Login

russian armor

Should PTRS be stronger?

PAGES (7)down
5 Mar 2015, 22:53 PM

Like it just blows my mind there are people who seriously didn't abuse the hell out of button back when it was good. Old Button + Old ISU = Kreygasm.
5 Mar 2015, 22:55 PM

Like it just blows my mind there are people who seriously didn't abuse the hell out of button back when it was good. Old Button + Old ISU = Kreygasm.

It blows my mind that people don't abuse the hell out of TWP.

TWP + The PaK it came with = MVGameKappaGasm

Pair of PaK? Supergasm.
5 Mar 2015, 22:57 PM

Permanently Banned

No, it's not a L2P issue. I'm a top tier player so I know a thing or two about playing CoH2, which means my opinion carries weight unlike most people's opinions here. I can say for certain that Guards and their PTRS rifles have a huge impact on the game; I've lost my fair share of matches(In 2v2 ranked) where Guards saved the Rus player and granted them a victory; PTRS rifles are strong enough to stop a Luchs rush, a half track rush or any rush from any type of vehicles, and it doesn't even stop there- apparently Relic thought it was a good idea to give Guard Infantry the ability to decimate light/medium vehicles as well as infantry. I can't even move Volks up to engage them without their PTRS rifles killing a few models.

I lol'd

only thing you're in the top-tier of is the Bullshit Society

L2P dude
5 Mar 2015, 22:57 PM

Your PaK has to stop, reload, and then fire meanwhile the quite fast t34/85 will probably not sit in the face of an enemy AT gun.

He said mark target but in his other post said old button.

And old button made you unable to reverse, or rotate. Sure you could use smoke but against someone who can attack ground if your buttoned he's still going to kill you.

And the Target weak point stun doesn't last nearly as long as Old Button did, sorry.

I said TWP.
5 Mar 2015, 22:58 PM

@Brachiaraidos

Luchs isn't very good at kiting since Guards can shoot their PTRS's faster than you can get a Luchs volley off. I've lost countless Luchs to Guards and it's why I don't get a Luchs when going against the Rus; it just dies too quickly and becomes a wasted investment.

And before you say "L2P, it's not a L2P issue since my playercard shows my stats. Guards are just that good even against Luchs and anything the OKW can throw at them, barring Obersoldatens.

@sneakking

I know how to play CoH2 but do you? Show me your playercard and prove your skills, otherwise it's a waste of time to converse with you.
5 Mar 2015, 22:59 PM

Guards were enemy infantry that could come out in pretty significant numbers. The issue was that you could just spam cards and still do okay versus enemy infantry while helping make all enemy armor that dared get anywere near your Guards could get driven off pretty fast.

If the Ostheer AT gun was effective versus enemy infantry, AND was mobile then yes it's stun shot would be OP.

Time to sigh more.

If Guards was actually effective itself versus tanks like an AT gun, AND had 60 range, then yes, button could be more OP than TWP.

But still, im wondering what the average Ostheer player did back then, build only 251's and Ostruppen instead of the units that were good and crushed the Soviets? Guards werent obersoldaten, contrary to fake misconception.

Such a blob is hundred upon hundreds of munitions, and i thought cost justified performance?
5 Mar 2015, 23:00 PM

It is an L2P issue as your player card shows that you haven't even played the Soviets.
5 Mar 2015, 23:01 PM

Permanently Banned
Luchs isn't very good at kiting since Guards can shoot their PTRS's faster than you can get a Luchs volley off. I've lost countless Luchs to Guards and it's why I don't get a Luchs when going against the Rus; it just dies too quickly and becomes a wasted investment.

And before you say "L2P, it's not a L2P issue since my playercard shows my stats. Guards are just that good even against Luchs and anything the OKW can throw at them, barring Obersoldatens.

Just stop man, no need to dig yourself in any deeper.

Your player card is a joke.

My playercard is visible on this website, L2forum.
5 Mar 2015, 23:05 PM

Considering my stats on my playercard are better than yours, I would advise you to stop digging yourself any deeper. I'm qualified to partake in balance discussions since I have a strong understanding of the game.

With this being said, after many games as the Germans and Allies(I play the US as well), I can safely conclude that Guards and their PTRS rifles are borderline OP and can take on almost every unit the Germans can throw at them. I don't say their OP because they can be killed by Obersoldatens, which is fine.
5 Mar 2015, 23:05 PM

Time to sigh more.

If Guards was actually effective itself versus tanks like an AT gun, AND had 60 range, then yes, button could be more OP than TWP.

But still, im wondering what the average Ostheer player did back then, build only 251's and Ostruppen instead of the units that were good and crushed the Soviets? Guards werent obersoldaten, contrary to fake misconception.

No, but a good player could shut down a Ostheer player who didn't go elefant's rather quickly because the roaming band of guards could deal with enemy infantry AND make it so your tanks could surround and kill his tanks.

Old Button meant with a minimal amount of micro, as in moving your AT guns and TD's into range, you could button an opponents tank and kill it fairly fast unless it had a largish health pool like a Tiger.

The Ostheer AT gun can't sight for itself, and the stun takes a minimum of 4 seconds before firing because the AT gun needs to reload before firing the stun shot. The Ostheer AT gun is also fragile and can literally not do anything to enemy infantry, while guards with old button could. And the fact that you kept the enemy armor support fleeing meant your own tanks could roam the field with supremacy.

It is an L2P issue as your player card shows that you haven't even played the Soviets.

Until WFA came out I had ~30 games as Ostheer, almost all of my pre-WFA hundreds of hours were Soviets. I abused the old button so hard I was accused of hacking multiple times lol.

5 Mar 2015, 23:11 PM

Permanently Banned
Considering my stats on my playercard are better than yours, I would advise you to stop digging yourself any deeper.

Lol, L2Read. I have a 1v1 rank with all factions and a max higher AT rank than any of your ranks. (edit: LOL! you dont have any AT ranks)

The only fucking game mode you play is 2v2 RT OKW. :snfPeter::snfPeter::snfPeter: :rofl:

I'm qualified to partake in balance discussions since I have a strong understanding of the game.

Only thing you're qualified to do is to make a giant fool out of yourself, like you do in almost every thread you've ever posted in.

For fucks sake, you got carried hard as fuck by DavidKH in a 2v2 by almost 2x dmg and kills, then came here and bragged about how hard you beat taxman66, a decent but not remarkably amazing player, like it was as if you beat Jesulin in 1v1.

By acting like you have any authority whatsoever, you simultaneously discredit yourself of any voice you may have had, even at a trivial level.

Not even Sierra is as much of a blatant troll as you, he's just legitimately dumb/misguided.
5 Mar 2015, 23:12 PM

No, but a good player could shut down a Ostheer player who didn't go elefant's rather quickly because the roaming band of guards could deal with enemy infantry AND make it so your tanks could surround and kill his tanks.

Old Button meant with a minimal amount of micro, as in moving your AT guns and TD's into range, you could button an opponents tank and kill it fairly fast unless it had a largish health pool like a Tiger.

The Ostheer AT gun can't sight for itself, and the stun takes a minimum of 4 seconds before firing because the AT gun needs to reload before firing the stun shot. The Ostheer AT gun is also fragile and can literally not do anything to enemy infantry, while guards with old button could. And the fact that you kept the enemy armor support fleeing meant your own tanks could roam the field with supremacy.

Until WFA came out I had ~30 games as Ostheer, almost all of my pre-WFA hundreds of hours were Soviets. I abused the old button so hard I was accused of hacking multiple times lol.

And even a Guards blob cant simply walk around and destroy all infantry and tanks like it was nothing. They are no obersoldaten, meaning you could suppress them if you had an Mg42 behind cover/inside a building. And the things have a range, and last i checked, tanks drive faster than Guards dance. In the past, the panzerwerfer was actually a thing that fired on the clock and made sure such things never existed in actual tactical play.

Again, such a blob is hundreds of munitions, and buttoning and being avoided by a proper player meant you were sinking way too many munitions into nothing. Price apparently does justify performance, so there is no problem in this.

As for times before WFA, there were the various tides of OP soviets and OP Ost, in which people playing Ost was always much higher, meaning the noobs always played whatever made them win, so it was not surprising to see such noobs whine their ass off once something actually stopped the Moscow drive of their Krupp Steel.
5 Mar 2015, 23:16 PM

And even a Guards blob cant simply walk around and destroy all infantry and tanks like it was nothing. They are no obersoldaten, meaning you could suppress them if you had an Mg42 behind cover/inside a building. And the things have a range, and last i checked, tanks drive faster than Guards dance.

Again, such a blob is hundreds of munitions, and buttoning and being avoided by a proper player meant you were sinking way too many munitions into nothing. Price apparently does justify performance, so there is no problem in this.

As for times before WFA, there were the various tides of OP soviets and OP Ost, in which people playing Ost was always much higher, meaning the noobs always played whatever made them win, so it was not surprising to see such noobs whine their ass off once something actually stopped the Moscow drive of their Krupp Steel.

Old Button was overpowered and should have been toned down instead of nerfed, but it wasn't really an issue for lower skilled players because most low skill players had zero idea how to abuse button.

And I played almost entirely soviets before WFA as in 200-300 hours. I enjoyed the crazy strats you could do with Soviets that you could never do with Ostheer.

Yes, Guards ever were Obers, but for a unit to be able to do decent against enemy infantry AND have an ability that instantly stops any enemy armor in rage is pretty fucking broken.

And lol Krupp steel, this meme sure is getting old. I guess you forgot how the Panther got nerfed into near uselessness for a while.
5 Mar 2015, 23:20 PM

Lol, L2Read. I have a 1v1 rank with all factions and a max higher AT rank than any of your ranks.

You L2Read. While your AT rank may be higher than my non-existant AT rank, it doesn't mean much since 2v2 AT doesn't require skill. 2v2 ranked random means that you can't make comprehensive plans prior to playing, neither can you talk with your teammate on the mic unlike in AT.

So let's compare what we both have, 1v1 ranked and 2v2 ranked random. As of now, my ranked 2v2 is much higher than your 50% win rate as USF since you can't even break the top500. My 1v1 rank would also be higher if it wasn't for ELO decay. Congratulations, I just proved that my stats are better; now that we got that out of the way, I see no reason for you to doubt my credentials.

Only thing you're qualified to do is to make a giant fool out of yourself, like you do in almost every thread you've ever posted in.

Many people that I played with in 2v2 ranked and on the official CoH forums agree that Guards and PTRS rifles are extremely potent, and are a game changer. You're the only one who doesn't seem to agree, strange isn't it?

For fucks sake, you got carried hard as fuck by DavidKH in a 2v2 by almost 2x dmg and kills, then came here and bragged about how hard you beat taxman66, a decent but not remarkably amazing player, like it was as if you beat Jesulin in 1v1.

No, I carried David. Watch the replay and you'll see that my build strategy and micro prevented us from losing the match. I only posted it because Taxman bragged he was a better player than me, so I decided to shut him down.

By acting like you have any authority whatsoever, you simultaneously discredit yourself of any voice you may have had, even at a trivial level.

Not even Sierra is as much of a blatant troll as you, he's just legitimately dumb/misguided.

I can't discredit myself since my facts are correct. Anyways, if you're done making personal attacks, it might be time to get back top the topic at hand which is how Guards and PTRS's are better than almost anything the Germans can field.

EDIT: I also play USF in 2v2 ranked so i'm not biased.
5 Mar 2015, 23:21 PM

@Brachiaraidos

Please, tell me that you are trolling.
5 Mar 2015, 23:23 PM

He's trolling, but it still makes him an idiot.
5 Mar 2015, 23:26 PM

And lol Krupp steel, this meme sure is getting old. I guess you forgot how the Panther got nerfed into near uselessness for a while.

I forgot that it was balanced for Ostheer to have 145 fuel panthers that could be rushed in a normal game, making panther nerfs unjustifiable. I also forgot about the double standards that makes old button balanced as long as identical options exist today. Cheaper options that require no commander and have 60 range, requiring it to not give a crap about being attacked as one tank for one pak40 is definitely worth it.
5 Mar 2015, 23:29 PM

There is no identical option to old button. The PaK40 is a fragile anti-tank gun, it having a stun makes sense. A anti-light vehicle unit that can also be upgraded to preform against infantry shouldn't have an ability that can instantly shut down any tank in the game.

The Krupp steel meme is even more pointless today, since the only common MBT is the Panther, and despite it's high cost people throw a shitfit when it's counter is 2 AT guns.
5 Mar 2015, 23:39 PM

Permanently Banned
TL;DR - I'm clueless and have no idea what I'm talking about hurr durr

That's nice Jimmy. Run along and go play with the other OKW tards, you're interrupting the adults.

5 Mar 2015, 23:41 PM

I personally think PTRS not being worse than Mosin against infantry would be a step up but meh. It's an AT weapon but it doesn't have pen so it could at least have versatility and kill infantry. This would help Tank Hunter Tactics too.
PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS