2, though, I find had much better background infantry chatter. Relic, fix it, I want to hear about the girl who could do it standing on her head or that Soviet guy whose balls allowed the Soviet Union to survive the German onslaught.

Also, maybe because the voice studios are different this time around. VCoH was recorded in by a US studio, CoH 2 by a UK studio.

Relic should also get Scott Mcneil to be a unit in-game though, he's in the same city they're in :P
8 Mar 2015, 04:05 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Voices really depends. In CoH 2 the soldiers sound much less like action heroes or men who think they're kings of the world and maybe a tad bit less sterotypical (vCoH German medium/support tanks vs Ostheer medium voice). It may be the fact vCoH had more voicelines, but the majority of vCoH was repetition of the same line, but in a different variation which has sort of returned for the WFA armies.

CoH 2, though, I find had much better background infantry chatter. Relic, fix it, I want to hear about the girl who could do it standing on her head or that Soviet guy whose balls allowed the Soviet Union to survive the German onslaught.

That's more or less my look on the matter too. I like them both. I can certainly see people missing Keith Szarabajka being the most enthusiastic rifleman ever, Steve Blum reporting the situation to them, and Brandon Keener headshotting Krauts though.
8 Mar 2015, 05:24 AM

The best voices in the game are the OKW unit ones. It feels Relic just said "Fuck it" trying to make them authentic and just decided to make all the OKW tanks sound evil as shit, which is amazing.

The OKW heavy tanks sound evil, and the announcer does to.

When it comes to voice acting Fun > Realism/Authenticy IMO.
8 Mar 2015, 05:24 AM

Also, maybe because the voice studios are different this time around. VCoH was recorded in by a US studio, CoH 2 by a UK studio.

Relic should also get Scott Mcneil to be a unit in-game though, he's in the same city they're in :P

Agree with Volks, COH1 Volks were wrongly casted. The squad leader is like leading Volksstrum instead of Volksgren. Volksgren were true Grens just with different name, Volkssturm were untrained kids and elders.

They did not tell me the show is run by idiots.
MP40 has arrived, try not to shoot each other.

OKW voice is much inferior to the PE, the pride and attitude are unbeatable hilarious. They acted like they are really Deutschland, Deutschland über alles.

Kampfgruppe Lehr, has proven it's superiority once again

OKW should be the last group of surviving elite troops desperately launching the last blitzkrieg, hoping to push the Allies back to Atlantic and saving Germany from total annihilation, but the voice cast except Sturmpio, not giving me that kind of feel. Even the Obers and Falls don't have the badass feel.

USF cast, are suck. Far more suck than the old US, as their performance and faction design, SUCKS.

We are Airborne, we mean to be surrounded.
8 Mar 2015, 06:56 AM

With Call of Duty 1 being one of my all time favourite computer games, the Steve Blum connection made me really happy.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★