Login

russian armor

Should PTRS be stronger?

PAGES (7)down
5 Mar 2015, 23:42 PM

I'll 1v1 you on 3 conditions:

1) I get to play as OKW
2)You can't use doctrines that include Shock Troops, Guards Infantry or the B4
3) I get to pick the maps(It'll be a best out of 3)

These conditions are more than fair I think, so if you agree we can settle who's the better player and who's more qualified to talk balance.
5 Mar 2015, 23:45 PM

That's nice Jimmy. Run along and go play with the other OKW tards, you're interrupting the adults.

YOU
ARE
BEING
TROLLED
5 Mar 2015, 23:46 PM

There is no identical option to old button. The PaK40 is a fragile anti-tank gun, it having a stun makes sense. A anti-light vehicle unit that can also be upgraded to preform against infantry shouldn't have an ability that can instantly shut down any tank in the game.

The Krupp steel meme is even more pointless today, since the only common MBT is the Panther, and despite it's high cost people throw a shitfit when it's counter is 2 AT guns.

60 range. Such a small distance. It has to be at the front line in order to be of an use. Therefore, it must have the ability to seal the death of a tank. The AT superiority of the Pak isnt the 10 extra pen over the Zis. Its the fact its shooting at an average of much softer armor than on its own side! It also has panzerschreck support, and it is at least better than absolutely nothing.

There are many things that shouldnt be today, but the game sure does not center on what you believe should or should not be. Why shouldnt a crappy AT unit scale into the game? Cons got jealous and want to cry with someone else? PTRS is of no use after 10 minutes (and that is why it rarely exists today as it has no use after that) Again, it doesnt matter what should or should not be; i posted for no reason too many times already in this thread, and look how far this thread had gotten (stops at mirgefla's post and vanishes from there).

And LMG's from long range infantry counter AT guns as well as other things (and then we argue all over the place until we get to tanks) "and then panther counters tanks" (then we go to B4 IS-2 and P47 and then OKW stuff and then onto other crap)

Lets finally agree to disagree and resign from ruining this thread.
5 Mar 2015, 23:53 PM

Permanently Banned

YOU
ARE
BEING
TROLLED

I know.

It was pretty obvious before, but the 3 conditions he posted pretty much confirm it.
5 Mar 2015, 23:54 PM

LMG's from long range don't counter AT guns, unless your Soviet T2 doesn't build maxims or your not supporting your AT guns with your riflemen.

and IIRC the ZiS is only shooting at higher armor tanks because nobodies builds anything smaller than a Panther these days.

The PTRS needs some love, we agreed this like 4 pages ago and then ran off on this pointless tangent about stun shot, which is not at all comparable to an ability on a non-at unit.

The ZiS has utility and durability that the PaK40 doesn't which is why neither is really better than the other.
5 Mar 2015, 23:58 PM

The PTRS's are fine as they are. Whenever i'm up against Guard Infantry, I always have to be careful with my vehicles or the Guards will completely destroy them. Good range, good damage and fairly cheap; if anything, the PTRS should nerfed since it's ridiculously good for the price. Even in the hands of Conscripts, the PTRS's are extremely potent.

Wow. I knew I came to the forum for a reason. Yknow that feeling when you are about to laugh but then feel bad because you know how absurd some poor guy is making himself look?

This is being added to my profile. This is the most brilliant post I have ever seen.
5 Mar 2015, 23:58 PM

I think the okay barrage abiliy is more than made up by Stun Shot. I think Pak 40 is quite a bit better. Maybe if Tracking didn't suck so much...
6 Mar 2015, 00:13 AM

No, it's not a L2P issue. Your text.. I'm a top tier player so I know a thing or two about playing CoH2, which means my opinion carries weight unlike most people's opinions here. I can say for certain that Guards and their PTRS rifles have a huge impact on the game; I've lost my fair share of matches(In 2v2 ranked) where Guards saved the Rus player and granted them a victory; PTRS rifles are strong enough to stop a Luchs rush, a half track rush or any rush from any type of vehicles, and it doesn't even stop there- apparently Relic thought it was a good idea to give Guard Infantry the ability to decimate light/medium vehicles as well as infantry. I can't even move Volks up to engage them without their PTRS rifles killing a few models.

Ostheer 1 vs 1.

Rank 786.

Ok
6 Mar 2015, 11:01 AM

I want the replay of this epic 1V1 !
6 Mar 2015, 11:14 AM

With Festung Armor doctrine I was able to kill IS2 in 9 secs.
2x Pak40 with TWP + Pak43.

Unbreakeable, uncounterable and the button was OP... Button could be interuppted, countered and vehicle still could move. TWP is a way stronger than button but according to Relic TWP is OK and button was OP :snfPeter:
6 Mar 2015, 11:49 AM

With Festung Armor doctrine I was able to kill IS2 in 9 secs.
2x Pak40 with TWP + Pak43.

Unbreakeable, uncounterable and the button was OP... Button could be interuppted, countered and vehicle still could move. TWP is a way stronger than button but according to Relic TWP is OK and button was OP :snfPeter:

PAK40 and 43 uncounterable and unbreakable, huh?
Your opponent built no balistics and had no infantry I suppose?
6 Mar 2015, 11:54 AM

I hope you just misread my point. Target Weap Point is uncounterable and once you get in range, you will lose a tank most likely.
6 Mar 2015, 11:56 AM

Move infantry forward
Spot double pak
Throw Incendiary Arty
ggwpnorethnxbb
6 Mar 2015, 12:24 PM

1) I get to play as OKW

These conditions are more than fair I think, so if you agree we can settle who's the better player and who's more qualified to talk balance.

I´ll take anyone on 1vs1 on one condition :

The enemy Units shall not leave their base sector.

I think it´s a relatively fair condition since during fights, I´am losing Units and then I can´t capture victory Points.
6 Mar 2015, 12:32 PM

1) I get to play as OKW

You're on!

:lolol:
6 Mar 2015, 12:50 PM

1) I get to play as OKW

Quit making a fool of yourself. That's embarassing. If you want to prove something, play as soviet against him as OKW.
6 Mar 2015, 13:51 PM
Patrion 28

he's trolling; whether he intended to or not.
6 Mar 2015, 14:58 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

6 Mar 2015, 15:06 PM

Good god this was painful to read are you guys really that gullible?
6 Mar 2015, 16:03 PM

One thing I absolutely hate about Guards is that they drop their weapons WAY to often. PTRS and DPS are dropped in every single engagement, this needs to change. Lastly, long range damage buff or TWP will be a great additional as a "Vet" ability.
PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS